GDT: Game 33: Coyotes @ Wild | 3-27-13 | 6PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Coyotes are 4-1-1 in home games I haven't made it to. Maybe I should stop showing up to home games (I think I posted this once before and OEL told me I was silly).

Wow, I've missed 6 already? Going to miss a 7th too. 7 out of 24 seems like a lot to miss. I told myself when I bought season tickets before the lockout that if I made "30 out of 41" it would be worth it. 30/41 is 73.1% of games, 17/24 is 70.8%. Eh, close enough I guess. Didn't foresee it being next to impossible to get Saturday nights off work to go to games though. That's been really annoying all season.

Saturdays are the funnest games to go to. Usually a large crowd, no work the next day. It would be silly to not go to games due to their record without you though.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Saturdays are the funnest games to go to. Usually a large crowd, no work the next day. It would be silly to not go to games due to their record without you though.

Of course. I'm not really being serious in thinking about not showing up to games because they play better when I'm not there.

Best part of Saturday games is not having to deal with traffic on the way there (I leave 75 minutes in advance instead of 90, and the drive is much less aggravating). The 6 p.m. start time is nice too because then I'm home to Tempe by 9:30, which is still reasonably early for a Saturday night when you're 26, so I can head out with friends for a few hours after the game.

Of course, I normally work 6-12:30 on Saturday nights and that's not a shift that's easy to get out of for a game.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Dang, what I would give to see one last Coyotes game at the job :cry:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Dang, what I would give to see one last Coyotes game at the job :cry:

I'm trying to get rid of my ticket to next Saturday's game (though hopefully involving a trade for a pair to some other game I can make so I can take someone I know who wants to go). Couldn't help you with travel to the Phoenix area though.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
I'm trying to get rid of my ticket to next Saturday's game (though hopefully involving a trade for a pair to some other game I can make so I can take someone I know who wants to go). Couldn't help you with travel to the Phoenix area though.

Yeah, with work and $$$ right now it wouldn't be the smartest thing for me to do, such as fly down to PHX or whatever. Would be awesome though.

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
12 straight L from LoLB when started.

Anyway. Let's sign him to another two-year deal and give him a good raise. He is such a great locker room guy!

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
I've given up hope for the post season this year after the Monday loss, and just hope they don't go crazy at the trade deadline and dump guys we might be able to resign for next year. Another hope is that we get an owner soon, I think they'll be around next season, but Tippet and Mahony's contracts are up at the end of this season I hope they both decide to stick around but I bet they get good offers from other owners if NHL allows it. Just get to fish alot this April while the trout are hungry and no PO games to stress out about. October will be here before I know it. Go 2013-14 Yotes!!

mitch27

Sep 6, 2009
Windsor, Ontario
I'm done with the Steve Sullivan experiment. The guy is so soft. He shies away from any type of contact whatsoever. If he sees he's about to be hit he blindly throws the puck away. Not only does he not win battles for the puck, he doesn't even bother taking part in the battles. I'm tired of it.

I really liked Schlemko. After being one of his biggest haters a few years ago he's really improved his game and impresses me every night.

We desperately need an offensive threat. Let's tank for one of Mackinnon, Barkov, Drouin or Lindholm.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm done with the Steve Sullivan experiment. The guy is so soft. He shies away from any type of contact whatsoever. If he sees he's about to be hit he blindly throws the puck away. Not only does he not win battles for the puck, he doesn't even bother taking part in the battles. I'm tired of it.

I really liked Schlemko. After being one of his biggest haters a few years ago he's really improved his game and impresses me every night.

We desperately need an offensive threat. Let's tank for one of Mackinnon, Barkov, Drouin or Lindholm.

Yes, the Sullivan project didn't work out as planned...we desperately need Whitney right now, of course with things not working out it opens up the possibility for the Coyotes to solidify the #1 center position for years to come. I'm truly hoping we can sandbag ourselves to at least a bottom 6 position, hopefully bottom 4 so that we can select Drouin, MacKinnon or Barkov and if we're in the top 6 then either Lindholm or Monaghan.

If we're going to finish near the bottom, this is the year to do it. We could even trade a couple pieces that could be worth a late first and select Lazar or my favorite Klimchuk. But we have to come out of this draft with a #1 center bare minimum. Adding another top 6 forward would also be ideal.

Let's say we finish 4th and pick Barkov and then GMDM pulls his magic and gets a late first and gets Klimchuk. In 2 years time, our roster could look something like this:

Boedker/Barkov/Vrbata
Lessio/Vermette/Doan
Klimchuk/Hanzal/Samuellson
Brown/Gordon/Klinkhammer

OEL/Rundblad
Yandle/DeMo
Gormley/Stone
Schlemko

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
12 straight L from LoLB when started.

Anyway. Let's sign him to another two-year deal and give him a good raise. He is such a great locker room guy!

Man! They should really consider hiring you as GM. I feel like you could do such a better job than Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad