Pre-Game Talk: Game 33: CBJ at PIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinzilla*

The fact that Dumbinsky is even allowed to play in this game after that stunt he pulled against Philly is pretty sickening. I guess the league really won't learn until this guy actually legit hurts someone.

What happened?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
So you're not offering any real alternatives and instead just complaining to complain. Gotcha.

That's something I've noticed about the people who complain about the lack of toughness on the roster. They always complain about it but offer no real solutions.

Sundqvist brings size and snarl, at the very least.

I mean, he's no Kevin Porter, but he can hold his own.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Sundqvist brings size and snarl, at the very least.

I mean, he's no Kevin Porter, but he can hold his own.

OS will help, bring in Wilson and you get a guy who will finish checks, and with Perron, PH, Plotnikov, Letang, Daley, Cole and even Kunitz turning up the physicality in the post season, the team should be able to hold its own.

The bigger issue is getting some lines that work, and getting healthy. If PH can handle LW, it solves a lot of problems. That even opens up the possibility of bringing Sprong back in the post season possibly riding some confidence.

kbuck8851

Apr 25, 2012
Anyone wondering what would happen if the team broke out offensively without Sid in the lineup?

What happens then?

MR50goalscorer

† Assyrian MMA †
Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Crosby being out is not good. Interested in our line up come tomorrow. If only we could call up a physical player who had an edge to his game

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Anyone wondering what would happen if the team broke out offensively without Sid in the lineup?

What happens then?

I am certain that Pens' management will rightly draw conclusions from a single game sample and make significant team altering changes in response.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA

What happens then?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not sure what would be better. It seems that historically they have been better any time they are missing one of the two stars.

I would imagine nothing will happen since it is only one game but they lost 5 in a row and if he were to be out for a few games and they would happen to win a few games without him it would have to raise some eyebrows, you would think. I'm aware that there are a lot of ifs and it is pretty unlikely that the Pens string together a few wins with or without Crosby at this point so it will probably be nonissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad