Pre-Game Talk: Game 33: CBJ at PIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
They have to do something about Dubinsky. Not saying brawl necessarily. Just something , whether that's testing his pansy-level(he can def be intimidated) vs going after their stars and, oh I dunno, breaking a stick over someone's neck, but it has to be something.
Actually I'll be interested to see where Sullivan comes down on this subject ....I know we don't have the cast to really go Apesh**** but I hope something happens to intimidate either Dub or their stars and preferably both.
Yes I may be dreaming.
But you break your stick over our star's neck then at least one person needs to leave the ice off their skates, either the perp or one of their stars.
I know, I dream.

I mean, you could just play him hard. Treat him like he does Sid. Problem is we have no one in the lineup to do that? Kunitz? Plotnikov? Can Daley lay lumber to his back in front of the net?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Swap Kessel and Sheary and you got it. We don't have enough left wingers to be playing some at right wing.

Well, I'm sure some people will be happy, yet at a loss as to what to do.

he also let a good many of them fester and traded away a potential large part of the solution

The problem I have is that I think these things would have happened with or without him because **** has been allowed to carry on and fester for years. I doubt he even has the power to gut everything and that's probably what is needed. Despres was maligned for years, but JR should have nixed that horrifically bad trade and told Gurein to **** off.

JR doing something stupid is preferable to this situation.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
With how the league operates and condones it, i would be too.

I'm more disappointed with the way his teammates operate and condone it.

It would be nice to have a team built for the how the NHL works and not how we wish it worked.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I wonder what the direction is for the Pens from here. We'll probably continue to sink in the standings until Maf/Letang come back, which may be a while off.

Is it possible we'll actually see the Pens enter sell mode by the deadline this year if we're not in a playoff spot at that point? Or will JR cling to hope and try some stupid panic trades.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I wonder what the direction is for the Pens from here. We'll probably continue to sink in the standings until Maf/Letang come back, which may be a while off.

Is it possible we'll actually see the Pens enter sell mode by the deadline this year if we're not in a playoff spot at that point? Or will JR cling to hope and try some stupid panic trades.

JR? I have no idea. The FO Hydra? Panic trades. Mario and Burkle? Talking to their accountants.

I think they've needed something like this for years. Get a good draft pick (Hi, Pouliot... Shero) and stockpile some assets for the future; no throwing away assets for some delusional cup run. And for the love of all that's holy, trading Kunitz needs to be priority number 1. Hope like **** that Boedker can be had in free agency, don't trade Bennett (Remember Despres, Pens?) and make a decision on Perron.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
"Lower body injury" is a weird way to say Crosby's balls have been lost

Sid probably just afraid of Dubinsky.

I'm sorry but this board is just ridiculous. Really sad to see how spoiled and entitled this fanbase has become.

PK Subban had some quotes recently about how hockey more than any other sport eats their own. And it's really so true. From the media to the fans, there is this pressing need to tear everyone down when things aren't going absolutely perfect (and sometimes even when they are) and it's really sad.

Crosby has had a hand in just about every goal the Penguins have scored since Sullivan took over. His line is the only one clicking. But now we're going to **** on him because he's injured.

Just ridiculous. He's spent his entire career taking endless abuse and harassment from top defensemen and forwards. He literally fought Dubinsky last season. But now that he's not producing as much he's suddenly running scared. What a coincidence. :shakehead

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I hope Sid plays and I hope Dubinsky does something stupid (which he will if Sid plays). I don't want to see Crosby get hurt, but I want to see the team react. They should be on the hunt for Dubinsky anyway, but if he does something stupid, they need to jump him like Simmonds did the other day. This team needs some energy pumped into it and they need something that will get them to play for each other. They are not a team, they are a collection of individuals, and that needs to change.

Unfortunately, I know I'm wrong and they will just stand idly by.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I'm sorry but this board is just ridiculous. Really sad to see how spoiled and entitled this fanbase has become.

PK Subban had some quotes recently about how hockey more than any other sport eats their own. And it's really so true. From the media to the fans, there is this pressing need to tear everyone down when things aren't going absolutely perfect (and sometimes even when they are) and it's really sad.

Crosby has had a hand in just about every goal the Penguins have scored since Sullivan took over. His line is the only one clicking. But now we're going to **** on him because he's injured. Pretty sure Dubinsky's injured too, in any case.

Just ridiculous. He's spent his entire career taking endless abuse and harassment from top defensemen and forwards. He literally fought Dubinsky last season. But now that he's not producing as much he's suddenly running scared. What a coincidence. :shakehead

Unclench captain, it was a joke.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Nah, don't get cold feet. Commit to your Flyers fan transformation. Cindy Cros***** hurt her vagina, right?

ftfy It was a missed opportunity but "pansy" needs to be worked in because it's the insult du jour.

Anyway, this place is insane now and even the ignore list can't save it. At least it's entertaining, though.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
ftfy It was a missed opportunity but "pansy" needs to be worked in because it's the insult du jour.

Anyway, this place is insane now and even the ignore list can't save it. At least it's entertaining, though.

Damn, sorry about that! Flyers fans need to put together a PowerPoint presentation on how to vulgarly insult Sid with peak sexism and homophobia. I'm new at this. :sarcasm:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Crosby has had a hand in just about every goal the Penguins have scored since Sullivan took over. His line is the only one clicking. But now we're going to **** on him because he's injured. Pretty sure Dubinsky's injured too, in any case.

Between those posts, and a couple of posts in the injury thread, I want Crosby to be traded so badly just so those "fans" can see just how truly awesome this club is without Sid.

This fanbase can be so pathetic. Sid carries the team for years with less than stellar help around him, but the moment he struggles you have a bunch of dolts who are supposed to be Pens fans ripping on him.

I expect the insults from opposing fans. It's just pathetic when it comes from Penguins fans.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Between those posts, and a couple of posts in the injury thread, I want Crosby to be traded so badly just so those "fans" can see just how truly awesome this club is without Sid.

This fanbase can be so pathetic. Sid carries the team for years with less than stellar help around him, but the moment he struggles you have a bunch of dolts who are supposed to be Pens fans ripping on him.

I expect the insults from opposing fans. It's just pathetic when it comes from Penguins fans.

ur jus mad cuz crosby sucks

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013

I am far from a Habs fan, but part of me hopes he waives for them and becomes the final piece in a dynasty. We'll see how "Geno's team" does with Nick Bonino at 2C.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

What I find weird (the polite way of putting it) is how much some seem to enjoy it, and I'm not referring to accounts that pop up or other ones that are probably only troll accounts... or TteoT. It's a pretty damn gleeful reaction, and OTT and melodramatic but that's whatever.

Crosby getting traded would lead to a decade long tantrum (Pens suck, other team isn't the Pens and therefor isn't self destructive, he ****ed the Pens over, etc.) and then probably seeing him as Jagr II by the end (We must have him back to win and have him finish his career here. All is forgiven, one more cup). Watching it would be something to behold.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
What I find weird (the polite way of putting it) is how much some seem to enjoy it, and I'm not referring to accounts that pop up or other ones that are probably only troll accounts... or TteoT. It's a pretty damn gleeful reaction, and OTT and melodramatic but that's whatever.

Crosby getting traded would lead to a decade long tantrum (Pens suck, other team isn't the Pens and therefor isn't self destructive, he ****ed the Pens over, etc.) and then probably seeing him as Jagr II by the end (We must have him back to win and have him finish his career here. All is forgiven, one more cup). Watching it would be something to behold.

I agree with this. Malkin's slumps inspire misery and sympathy, hoping he pulls out of it. Crosby's slump has had this air of "Ha! I told you so." Like they've been waiting all these years for an excuse to rag on him and now they finally have it. It's very weird.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
At least last year we had hot heads like Downie, Farnham and Lapierre that could drive mad the opponents, now we have nobody crazy on our team. And nobody that can be phisical too when needed. We have tons of talent, but nothing that could ignite it.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I agree with this. Malkin's slumps inspire misery and sympathy, hoping he pulls out of it. Crosby's slump has had this air of "Ha! I told you so." Like they've been waiting all these years for an excuse to rag on him and now they finally have it. It's very weird.
I don't buy this at all. Malkin gets the same **** when he's not playing well. The anti-Malkin (or pro-complaining) people come out in full force calling him a typical, lazy, selfish Russian who can't wait to go back to the KHL. How many times have there been Malkin to the Kings proposals or Malkin to the Blues? It's the same **** people are doing to Crosby now.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I don't buy this at all. Malkin gets the same **** when he's not playing well. The anti-Malkin (or pro-complaining) people come out in full force calling him a typical, lazy, selfish Russian who can't wait to go back to the KHL. How many times have there been Malkin to the Kings proposals or Malkin to the Blues? It's the same **** people are doing to Crosby now.

That mostly comes from other fans though, not Pens fans, at least on this board. Malkin is literally not playing well right now and there's none of the same grave-dancing and hysteria.

There's really not any anti-Malkin people on this board. Not to the extent where they'd celebrate his injuries or say it's better for the team. There is a disconcertingly large group of anti-Crosby people now, though. It's starting to seem like irrational groupthink where every game that Crosby doesn't rack up 5 points is more ammo for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad