Pre-Game Talk: Game 33: CBJ at PIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Well, I'm sure some people will be happy, yet at a loss as to what to do.

The problem I have is that I think these things would have happened with or without him because **** has been allowed to carry on and fester for years. I doubt he even has the power to gut everything and that's probably what is needed. Despres was maligned for years, but JR should have nixed that horrifically bad trade and told Gurein to **** off.

JR doing something stupid is preferable to this situation.

On what basis is the SD trade, Billy G's trade and I don't know that it was or wasn't. Unless one knows for sure, one should not make these statements. Yes, JR should have vetoed this trade, but could he. Yes, then and now it is a bad trade, Every thing that has come out about this trade is pure speculation. Hopefully, when JR leaves or is fired, the truth comes out.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Why not Sundqvist? Is he doing poorly?

Rust has NHL experience and who knows if he'll get the nod over Porter. So, if Crosby doesn't play, Bennett doesn't rise from the dead a la Jesus, no one else gets injured and Bonino doesn't get sick again.

Kunitz-Bonino-Sheary
Hornqvist-Malkin-Kessel
Perron-Fehr-Rust/Wilson/Porter
Plotnikov-Cullen-Rust/Wilson/Porter

Gee, Sprong sure would have been helpful. :laugh:

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
The fact that Dumbinsky is even allowed to play in this game after that stunt he pulled against Philly is pretty sickening. I guess the league really won't learn until this guy actually legit hurts someone.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Rust has NHL experience and who knows if he'll get the nod over Porter. So, if Crosby doesn't play, Bennett doesn't rise from the dead a la Jesus, no one else gets injured and Bonino doesn't get sick again.

Kunitz-Bonino-Sheary
Hornqvist-Malkin-Kessel
Perron-Fehr-Rust/Wilson/Porter
Plotnikov-Cullen-Rust/Wilson/Porter

Gee, Sprong sure would have been helpful. :laugh:

That first line....:laugh:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Now would be a good time to experiment with Kessel on his own line if Sid is out tomorrow. At least a few shifts away from Malkin. Maybe double shifting him to get some semblance of offense.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Now would be a good time to experiment with Kessel on his own line if Sid is out tomorrow. At least a few shifts away from Malkin. Maybe double shifting him to get some semblance of offense.

Ideally he'd run the 2nd line for that game. If he gels with a particular liner then once Crosby comes back, Kessel could run a 3rd line with that player he hypothetically gelled with. Notice that this player would in essence, be bumped down Kessel's line by Crosby so it'd be nice if that player didn't mesh with Sid in the 1st place.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
In what should be an intense, physical game, with an eye towards destroying Dubinsky, the Pens call up......Brian Rust. Good God almighty this franchise is a laughing stock.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
In what should be an intense, physical game, with an eye towards destroying Dubinsky, the Pens call up......Brian Rust. Good God almighty this franchise is a laughing stock.

And you would have called up.....?

If you haven't noticed, the Pens don't have any tough guys that can play hockey in their organization.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
And you would have called up.....?

If you haven't noticed, the Pens don't have any tough guys that can play hockey in their organization.

Yet another reason why this old coot should be fired. Is Luc-Leblond still on the baby Pens?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yet another reason why this old coot should be fired. Is Luc-Leblond still on the baby Pens?

So you're not offering any real alternatives and instead just complaining to complain. Gotcha.

That's something I've noticed about the people who complain about the lack of toughness on the roster. They always complain about it but offer no real solutions.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Sundqvist is the only big, gritty real hockey player they have. Wilson has apparently been playing with more of a chip on his shoulder this season, too. That's all I can think of, unless all you want is to watch players get punched in the face and the occasional big, late, ineffective hit. Meanwhile the actual hockey part is a disaster.

Last edited:

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
So you're not offering any real alternatives and instead just complaining to complain. Gotcha.

That's something I've noticed about the people who complain about the lack of toughness on the roster. They always complain about it but offer no real solutions.

Hmmm, i don't know, how about maybe signing some players that are tough? I mean, that's not against the law is it? So yes, assembling the softest team in league history, I repeat, league history, is a legitimate complaint against the GM and ownership.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Only forward (on an NHL-contract) who is willing and is decent at dropping the gloves is Tyler Biggs. Reid McNeill is a good light-heavyweight; organization has no interest in giving him a call-up.

Shame on Rutherford and Botterill for not having an enforcer in the system with an NHL-contract. God damn amateurs. The team has a crapload of AHL-caliber defenseman. I am sure you could get an enforcer like McGrattan for Erixon. Would be another leader/mentor for the WBS Penguins. Good player at the AHL level as well.

zhenyas most fly rep

May 3, 2009
breizh
Have them watch Slap Shot right before the game, the pregame speech should be in it somewhere.

Oh and while we're at it, let's sign those guys to one game amateur contract
CQHSf1VUwAAwscO.jpg

all 4 of them

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Only forward (on an NHL-contract) who is willing and is decent at dropping the gloves is Tyler Biggs. Reid McNeill is a good light-heavyweight; organization has no interest in giving him a call-up.

Shame on Rutherford and Botterill for not having an enforcer in the system with an NHL-contract. God damn amateurs. The team has a crapload of AHL-caliber defenseman. I am sure you could get an enforcer like McGrattan for Erixon.

Or you get All-Star enforcer John Scott :naughty:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hmmm, i don't know, how about maybe signing some players that are tough? I mean, that's not against the law is it? So yes, assembling the softest team in league history, I repeat, league history, is a legitimate complaint against the GM and ownership.

Because anyone is saying signing tough players is available.

I'm asking who specifically you would sign. It's easy to say "sign some tough players", just like it's easy to say "I want Matt Martin and Cal Clutterbuck as 2 of our bottom-6 wingers". You're complaining that we're calling up Rust without offering any other alternatives other than "sign some tough guys!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad