Pre-Game Talk: Game 33 4/1 7:07 PM - THE BEAR hunts for penguins - NESN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Like Freddy's getting another game at C. I think his future on this team is still likely as a winger, but great to have him as a center option in a bind.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i know im in the minority but why cant we just break up that first line for a couple games?
smith looked good up there.
and get ritchie away from krejci. put bjork on his wing with pasta.
Bjork makes things happen. if hes with some talent like pasta and krejci i think it could work.

Reactions: duffy

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Did Butch not also call out Pasta? If he did not he better. Pasta has been approached the other teams zone slower then Krech and making a lot it turnovers and bad passes. He needs to get his butt in gear more then anyone.

Good luck Vladar, hopefully the team treats you better then they did Halak.
Pasta was a turnover machine the last game because he cannot overcome his instinct to dangle through multiple players. Krecji and Marchand also do it on occasion, but Pasta is the number one offender. If you get picked going in at the offensive blue line, you just gave the other team a third of the ice and a head start going the other way.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Pasta was a turnover machine the last game because he cannot overcome his instinct to dangle through multiple players. Krecji and Marchand also do it on occasion, but Pasta is the number one offender. If you get picked going in at the offensive blue line, you just gave the other team a third of the ice and a head start going the other way.
he also didnt win 1 puck battle. especially off the ozone faceoffs

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Seeing Butch insist on keeping the first line together while also citing Grzelcyk/McAvoy as "too top-heavy" makes me unreasonably annoyed.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
i know im in the minority but why cant we just break up that first line for a couple games?
smith looked good up there.
and get ritchie away from krejci. put bjork on his wing with pasta.
Bjork makes things happen. if hes with some talent like pasta and krejci i think it could work.
Bjork makes stuff happen when he's against lesser defenders. When he's in a top 6 role facing more serious shut down guys, he crumbles. I leave the top 6 alone for a while. Ritchie-Krejci-Smith is starting to gel, and the Bergeron line needs no defending.

Reactions: Jdavidev

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Rather have Wagner than Blidh.

Must admit I was a bit surprised to see the 4th line kept intact after a poor outing 2 days ago. However after Cassidy called the youngsters out and challenged them to bring more fire and compete, it's probably only fair he gives them all a chance to respond to that. He's put the onus on them to step up, let's see what they do.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Darth vlader time.

I come in peace, but we've (more me actually) cornered the "Darkside of the Force" well before this. So battle of Death Stars it is...

I won't post my gif here to not provoke things... It will be in our GDT.... No injuries is all I ask...but we all know how that goes.:laugh:

Beyond your post: I will say, yellow/gold, but you guys all are the ones who fought so hard to try and keep us from it. I just don't see the reasoning to throw stones in glass houses.

Have a great game...but not too great.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am glad Vladar is getting more games, obviously concerned about Tuukka but we need to see what we have in goaltending depth as well. He has been very good apart from that one blunder which even a veteran can make....notably Timmy in the Final. I think we have a keeper...:naughty:

Keep it rolling Bruins, I like how they looked in the third period of the last game. Take the reins Charlie, you are a born leader.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille