Pre-Game Talk: Game 33 4/1 7:07 PM - THE BEAR hunts for penguins - NESN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
AnguishedMadKakapo-small.gif

upload_2021-3-31_13-41-41.png

upload_2021-3-31_13-42-10.png

upload_2021-3-31_13-42-37.png

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The B's have games in hand but that means nothing unless they win them. Then to further muddle projections is the fact that Boston has SIX games left with Buffalo that every other team has feasted on.

:popcorn:

View attachment 415375

Next 7 games are against direct rivals for positioning (Pit 2-Phi 3-Wsh 2).

Then they close the season with more than 33% of their games (6/17) against Buffalo.

Bruins in the driver seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The B's have games in hand but that means nothing unless they win them. Then to further muddle projections is the fact that Boston has SIX games left with Buffalo that every other team has feasted on.

:popcorn:

View attachment 415375
We've been pretty banged up and have games in hand, but man is it sad to see the 'boring' Isles have almost 20 more goals for than the B's do.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I didn't have as much of a problem with Tanev's hit on Tinordi as I did Wilson's hit on Carlo. But I do wonder if Cassidy puts Tinordi in at some point against the Pens in case Tinordi wants to get a chance at payback.

The coach's job is to ice the team that gives them the best chance at winning. Tinordi in over Lauzon doesn't do that; but Cassidy didn't exactly give a ringing endorsement to Lauzon, saying it's harder to bench a defenseman in-game, especially with one just coming back from injury.

The B's have snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in their last two wins against teams at the bottom of the standings; with a lethargic 1-0 loss in between. That lackadaisical effort with similar unforced errors against Pittsburgh will not end well.

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I didn't have as much of a problem with Tanev's hit on Tinordi as I did Wilson's hit on Carlo. But I do wonder if Cassidy puts Tinordi in at some point against the Pens in case Tinordi wants to get a chance at payback.

The coach's job is to ice the team that gives them the best chance at winning. Tinordi in over Lauzon doesn't do that; but Cassidy didn't exactly give a ringing endorsement to Lauzon, saying it's harder to bench a defenseman in-game, especially with one just coming back from injury.

The B's have snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in their last two wins against teams at the bottom of the standings; with a lethargic 1-0 loss in between. That lackadaisical effort with similar unforced errors against Pittsburgh will not end well.

It certainly won't. They have to bottle that extra hustle and desire they found in the 3rd yesterday and use it right out the gate against the Pens. No going back into their shells and their 'comfortable' way of playing. This team has had so many momentum/mood swings this season. Just for once they actually need to follow up their strong finish to the last game and carry it on.

Feels a little different this time because Cassidy has actively called out the younger players and made it very, publicly, clear that he expects them to show more heat if they want to keep their spots. So I'm expecting a response from the likes of Freddie, Seny, Lauzon, Clifton etc. Will be interesting to see what they do. If it's nothing then we'll know that Bruce had a serious problem on his hands. But hopefully we get a hard physical effort and no more dumb/lazy plays.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Better than snatching defeat from the jaws of victory which they have done too often this season.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I really don’t understand everyone that’s been so furious with this team lately. They are 4-1-1 in their last six games.

Of course you can sit here and say three of those wins have been against some weaker teams like Buffalo and New Jersey.

If you want to contextualize it like that, then please do. However if you are going to do that then please take it a step further and realize that half of the bottom six forwards have been Providence players over the past three weeks. 2-3 starting defenders have been out of the lineup as well. To top it off our number one goalie has been out as well.

I don’t expect this team to be blowing teams out when half the team is made up of providence regulars and/or waiver claims on any given night.

The conversation should be that despite all the adversity, the team is finding a way to win. Instead it’s just that there’s not enough talent.

I remember not too long ago after about 15 games into the seasons when the team was much healthier, they were first place in the entire NHL.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I really don’t understand everyone that’s been so furious with this team lately. They are 4-1-1 in their last six games.

Of course you can sit here and say three of those wins have been against some weaker teams like Buffalo and New Jersey.

If you want to contextualize it like that, then please do. However if you are going to do that then please take it a step further and realize that half of the bottom six forwards have been Providence players over the past three weeks. 2-3 starting defenders have been out of the lineup as well. To top it off our number one goalie has been out as well.

I don’t expect this team to be blowing teams out when half the team is made up of providence regulars and/or waiver claims on any given night.

The conversation should be that despite all the adversity, the team is finding a way to win. Instead it’s just that there’s not enough talent.

I remember not too long ago after about 15 games into the seasons when the team was much healthier, they were first place in the entire NHL.
I think a lot of people here don’t see them as cup contenders and are thinking we should not be buyers. Playoff team I think they are but a cup contender imo no

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Marchy/Bergy/Pasta
Ritchie/Krejci/Smith
Bjork/Coyle/Seny
Frederic/Studs/???

Problem is what do you do with DeBrusk when he's back? Not worried about Kase coming back anytime soon, or ever, or for long.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Marchy/Bergy/Pasta
Ritchie/Krejci/Smith
Bjork/Coyle/Seny
Frederic/Studs/???

Problem is what do you do with DeBrusk when he's back? Not worried about Kase coming back anytime soon, or ever, or for long.

Debrusk-coyle-bjork and move seny to 4th line RW. Honestly Frederic-Studnicka-sent probably have the most chemistry anyways from playing in providence the past couple years together

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

It is not so much the record as they way they have been playing that is a concern. They could just as easily be 1-4-1 in the last 6. It the failure to show up on time, the gift goals that have been happening too often, the waiting till the last 10 minutes to start playing with some fire. That is the issue. And lest we forget, that hot start flattered the team to an extent- too many come from behind wins which is not sustainable long-term.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It is not so much the record as they way they have been playing that is a concern. They could just as easily be 1-4-1 in the last 6. It the failure to show up on time, the gift goals that have been happening too often, the waiting till the last 10 minutes to start playing with some fire. That is the issue. And lest we forget, that hot start flattered the team to an extent- too many come from behind wins which is not sustainable long-term.
One of the worst looking 6 game stretch I’ve seen from this team in the last 5 years.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
In addition this is also following a very poor stretch. So 4 wins in 6 games with 2 or half against Buffalo and we even played from behind for most of one of those games. 2-1-1 in 4 non Buffalo games following a 4-7-2 stretch if I tallied correctly. In 19 games I count 19 points which is not good enough.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pretty funny that the bruins are 4-1-1 in their last six games, but the attitude around here has been it’s time to sell at the deadline.
played the Sabres 2 times and Devils 2 times, blew a lead vs the Isles and squeaked by the Pens, glad they have 9 pts in those games out of 12, it`s the way this team plays nightly that worries this fan a ton, can`t really recall the last time this team strung together even a modest streak where they were clearly the better team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad