Pre-Game Talk: GAME 33 - 1/12 7:15 PM - POUTINEVILLE - TNT, SN, RDS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
No GDT rant tonight. My mother was taken to the hospital last night for shortness of breath and weakness. Diagnosed with heart failure and sepsis but she is responding fairly well to treatment. However blood work shows serious problem with her liver function and scans show lesions on liver and lungs that may be cancer. Please keep her in your prayers and good thoughts
Best of Wishes and prayers to you and your mother

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
No GDT rant tonight. My mother was taken to the hospital last night for shortness of breath and weakness. Diagnosed with heart failure and sepsis but she is responding fairly well to treatment. However blood work shows serious problem with her liver function and scans show lesions on liver and lungs that may be cancer. Please keep her in your prayers and good thoughts

Awful to hear. Hope the situation improves.

Reactions: TCB

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

I just said a prayer for her. And I will continue to pray for her and your family. Healing vibes sent her way. If you need to reach out. I'm here for you. God Bless.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Here's hoping for good news and better days ahead. All the best to you and your mother.

Reactions: TCB

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Remember last week how posters didn't like the ESPN crew- well they will be back tomorrow

Thursday at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN, Bob Wischusen will call play-by-play with analyst AJ Mlezcko and Brian Boucher reporting from rinkside, when the Philadelphia Flyers (13-15-7) take on the Boston Bruins (18-11-2). Also at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, John Buccigross will be on the call with analysts Kevin Weekes and Ryan Callahan for the Columbus Blue Jackets (16-16-1) divisional matchup with the Metropolitan-leading Carolina Hurricanes (24-7-2) on ESPN+ and Hulu. Studio coverage for both games on Thursday will be hosted by Steve Levy with Mark Messier and Chris Chelios as analysts.
Bloody hell...:thumbd:

Reactions: Zillah

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So sorry and good luck.

Thoughts and prayers lost both parents to cancer and sister last Christmas Day,and now brother is in hospital with it so f*** Cancer!

Very sorry to hear it. Good luck!

Betsy, So sorry your Mom is not well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I most definitely will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers, best of luck with everything

(won't press 'like')
Nothing but good thoughts. I Hope for the best for your Mom and yourself.

hoping for the best possible results for your Mom

I am sending positive thoughts, I wish her all the best. I am so sorry.

Best of Wishes and prayers to you and your mother

Awful to hear. Hope the situation improves.

I just said a prayer for her. And I will continue to pray for her and your family. Healing vibes sent her way. If you need to reach out. I'm here for you. God Bless.

Here's hoping for good news and better days ahead. All the best to you and your mother.

Thank you for your prayers, thoughts & good wishes. The best people I've never met I always say. :heart:

However, the news is very bad- it is cancer of the liver and lungs, advanced & aggressive. Her liver is failing as are her kidneys.
If the doctors can stabilize her kidneys she may be able to come home for hospice care and then it will be a matter of weeks. If not, it may be a matter of days.

There were no symptoms, no warning signs of any kind until Saturday when she developed diarrhea & vomiting. We thought she had caught a stomach bug.

f*** cancer.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Thank you for your prayers, thoughts & good wishes. The best people I've never met I always say. :heart:

However, the news is very bad- it is cancer of the liver and lungs, advanced & aggressive. Her liver is failing as are her kidneys.
If the doctors can stabilize her kidneys she may be able to come home for hospice care and then it will be a matter of weeks. If not, it may be a matter of days.

There were no symptoms, no warning signs of any kind until Saturday when she developed diarrhea & vomiting. We thought she had caught a stomach bug.

f*** cancer.

I am so unbelievablely sorry to hear this. There are no words to accurately express how sorry I am. That is unimaginable. I will continue to be praying for your mother and your family at this trying time.

<3

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009

f*** cancer.

Thoughts and prayers to your mom and you, BMC.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

f*** cancer.

So sorry to hear this awful news BMC

Cancer took my wife's younger sister a few years ago and I'm so ****ing sick of cancer

God bless you and your Family

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much

f*** cancer.
So sorry to hear, thoughts and prayers.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan

f*** cancer.
Oh man...I'm so sorry to hear that..My Dad had a similar issue

Thoughts are with you

And yes, f*** cancer

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
All the best with everything! :heart:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

f*** cancer.
So sorry Betsey. How old is your Mom?

Sending a hug

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
She adds nothing to the broadcasts. When NBC first brought her in it was not good, but I though she just needed some time to settle in and find her feet. Hasn't happened. She's terrible. I get why NBC and now ESPN have gone that route, but they surely could do better.
I have a differing opinion on AJ, I don't like her voice but I feel she does have a decent hockey sense and adds as much as the typically 3rd person perspective in a broadcast

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

f*** cancer.
My heart breaks reading this.

Sending love and a hug.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I have a differing opinion on AJ, I don't like her voice but I feel she does have a decent hockey sense and adds as much as the typically 3rd person perspective in a broadcast
I like AJ, I just don't think she, Boucher, and the PBP guy have any chemistry together. Not sure if that will change with more reps together or what, but last broadcast was a lot of everyone trying to talk over one another.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

f*** cancer.
Definitely thinking of you and your loved ones. My grandpa has had a couple bouts with lung cancer, and in the past year I had one aunt get diagnosed with kidney cancer and another with breast cancer. It's incredibly stressful to see your loved ones go through this even when it's a milder case, I can't image what you guys are going through with how sudden this seemingly reared it's head. Stay strong.

Reactions: sooshii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad