GDT: Game 32: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens 12/11/19 7:30pm EST SN, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How about their play at WJC? Did any of those guys have the success Poehling had? Or how about none of those guys EVER had a NHL game as good as Poehling had in his first?

But it comes down to scouting, and understanding "translatable traits". I know a couple of you jamokes fall in love with long winding wrist shots on tall players, but none of those guys had the combination of actual translatable hockey tools that RP possesses.

Max Pacioretty was the 13th forward on his WJC team.
Cody Hodgson was a tournament all-star team player.
Max Friberg, Habs property, also was.
Damien Brunnstrom had a NHL game as good as Poehling did, in his first game too. Jan Bulis once scored a 4 goal game.

You might wanna go back and tell Timmins about these translatable hockey traits, 'cause one of the players I listed was 3rd overall. Louis Leblanc, was actually described very similarly to Ryan Poehling.. the next Mike Richards, people loved his tools, and traits, and smarts.

Ryan Poehling is a good 25th overall pick who requires a lot of development to get to where he needs to be. His development, is unfortunately, in the hands of people who have a piss poor track record in managing that development. He is not a can't miss prospect, certainly comes in with a track record pretty similar to a Louis Leblanc and way worse than Galchenyuk's.

Frankly, very few players in the world are impervious to bad development. Ryan Poehling is not in that category. Period.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
The Habs could use someone like Knuckles for games against the Sens. Love how Robinson is looking on in the background here. Burt Reynolds double....Harold Snepsts....Remember when fans would chant Harold,Harold for 10 minutes in between periods.I used to laugh at that.

8289b92d_o.jpeg

Henssa17

Oct 9, 2019
Tampere
This is gonna be a tough game. I think it will be fast paced and fun to watch.
Cheers to everyone, thought the game started at 2.00am (Finnish time) but apparently it is 2:30am

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Damien Brunnstrom had a NHL game as good as Poehling did, in his first game too. Jan Bulis once scored a 4 goal game.

You might wanna go back and tell Timmins about these translatable hockey traits, 'cause one of the players I listed was 3rd overall. Louis Leblanc, was actually described very similarly to Ryan Poehling.. the next Mike Richards, people loved his tools, and traits, and smarts.

Ryan Poehling is a good 25th overall pick who requires a lot of development to get to where he needs to be. His development, is unfortunately, in the hands of people who have a piss poor track record in managing that development. He is not a can't miss prospect, certainly comes in with a track record pretty similar to a Louis Leblanc and way worse than Galchenyuk's.

Frankly, very few players in the world are impervious to bad development. Ryan Poehling is not in that category. Period.
I really just don't buy this whole development "ruining" by NHL organizations. Sure, some organizations are better than others, but these are all NHL teams still, and all of these players have a wealth of resources before them to achieve their potential. Of all the busts you listed originally they all proved to have a fatal flaw, and that's what cost them. Poehling is just such a well rounded hockey player, as long as he keeps his nose clean, he's going to be good- I have zero doubts about it.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Damn, thought it started at 7. Was so ready to be bored out of my mind. Now what.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sens Habs ..... Not a chance Bergevin

Not when best two teams in the league are playing one channel over

Bruins Caps

(Halak gets the start).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can't wait to see that Poehling-KK-Suzie Q line everyone deserves once KK is back at it.

No, please no. "Suzie Q" can't possibly be a thing.

It's a worse nickname than Coconut for KK.

Fans ascribing their own nicknames to a player usually results in a cringeworthiness expedition.

Unless the nickname has first been endorsed by W3K. :sarcasm:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
you guys watching tonight's game are troopers. Washington vs Boston offers way better hockey quality :laugh:

Good luck to Primeau, a way more manageable matchup than Colorado

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
No, please no. "Suzie Q" can't possibly be a thing.

It's a worse nickname than Coconut for KK.

Fans ascribing their own nicknames to a player usually results in a cringeworthiness expedition.

Unless the nickname has first been endorsed by W3K. :sarcasm:

Yeah, everyone knows his real nickname is teenage mutant ninja turtles 2: secret of the sooze(uki). Not only is it the only nickname in the league with a colon in it, but it's also the only one so closely tied to a vanilla ice theme song.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

Fabian

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Even though punchable face Pageau always seems to score in every game against the Habs they said on TSN690 earlier that in 20 career games against the Habs he's scored 9 goals. It seems like he's scored way more than that though for some reason.
Does that count the playoffs? He scored a hat trick against the Habs at one point.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
God I can't f***ing stand Brian Burke. The guy is such an idiot and should be doing nothing hockey related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad