GDT: Game 32: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens 12/11/19 7:30pm EST SN, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I posted in last nights PGT that Ben Chiarot has been playing some pretty big minutes lately and as looked pretty good and to me has been a very pleasant surprise this season. Seems Weber likes playing with Chiarot as well with increased offensive stats when paired with him.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just sneak in a Mickey of whiskey and buy yourself a large coke;)

Or if you prefer beer instead of whiskey buy a 12 pack and this beer belly contraption. :)

beer-belly-sneak-booze-full-disclosure.jpg

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I posted in last nights PGT that Ben Chiarot has been playing some pretty big minutes lately and as looked pretty good and to me has been a very pleasant surprise this season. Seems Weber likes playing with Chiarot as well with increased offensive stats when paired with him.

on a team with a young and unproven D, I am not sure pairing two defensively reliable D together is the greatest idea

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
You pour the beer into some sort of plastic bag vest w/ a straw? Not a bad idea, still I think the beer would get warm after the first few!
what is this a carnival cruise ?
wanna get your drink on ? pre-game
during the game, maintenance
after the game. let slip the dogs of war

its a strategy that has served me well

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The difference is Poehling is actually good.

What evidence do you have to support that?

Because McCarron's AHL beginning was a lot better than Poehlings.
Leblanc's beginning to his AHL career was better, even looked pretty good on a shitty team in the NHL that year, too.
Galchenyuk scored more in the NHL at 18, 19, 20 then Poehling did in the NCAA.
Scherbak's AHL first season is actually tracking to be the same as Poehling's PPG.

All of these guys looked pretty good, if not better than Poehling, and pretty much got worse the longer the team had to develop them hands on.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
What evidence do you have to support that?

Because McCarron's AHL beginning was a lot better than Poehlings.
Leblanc's beginning to his AHL career was better, even looked pretty good on a ****ty team in the NHL that year, too.
Galchenyuk scored more in the NHL at 18, 19, 20 then Poehling did in the NCAA.
Scherbak's AHL first season is actually tracking to be the same as Poehling's PPG.

All of these guys looked pretty good, if not better than Poehling, and pretty much got worse the longer the team had to develop them hands on.
The proof will be in the pudding. Poehling is going to be a really good NHLer, and there will be no "development" excuses made for him. Period.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The proof will be in the pudding. Poehling is going to be a really good NHLer, and there will be no "development" excuses made for him. Period.

Ok, so it's no evidence just a pure gut feeling on your behalf.

Poehling has looked better than I originally thought, but by no means is he developmentally immune to the Habs and their history of idiotic moves when it comes to a player's development.

Calling him up, just as he strings together a few good AHL games, playing him bottom line and out of his natural position. I mean, that's basically the Leblanc, DLR, McCarron playbook.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I've liked the Chiarot acquisition since the start of the season. But lately, he's been real good for the Habs.

Reactions: Hansman

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Ok, so it's no evidence just a pure gut feeling on your behalf.

Poehling has looked better than I originally thought, but by no means is he developmentally immune to the Habs and their history of idiotic moves when it comes to a player's development.

Calling him up, just as he strings together a few good AHL games, playing him bottom line and out of his natural position. I mean, that's basically the Leblanc, DLR, McCarron playbook.
How about their play at WJC? Did any of those guys have the success Poehling had? Or how about none of those guys EVER had a NHL game as good as Poehling had in his first?

But it comes down to scouting, and understanding "translatable traits". I know a couple of you jamokes fall in love with long winding wrist shots on tall players, but none of those guys had the combination of actual translatable hockey tools that RP possesses.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Even though punchable face Pageau always seems to score in every game against the Habs they said on TSN690 earlier that in 20 career games against the Habs he's scored 9 goals. It seems like he's scored way more than that though for some reason.

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad