GDT: Game 32: Flames @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It took us 18 and a half minutes to get our first shot on goal in the second period.

Mike Smith is going to get us another loser point or an undeserved win, and I'm going to have to hear about what a great job Tippett did outcoaching the Flames, and that I know nothing about hockey because the shots weren't quality shots so I failed to see the genius happening in front of me.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yandle sat too. Took him 2+ seasons bouncing between the ahl and NHL to become a regular.

Keith Yandle would have never made the NHL under DT to begin with. Your response is essentially "dear leader knows best", which is not exactly the most convincing argument.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Keith Yandle would have never made the NHL under DT to begin with. Your response is essentially "dear leader knows best", which is not exactly the most convincing argument.

No, essentially my response is:

you guys believe rookie DeAngelo = 2nd coming of Yandle. Yandle sat too. He's on Yandle trajectory. Not the end of the world he sits.

I wouldn't sit him over Schenn. You know how I feel about Schenn and Goligoski.

Not end of world that DeAngelo is sitting until we move Stone.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Yandle had 7 points in 43 games during his rookie year, while DeAngelo already has 9 points in 16 games, while being stronger defensively compared to rookie Keith.

A lot still has to be written, but the comparison is actually a bad one, because rookie DeAngelo is performing BETTER than Yandle did during his first year in the league, thus making his lack of playing time, all the more inexplicable.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I believe with these two points, Dvo now has the highest ppg of our current centers.

Good thing he's gotten 7min tonight

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
No, essentially my response is:

you guys believe rookie DeAngelo = 2nd coming of Yandle. Yandle sat too. He's on Yandle trajectory. Not the end of the world he sits.

Yandle was a deeply flawed player his first few years. He was fortunate enough to play for a coach that loved the offensive instincts over everything else. Now that we have the opposite situation coach, a much better rookie that is at times the only reason the Coyotes have offensive pressure is sitting.

Is this a meritocracy? DeAngelo shouldn't be sitting
Is this a development year? DeAngelo shouldn't be sitting

Same thing for Perlini, who brings much needed skill, size, and speed to the lineup.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
_Del_ said:
People are hard on dmen.*Yandle*terrified me in his first pro-season. I generally hate every rookie defenseman that enters the league. No really. Almost every one of them scares me when they are on the ice. OEL was a very rare exception. I would be to dmen what Dave Tippett is to forwards. I would never play the rookies.
Noone remembers the angst over Yandle's growing pains.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/sh...6&postcount=46

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/sh...9&postcount=36

And I won't embarrass anyone else by quoting anyone other than me, but there were lots of posts in a different thread about the 22 year old*Yandle*not looking like an NHL player.

Sadly, they purged the old posts, but I found this one from 2012. He was awful. No comparison.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Jody Jackson: "We'll never know what might have been had it been more of an even strength game". You're going to blame it on the "hot powerplay"?

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Game was competitive. Outcome was the only negative. Tale of two periods 1st and 2nd. Team was chippy. Smith and white played mad. Crouse on top line made Vrbata suck air all night and skate more than I've seen him in long time. Dvorak had points. Also turnovers. He's learning fellas.

Nothing is going as poorly or as negative as you guys think it is. For the team as whole, or any individual player. We figured we'd be a bottom 5 team this year. We are. We have youth breaking into roster. Growing pains.

Positivity :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad