Post-Game Talk: GAME 32 - Bruins are in a Yule Fog - Wild 3 BRUINS 2

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Monty gets A plus so far to having team in first place before Christmas. Absolutely stunning. I had them 3rd or something. Unreal. I'm backing Monty now. Excellent coaching so far just needs to solve late minute goal collapses and we good . Relax everyone and enjoy your Turkey we looking good so far.

Reactions: bobber

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The Bruins seem to want to reload every year. It 's not an easy thing to keep going unless you can bump up the skill level using the draft. IMO they seem to go out in left field at the drafts sometimes and by pass players that are highly ranked on different scouting reports. I watched Poitras play many times against the Kitchener Rangers and love the fact they picked him up. Also Edwards from the London Knights. Edwards is not going to put up a bunch of points but he plays a solid physical game. Coached by Dale Hunter he should turn out to be a solid rugged stay at home type Dman if he makes pro down the road.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I still say St.Louis was a must ,pretty sure every Bruins player on that roster said we should have won probably still saying that.Hey just my opinion we don’t have to agree.

One would have to consider that all 4 division leaders (including a 128 point Tampa team) lost in the opening round in 2019. In that respect, perhaps its true the Bruins should have won.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
One would have to consider that all 4 division leaders (including a 128 point Tampa team) lost in the opening round in 2019. In that respect, perhaps its true the Bruins should have won.
Just get into dance and anything can happen . Still want 1st place though.

The Bruins seem to want to reload every year. It 's not an easy thing to keep going unless you can bump up the skill level using the draft. IMO they seem to go out in left field at the drafts sometimes and by pass players that are highly ranked on different scouting reports. I watched Poitras play many times against the Kitchener Rangers and love the fact they picked him up. Also Edwards from the London Knights. Edwards is not going to put up a bunch of points but he plays a solid physical game. Coached by Dale Hunter he should turn out to be a solid rugged stay at home type Dman if he make pro down the road.
Lohrei looking like a gem too. Future looks bright.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He’s on pace for 53 points this year. Even if he slows down a bit and let’s say hits 40-45. You don’t think that’s worth $1m to see if he can come close to that next year?
Still want to wait and see, yes. No rush to re-sign him, or to even really think about it. Besides that, if he does hit 40+ points do you think he’ll take a $1m deal? This was a weird year because of the almost league-wide cap crunch.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Just get into dance and anything can happen . Still want 1st place though.

Lohrei looking like a gem too. Future looks bright.
I'm with you. I would actually lock up both Swayman and Ullmark next summer, import Merkulov and Lysell and sign Hanifin and a center. Team might not be the 14-1-3 team but they also are not this bad.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I'm with you. I would actually lock up both Swayman and Ullmark next summer, import Merkulov and Lysell and sign Hanifin and a center. Team might not be the 14-1-3 team but they also are not this bad.
They just in a rut this happens to teams it they win the next 2 we back in business. They dont need to have that insane winning pace like they last year. That was ridiculous. Never will forget though.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
This team has fallen down to the earth.

Pasta is getting Krejci treatment having to play with Heinen on the same line.
Neither Zacha nor Coyle are good enough for a top line center resp. 2nd line center position. They are inconsistent in generating offense night in and night out.
Zacha with 2A in last 5 games, Coyle with no points in last 5 games.
Each should be a line lower.
Besides Pasta and aging Marchand there is not a true top 6 skill level winger on the roster, just an endless list of role players randomly spread across the lines.

Defense is the real trouble with this team. We have seen it in the Panthers series when the game got more physical they all fell apart.
A good D-man should be physical, mobile and skilled.

McAvoy has to be the biggest disappointment. Pairing him with Gryz has made him worse than he was 3 years ago. He was supposed to be the alpha dog but his game has regressed. He should be hitting his prime at 26. He got abused in the Panthers series, not good in the Hurricanes or Islanders series in the previous years either.

Lindholm is becoming Lindholm of Ducks. Soft, uninspired and useless.

Carlo, playing soft is not a good sign in the regular season.

Forbort, is good for PK otherwise useless.

The rest of D-men either have no skill or size or both.
great post. i agree.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Did Lauko get hurt during fight? Only had 7 shifts in game.
Monty uses the 4th line sparingly, especially when they are behind, or need to hold a lead. He did go down the tunnel for repairs after the fight, but then was back in the box. It’s not unusual to see those guys log 7 or 8 minutes.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Monty uses the 4th line sparingly, especially when they are behind, or need to hold a lead. He did go down the tunnel for repairs after the fight, but then was back in the box. It’s not unusual to see those guys log 7 or 8 minutes.
It’s the only line that hits so naturally they can’t play them too much

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I am not sure they have the resources required to add at deadline.
Besides lack of resources, it would be stupid to add to a team that is this far from the summit. It would require so many additions and parting with assets, that would put the Bruins so far in debt that they would become insolvent .

Let's take the pill this year, they should be sellers not buyers.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Let's take it one step further and look at the month of December thus far.....

Pastrnak - 7
Marchand - 6
Geekie - 3
Frederic - 2
Shattenkirk- 2
Heinen - 1
Coyle - 1
JVR - 1
Carlo - 1
Lohrei - 1

52% of the Bruins goals have come from Pastrnak or Marchand in December.

Thanks for posting that.
Kind of eye opening.
Kind of sad.
Guys who contribute a few games then disappear or guys who are just plain passengers on this team.
This season is heading towards what we thought this team was at the beginning of the year...a Wildcard contender.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Don, no wasting what little draft capital the Bruins still have on another el cheapo bandaid. Better to suffer through whatever is going to happen this season and move forward next year with cap space and a new plan. And JvR has sucked lately- invisible man out there.
Fair enough but but he's far from the only one and dollar for dollar far from the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook and Gordoff

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Besides lack of resources, it would be stupid to add to a team that is this far from the summit. It would require so many additions and parting with assets, that would put the Bruins so far in debt that they would become insolvent .

Let's take the pill this year, they should be sellers not buyers.
Like most teams and they are playoff bound they likeky wont sell. Or buy anything significant.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Like most teams and they are playoff bound they likeky wont sell. Or buy anything significant.
Even if they do make the playoffs, with this crew and coaching I can't see much in the way of a first round exit. The only thing that's changed since last year is that they're a half dozen real contending players short.
I hope that they shop JDB (sorry Mionne) and not hold on to him for the duration only to have him leave (for nothing) to go home to Western Canada. He's far from their only problem but they need to start cashing in on some of these jags and getting back some first round picks. Edmonton would probably love him for a run, and at the TDL prices can be ridiculously high so I say take the Oil for all you can. We have a few needs to restock and this will be the offseason to set the future in motion.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Even if they do make the playoffs, with this crew and coaching I can't see much in the way of a first round exit. The only thing that's changed since last year is that they're a half dozen real contending players short.
I hope that they shop JDB (sorry Mionne) and not hold on to him for the duration only to have him leave (for nothing) to go home to Western Canada. He's far from their only problem but they need to start cashing in on some of these jags and getting back some first round picks. Edmonton would probably love him for a run, and at the TDL prices can be ridiculously high so I say take the Oil for all you can. We have a few needs to restock and this will be the offseason to set the future in motion.
Only playoff hope is our goaltending. They could win a round

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Fair enough but but he's far from the only one and dollar for dollar dar from the problem.

No doubt, as I said in a later post, he was mentioned specifically, so I commented on him, but I do not think he is a primary reason for the poor play. He is just there most of the time lately after a good start. But he was never supposed to be a primary go to guy, I don't think.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad