GDT: Game 32: Avs @ Hawks | Tuesday, December 15th, 6:30pm MT (NBCSN) | Beat the Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Great win, a very good performance. The 9 line was great and Varly made the saves when needed. Hopefully Beauchemin is going to be OK.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Does any player in the NHL run more interference than Jonathan Toews?

Fantastic hockey player and I suppose his exceptionally high hockey IQ is on display with every single interference play. Any time there is a loose puck, Toews does a little half-second hook, trip, grab of the arm, whatever to slow the opponent's first step down and then he beats them to the puck. It's evident in every shift of his. Nothing new, been part of his game for a long time, but got me mad as hell when it wasn't called about three times in one shift last night. The 9s line was dominating them down low, loose puck goes to the corner, Landy has the jump on him, but he does a little slash on the leg far away from the puck and eyesight of the ref, and then wins the race. He does it so subtly that it almost never gets called, but it's absolutely interference. Hossa does it a bit, too, but nothing like Toews. He does it when he loses a faceoff, when he's going to a loose puck, when he's back-checking, basically all the time.

Hey, super smart of him and he's figured out a way to get away with it his entire career, but damnit it's frustrating to watch from the opposition perspective.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
From the rafters of the united Center EJ really stood out, along with the nine line and Varly

The 9 line should be called the full house (three 9s two 2s)

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
If anyone can explain the DOPS decisions without including any team-bias they might have I'd like to hear it.

Cause how Landy gets something that wasn't initial contact to the head and Shaw gets nothing for principal and initial contact to the head + an upward traj without hitting anything else than head I don't know.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I know everyone thinks the league hates their team but seriously isn't this getting absurd?

I just hate the inconsistency and the fact that whether or not there is a serious injury is pretty much the main basis for the suspension.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't like that either but I can at least see why they choose to go that direction. Doesn't explain the Landy suspension though.

Landy's history is what that was about. He had apparently been warned that he was close many times before. Basically giving him something more extreme to show they were finally serious. Still a BS suspension IMO.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
I was fine with Barrie and Landeskog getting suspended for their hits, they were reckless. But Barrie's should have been shorter and Shaw's should have probably been a game.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Barrie's was fine, a little long for someone with no history but I get it. Landy's was stupid, there was clearly no injury and if there was any intent there he could have clocked him good. I still don't think he even hit his head. He should never have been suspended.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So what are the odds that Roy gets fined for comments about NHL Player Safety at some point this season? It is obvious he is getting more and more riled up about it... only a matter of time before he says something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad