Post-Game Talk: GAME 32 - 20 Home Game = 38 Points - BRUINS 3 Winterpeg 2 F

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Maybe it's simply revisionist memory, but I honestly can't remember a Bruins team where I've had the feeling that any line can score a goal on any shift as much as this year.

I mean in August, if I said that Foligno would score a GWG with 9 minutes left in the third at any point in the season, I think people would have thought I was crazy.

And he's not alone -- not sure about GWG's but if my memory serves, they've gotten important goals from at least 12 (maybe 15) guys already this season.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
https://epaper.bostonglobe.com/get_image.aspx?w=280&eid=8645795d-ce04-4dc6-a4c7-3fd480536245&pnum=19&lm=63807381135787

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Need to address the slow starts - I get that they're in the dog days of the season and know they can turn it on late to beat most teams in the league but it's a growing trend with this club and has become a habit of late.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I will do a GDT but it will be pretty simple. Monty mentioned wanting to get Zboril and Greer in but with no morning skate I have no idea while the lines/pairs will look like so its going to be a guess.

I also want to see if I can get at least a dozen molasses cookies baked.

aguineapig

Maybe it's simply revisionist memory, but I honestly can't remember a Bruins team where I've had the feeling that any line can score a goal on any shift as much as this year.

These guys could beat you on the scoreboard as well as in the alley. If they could have somehow found a way to beat those hated Habs they would have been as legendary as the Bobby, Big Bad Bruin teams.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I will do a GDT but it will be pretty simple. Monty mentioned wanting to get Zboril and Greer in but with no morning skate I have no idea while the lines/pairs will look like so its going to be a guess.

Weaker teams are where Greer and Zboril should be inserted. He had an opportunity vs Columbus, but passed.

It really must be exhausting for other teams to play Boston.
Boston has 2 first lines, a third line as good as a lot of 2nd lines, and a very very good 4th line.
There is no let up, wave after wave of quality players.
If Smith can get back into form, and is on the 4th line wow.
Just wish they had a D'man that could move the puck and intimidate opposing forwards, make them think twice about the
corner. Someone like Miller/McQuaid but with ability to move the puck a bit more than they could.

Reactions: BMC and Kegs

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Weaker teams are where it should be done. He had an opportunity vs Columbus, but passed.

Boston has 2 first lines, a third line as good as a lot of 2nd lines, and a very very good 4th line.
Just wish they had a D'man that could move the puck and intimidate opposing forwards, make them think twice about the
corner. Someone like Miller/McQuaid but with ability to move the puck a bit more than they could.
I think it is a good time as I would imagine the Winter Classic prep will start and they'll use the 3 games against Ottawa, Devils and Buffalo to fine tune things.

I expect Linus to start tonight and then either Ottawa or NJ and then get Buffalo on NYE.

We have such a luxury to be able to rest a few guys at Christmas. I will temper my expectations about tonight. I want a win but won't be surprised if they lose a tight one.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

These guys could beat you on the scoreboard as well as in the alley. If they could have somehow found a way to beat those hated Habs they would have been as legendary as the Bobby, Big Bad Bruin teams.
All they needed was the 79 semi win over Montreal and they would have rolled the rangers. I loved that team as much as the Orr/Esposito teams.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah -- I vaguely remember watching the game where someone scored their 20th --- Schmautz or Bobby Miller?

That was crazy, obviously -- even for then.

Looking at this team they could possibly have 10 or 11 guys who score 10+ --- not sure how big a deal that is, based on the times but what they've done so far regarding balance is pretty impressive.

Reactions: BMC and aguineapig

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Yeah -- I vaguely remember watching the game where someone scored their 20th --- Schmautz or Bobby Miller?

That was crazy, obviously -- even for then.

Looking at this team they could possibly have 10 or 11 guys who score 10+ --- not sure how big a deal that is, based on the times but what they've done so far regarding balance is pretty impressive.
Bobby Miller.
I want to say it was an empty netter, but not sure.
The current B's have the forwards for it, but no D'man will be close.

aguineapig

Bobby Miller.
I want to say it was an empty netter, but not sure.
The current B's have the forwards for it, but no D'man will be close.
Miller gave the Bruins their 11th 20-goal scorer by scoring into an empty net at Toronto in the next-to-last game of the season after coach Roger Neilson pulled the goaltender with the puck in his own zone.

Reactions: sarge88

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
We lost power about an hour ago. I love my generator.

My daughter landed safely at Logan and is on the airport shuttle to my house. I usually pick her up but am baking.

It is VERY warm here in Southern NH.
Little bit farther up in Rochester, and it is warm but feel like I am living in a wind tunnel. Dogs, cats and wife were all on the bed by 3 wondering what was going on

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
After the way they started out in this one got to tell I really figured they were dead in this one ,but man they keep finding ways to win.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Miller gave the Bruins their 11th 20-goal scorer by scoring into an empty net at Toronto in the next-to-last game of the season after coach Roger Neilson pulled the goaltender with the puck in his own zone.
Wow - didn’t remember that

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour

2 t ground ginger

2 t ground cinnamon

½ t cloves

2 t baking soda

¼ t allspice

½ t salt

3/4 cup butter flavor Crisco

1 C brown sugar

1 egg

¼ cup molasses​

Preheat oven to 375

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and salt. Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat Crisco and sugar until incorporated. Then beat on medium high for 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl halfway through, until mixture is somewhat light and fluffy.

Add egg and molasses and beat on low -medium until incorporated.

Add dry ingredients and beat on medium until incorporated

Roll into 1 ½ “ balls, then roll in small bowl of sugar.

Place 2” apart on cookie sheet, bake 8 minutes

Reactions: Gee Wally

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Weaker teams are where Greer and Zboril should be inserted. He had an opportunity vs Columbus, but passed.

great post, like a bit of true nasty on the back end who can also play but not a ton of those players around any longer

4 line depth, where every line can do damage and do so in different ways. This team is far from perfect but man are they fun to watch and not just because they typically snag 2 pts nightly but the style Monty has them playing is entertaining.

Who woulda thunk playing an up tempo game while on ice would be fun to watch? :sarcasm:

B`s went down by 2 last night, said to my son, "they got this" and yep, lucky bounce brought them back into the game but doesn`t matter, the boys found a way, good teams don`t, great teams do

Reactions: sooshii

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad