Post-Game Talk: GAME 32 - 20 Home Game = 38 Points - BRUINS 3 Winterpeg 2 F

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Brandon Carlo ladies & gentlemen. What a player. Would have been so sweet if that beauty shot would have slipped past Hellebuck’s (sorry for spelling) glove.

Also what faceoff % did Bergie finish the night with? 2/3 through the game he was at 78%!!

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
When it was 2-nil early on, I kept thinking "no problem", such is the NHL nowadays. Nice win, they caught a break, the B's tilted the ice so much in the central part of the game that I practically forgot the game was still tied. Great winner for Fliggy. Whodathunk that a late December Bruins-Devils matchup would deserve some hype, see you at Buff's.

1671772112057.png

Last edited:

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Looking ahead to tomorrow night...
  • The Devils have only a .583 Points % at home so far this season and are only 3-5-2 in their last ten games overall.
  • A rested Linus Ullmark who is a career 3-1 with a 2.01 GAA and a .933 Sv% in New Jersey will get the start.
  • The Bruins are 7-1-3 in their last eleven games played in New Jersey. In those eleven games, the Bruins have only allowed 2 goals on the PK, while scoring 3 shorthanded goals themselves.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Anyone else screen go half dark on the post game? Or is it my TV or fubo
I've been watching on the Xfinity stream app this season and there's always glitches, freezes, audio going out of sync. I think it's the app for me, but I don't have a way to test that variable to see if it's actually NESN.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
that was a 2021 islanders playoffs bounce for the first goal by 88, but i'll take it. great fight to come back and get the W in regulation, what a group

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Pastrnak's icebreaker goal was trickier than it looked. Sure, it came off a fortunate bounce, but Hellebuyck was actually back in net. If that shot was more to the middle, it's probably stopped. But that's a pure goalscorer for you.

Props to the Bruins for adjusting. They realized they needed to get pucks deep, behind the D of Bowness' Jets; and that's what created the fortunate bounce.

Montgomery may rotate Greer back in, but Smith seems to finally be healthy and finding his game, despite limited minutes.

I really appreciate both Clifton and Forbort; but together in their own end creates some nervous moments.

Lindholm on PP1 is great. His lateral movement to the center/umbrella opens up so many options, and opponents are having difficulty defending. Just hope McAvoy isn't a little peeved, being the competitor he is.

And nice to see Kuhlman on the scoresheet. Hope he finds success with the Jets.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am in awe of this team, they never give up. I love Uncle Nick, I love what most of them are saying and how the coach is giving so much credit to the leaders between periods. I love, love, love this team. They dominated once they decided it was time to push back. It is amazing to watch, almost like they just decide to start playing hard and then steamroll through.

The Jets feed was very annoying, complaining about penalties and uncalled penalties against the Jets, carrying on over and over about the lucky bounce. They just couldn't move on from it, like no other team has ever had a lucky bounce. I am glad we get NESN most of the time and am hoping it will be them tonight. Have I mentioned how much I hate SportsNet Now, TSN and Canadian commentators in general? :laugh:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Looking ahead to tomorrow night...
  • The Devils have only a .583 Points % at home so far this season and are only 3-5-2 in their last ten games overall.
  • A rested Linus Ullmark who is a career 3-1 with a 2.01 GAA and a .933 Sv% in New Jersey will get the start.
  • The Bruins are 7-1-3 in their last eleven games played in New Jersey. In those eleven games, the Bruins have only allowed 2 goals on the PK, while scoring 3 shorthanded goals themselves.
Has anyone mentioned how weird it is that we're facing the Devils twice in three games, both at the back end of back-to-backs, and both against a rested Devils team? No excuses, obviously, but wondering how common that sort of scheduling is…

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The slow starts are getting a bit alarming.

They look bored at times.
We won’t know what the verdict is with this team until May.

They had a high powered offense and rolled teams in 08/09 and it was absolutely stunning when Carolina punched them in the gut in round 2.

JayMark

Jul 13, 2022
Has anyone mentioned how weird it is that we're facing the Devils twice in three games, both at the back end of back-to-backs, and both against a rested Devils team? No excuses, obviously, but wondering how common that sort of scheduling is…
In the past it seemed like we always had that schedule vs the Leafs.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
As someone who lives an hour train ride from Prudential center and hasn't seen the Bruins in person since David Pasternak's first goal in Philly in 2015 I approve of this schedule.

Reactions: sooshii

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
When it was 2-nil early on, I kept thinking "no problem", such is the NHL nowadays. Nice win, they caught a break, the B's tilted the ice so much in the central part of the game that I practically forgot the game was still tied. Great winner for Fliggy. Whodathunk that a late December Bruins-Devils matchup would deserve some hype, see you at Buff's.

View attachment 625695
You know what is so nice about this?^ Linus is Sway's biggest fan and is always so happy for him.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

They had a high powered offense and rolled teams in 08/09 and it was absolutely stunning when Carolina punched them in the gut in round 2.
thats what im worried about.
09 team even had a better record at this point.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Teams come in determined to put that first lose on the Bruins and play a period of playoff hockey
Brick asked the best question of Montgomery
“Do you think some of the veterans can simplify their entry into the offensive zone?”
I am paraphrasing here
But sounded like can Hall and Marchand dump it in and chase it down when the opponent is standing up at the blue line

I’m beyond words, definitely thought they had dead legs in the first and couldn’t possibly gear up to execute another comeback win:oops:
Everyone turned up the volume, Sway looked solid and even spectacular late in the game. Another home W earns some more blurry pix. We’re View attachment 625619View attachment 625620View attachment 625622View attachment 625623View attachment 625624View attachment 625625 on to New Jersey:towel::vhappy:

Please carry on, still working :laugh:
Keep the picts coming look forward to them the next morning

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Does anyone know the verdict of any good team until May?

Reactions: 13Hockey

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Love Cliffy but has he been on ice for last 5 gioals vs Winnipeg & Panthers ?

Seems it

Craig Smith had a heck of a game

Big fan of Foligno & Smith as wingers on the Waiver Line

Reactions: Aeroforce and Kegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad