Post-Game Talk: GAME 31 - WINNING UGLY - BRUINS 7 Sunrise Kittens 3

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Unequivocally the most dominant defensive forward in NHL history. His ability to completely neutralize the best forwards in the NHL without sacrificing his offense is ridiculous.
Prime time, not sure on the bold part...

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Forget about that stuff for now. Out of the six Bruins defenseman, from last game, where do you rate Grzelcyk?

Just from Monday? I'd have him fourth behind Lindholm, McAvoy and Carlo in that order.

Forbort and Clifton both got completely caved in and Forbort was easily the worst player on the team on Monday.

For the year, I'd slot him in similarly. Carlo is having a great year defensively but I love Gryz's 5v5 play and his entry defense, controlled exits and puck retrieval skills a alot.

Reactions: frankiess

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Just from Monday? I'd have him fourth behind Lindholm, McAvoy and Carlo in that order.

Forbort and Clifton both got completely caved in and Forbort was easily the worst player on the team on Monday.

For the year, I'd slot him in similarly. Carlo is having a great year defensively but I love Gryz's 5v5 play and his entry defense, controlled exits and puck retrieval skills a alot.
my eye test had lindy carlo mcavoy clifton gryz forbort in that order from monday.
carlo was easy better than mcavoy in my eyes. lindy and carlo were way above the other 4.
ullmark saved the other 4 Ds bacon the other day on alot of occasions.
i actually thought grtz clifton and forbort were all pretty bad. clifton had 2 points though so i think he gets the nod over gryz and forbort.
which brings me to my next beef.
clifton should be paired with lindolm.
pairing him with forbort is a disaster. i think carlo would be a better fit with forbort. carlo is much better defensively.

Reactions: Gordoff

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
my eye test had lindy carlo mcavoy clifton gryz forbort in that order from monday.
carlo was easy better than mcavoy in my eyes. lindy and carlo were way above the other 4.
ullmark saved the other 4 Ds bacon the other day on alot of occasions.
i actually thought grtz clifton and forbort were all pretty bad. clifton had 2 points though so i think he gets the nod over gryz and forbort.
which brings me to my next beef.
clifton should be paired with lindolm.
pairing him with forbort is a disaster. i think carlo would be a better fit with forbort. carlo is much better defensively.

Clifton had 27 shot attempts against and only 14 for when he was on the ice. He had a goal and and apple so that certainly mitigates some of that, but he was dreadful in his own end.

In the end, looking at one game tells you very little. There's a very clear hierarchy on this team.

Chuck
Lindholm

Gryz
Carlo

Clifton

Forbort

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad