Post-Game Talk: GAME 31 - WINNING UGLY - BRUINS 7 Sunrise Kittens 3

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I am not about to get into a large debate on his play . I will simply say there are some gaping flaws to his game. He does some other things well. Calling Gryz the whipping boy I strongly disagree with. When an NHL coach would prefer two forwards and one D in a 4 on 3 PK as to sending Gryz out there??? Speaks volumes . I fell calling Gryz a very sheltered player is a fair statement .

They went 2 forwards/1 Dman because they had a dman coming out of the box seconds after the faceoff. They didn't want to go 1 forward/3 dmen out on the ice.

But let's for a second roll with this idea of yours: Using your logic, that wouldn't be an indictment on just Grz, because there's more than just 1 defenseman on the team. Does that speak volumes about the other D as well? Can you see how dumb this opinion of yours is? You're letting your Grz hate blind you.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
They went 2 forwards/1 Dman because they had a dman coming out of the box seconds after the faceoff. They didn't want to go 1 forward/3 dmen out on the ice.

But let's for a second roll with this idea of yours: Using your logic, that wouldn't be an indictment on just Grz, because there's more than just 1 defenseman on the team. Does that speak volumes about the other D as well? Can you see how dumb this opinion of yours is? You're letting your Grz hate blind you.

No but but I can see how dumb your opinion is if you want to create a name calling situation. Check how much time Gryz spends killing Penalties per game . One dman stayed on the ice for the full 2 mins and the second for most of the 2mins only to be replaced by a forward. Except that Gryz has limited capabilities and has to be sheltered . If not he gets exposed . . It is not my eyes that need to be opened

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019

Who are the defensemen that get used on the powerplay on a regular basis?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
No but but I can see how dumb your opinion is if you want to create a name calling situation. Check how much time Gryz spends killing Penalties per game . One dman stayed on the ice for the full 2 mins and the second for most of the 2mins only to be replaced by a forward. Except that Gryz has limited capabilities and has to be sheltered . If not he gets exposed . . It is not my eyes that need to be opened

Do you not understand why signalling just Grz out for the Bruins going with two forwards on an expiring 4-3 penalty kill is a bad take when there was a dman coming out of the box? It had nothing to do with Grz as a dman, it had everything to do with having 2 forwards/2 dmen out on the ice once play resumed instead of having 1 forward/3 dmen. 80 percent of your posts find some way to complain about Grz or talk about trading him.

Reactions: MarchysNoseKnows

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I saw your Moody Blues reference in the GDT. It was closed before I could reply. I imagine it left a few readers wondering what the heck.
Got to see the Moodies 3 times in concert. OMG, they were so awesome. That mellotron, played by Mike Pender, simply filled the auditorium.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Wait, isn't 48 Gryz ?
He was hammered in the GDT, by many, for coughing the puck up in the D zone all night long.
Amazing how one fan see's black, and another fan sees white.
They must have meant 28, who was on the ice for all 3 goals in 3 consecutive of his shifts, was on the ice for TWENTY ONE shot attempts against at even strength and has been on the ice for 8 of the last 11 goals surrendered.

he's 6'4 though

Reactions: 13Hockey and hrdpuk

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They must have meant 28, who was on the ice for all 3 goals in 3 consecutive of his shifts, was on the ice for TWENTY ONE shot attempts against at even strength and has been on the ice for 8 of the last 11 goals surrendered.

he's 6'4 though
321F0BCF-4C12-4B4C-AB87-8762E262E09D.gif

Reactions: burstnbloom

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005

he's 6'4 though
My wife was minus 3 for the game as well. I've always said that she was a Broons jinx. I DVR'd the game and watched it this morning when I got up. It was 4-0 when she emerged from our bedroom ready for her walk with her BFF. Florida promptly scored 3 goals and I reminded her of the jinx. Shortly after she left, da Broons scored to make it 5-3. After I finished the game, I texted her: With Lisa in the room Florida 3-0; with Lisa out of the room, Boston 7-0.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky

he's 6'4 though
Who was on the ice with him for those 3 goals?

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Do you not understand why signalling just Grz out for the Bruins going with two forwards on an expiring 4-3 penalty kill is a bad take when there was a dman coming out of the box? It had nothing to do with Grz as a dman, it had everything to do with having 2 forwards/2 dmen out on the ice once play resumed instead of having 1 forward/3 dmen. 80 percent of your posts find some way to complain about Grz or talk about trading him.
I am impressed that you have gone through over 2600 post to determine that 80% of mine are negative towards Gryz. As a Bruin fan that would like to see ,the Bruins win another cup. I will always look at options that I feel could help in that quest,. An improvement on D for the playoffs would certainly help. I have no problem saying. Gryz is not a player I am confident in having in the top 4 and hopping to win 16 playoff games

Reactions: frankiess

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1