GDT: Game #31: Senators @ Coyotes | The Power Outage Edition | 7:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Incorrect. Arizona. More wins, better point percentage and better goal differential.

The Yotes are in a wildcard spot. The sens are in last place.

As for turmoil, since Ottawa acquired Chychrun they’ve been sold, sanctioned by the league, fired their GM, fired their coach, and continue to have arena drama.
Are you including last year?

I can almost guarantee you if you got Chych alone in conversation he would admit that he wishes he could take back his decision, knowing what he knows now. Maybe poor foresight on his part, or just bad luck…maybe a little combination of both.
I think he is happy in Ottawa.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
To protect Cooley this year while he builds up both strength and confidence. O’B prevents other teams from pounding Cooley into a paste along the Schwartz Vision adverts.
Nobody in the NHL is avoiding hitting Coooley because O'Brien is on the ice.

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
We outplayed ‘em at least 90% of the game and the frustration turned to joy. I knew they had it in ‘em, but certainly didn’t know if it was going to happen. Korpisalo was on!

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
So we moved up from almost a dork owner to an asshat???

BTW that asshat looked pretty happy post game and acknowledged the fans.
I know, just now watched it. I record all the games and then either watch again, when I get home, or the next day or so. Had to get up early this am, so just watched. AM was great! I'm certain the raucous crowd reaffirmed his belief in this fanbase, either way, who wouldn't be fired up after that game!

Unfortunately, the buck does indeed stop with him, but it's the group that are the asshats. I've always been okay with him, sadly he can't do it all himself.

Reactions: TheLegend

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I know, just now watched it. I record all the games and then either watch again, when I get home, or the next day or so. Had to get up early this am, so just watched. AM was great! I'm certain the raucous crowd reaffirmed his belief in this fanbase, either way, who wouldn't be fired up after that game!

Unfortunately, the buck does indeed stop with him, but it's the group that are the asshats. I've always been okay with him, sadly he can't do it all himself.
That’s kinda where I am. I think meruelo himself is probably fine. Like, you don’t get to his point in life by accident. It’s some of the people around him I’m unsure of, the Meruelo group. His son, who we’ve never heard from but is always there and probably has some sort of influence. And, of course XG, who I am still mixed on. I don’t think he deserves all the flack for Tempe, but he’s definitely got his flaws

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
That’s kinda where I am. I think meruelo himself is probably fine. Like, you don’t get to his point in life by accident. It’s some of the people around him I’m unsure of, the Meruelo group. His son, who we’ve never heard from but is always there and probably has some sort of influence. And, of course XG, who I am still mixed on. I don’t think he deserves all the flack for Tempe, but he’s definitely got his flaws
XG brokered his deal to buy the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno.

So if y’all wondered why he was brought in to get the Arena/ED done this is one reason.

Little known fact is it was Ahron Cohen who lead the initial discussions with Tempe. But Cohen was a rookie at it and hadn’t got very far with it. XG had already done several multi-million dollar deals for Meruelo and had his trust. Not too surprising that Meruelo would want someone with experience to close a 2 billion dollar deal.

Reactions: Jakey53

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
I can almost guarantee you if you got Chych alone in conversation he would admit that he wishes he could take back his decision, knowing what he knows now. Maybe poor foresight on his part, or just bad luck…maybe a little combination of both.
He's probably used to it taking multiple seasons for his team to turn it around. Ottawa should be better than they are and I'm sure he and the rest of his team know it. They do have a good core to build around and seemingly could get it together sooner than the Coyotes.

Coyotes might not make it as fast barring this season, but they are aiming to be massively overloaded on prospects to build us a long-term contender.

Reactions: Howling Overseas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad