GDT: GAME #31 - Saving Pvt. Hansen ("Reach the Beach") - Canucks @ Kings - 1:00 p.m., SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I don't believe this pairing has received enough negative attention yet

my reaction

Trevorbarfs.gif

LolClarkson*

I would love to see a win, but I don't know that it's going to be possible, LA's good and I don't think we've iced a full NHL roster all season.

AV is usually good at pulling rabbits out of hats in these situations.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
AV is usually good at pulling rabbits out of hats in these situations.

How can that be, he's such a **** coach that can't motivate players or put them in positions to succeed with absolutely no system play OR ability to adjust to oppositions tactics???

:yo::naughty:;)

Big test for the team, need more unsung heroes to step up. Tanev, Schroeder last game... Alberts, Gordon, Sestito, Lappy... who's up?

Canucks squeek it out.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
LA's good and I don't think we've iced a full NHL roster all season.

We have, actually. Chicago #2. Kesler's foot was broken by this point though.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Volpatti
Weise

Hamhuis - Edler
Garrison - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
We have, actually. Chicago #2. Kesler's foot was broken by this point though.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Volpatti
Weise

Hamhuis - Edler
Garrison - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev

Schneider
Luongo
Man it would have been great to see this lineup gel. What a shame.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
On a side note... Yzerman has to do something doesn't he? Team is in a freefall, down 4-0 at the end of the 1st period vs only 15 shots with one goalie pulled and an unknown back-up in. You HAVE to think Luongo's price has gone down a bit...

I think tomorrows game (if Lou plays) could be his last in a Canuck uni.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
On a side note... Yzerman has to do something doesn't he? Team is in a freefall, down 4-0 at the end of the 1st period vs only 15 shots with one goalie pulled and an unknown back-up in. You HAVE to think Luongo's price has gone down a bit...

I can't imagine too many veterans on that team were happy when they saw the direction that Yzerman went with the goaltending. makes you wonder how committed they were to winning this year when they didn't go out and fix their most obvious need. I think Tampa is far more likely to sell because it doesn't seem they were committed to winning this year in the first place.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver

I believe LeBrun has said that Steve has zero interest in Luongo.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Sorry to derail the thread with this... if SY has zero interest then he's not doing his job. Maybe at the original price but my guess is that GMMG has dropped it and that SY could probably have him for a roster player/prospect OR pick.

OK... back to LA.

Tampa has a lot of promising G's.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Tampa has a lot of promising G's.

I'm hoping you're being sarcastic. Outside of Vasilevsky, who won't be ready for years and years, they have nothing in their goaltending pipeline. Lindback is probably a decent backup but he can't handle a starter's load. He hasn't lit it up at any other level either so it's not like there's a record of excellence.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
thatssotrue.com_548_1329514283.gif

The heart attack pairing. Could be worse though, imagine Barker-Bieksa?

:laugh:

I actually think that - all things being equal - those are solid lines and pairings. Garrison/Hamhuis have been strong, and Ballard/Tanev are a good pair. If Bieksa/Alberts is a total disaster, start rotating things from there.

The forwards are about as good as they're going to get given the injuries.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I really want to see how this Raymond/Schroeder/Hansen line fares against the big bodies of LA, especially in a second line role, will they match up against the Richards line? I'm assuming we are going head to head on top lines (worked out well for us last time). If they can hold their own against Penner/Richards/Carter, then I am confident going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad