GDT: Game #31 | Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim Ducks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
What size curly fries do we get if Abby gets an Ovechtrick?

bryzgalov-humongous-big-450x293.jpg

RedWingsNow*

OK, I haven't really understood a lot of the Abdlekader hate around here so it's hard for me not to be a little gleeful.

Forwards are streaky and it's hard for us to remember that. You can't judge them by their goal scoring all the time. It's whether they're getting chances, doing the right things, going to the right places, being defensively responsible, making your teammates better. If they are doing all those things and the puck isn't going in, that sucks but it will sort itself out.

I thought Abdelkader was doing the right things for much of his time up on the 1st line so I didn't get the hate. Sure, the puck wasn't going in, but he was doing a lot of other things well enough.

So at the same time, him putting in 5 goals in the past couple of games isn't really anything anyone needs to eat crow about. He'll go back to not scoring soon enough. The important thing is whether he's doing all of the other things right.

It's no coincidence that the line got better when Cleary was moved in favor of Franzen.
Datsyuk was too easy to cover with two slugs out there. But Franzen has to be respected.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
I cant believe babcock has let gustav nyquist play an entire 8 minutes of hockey.

Risky to let a kid play such a prominent role.

But they say Mikes a genius

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Oh god. The Ducks announcers just made a reference to Babcock saying that the youngsters needed "to grab hold of something" while they are up with the Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad