Duck_17.gif
Duck_18.gif

Duck_19.gif
Duck_20.gif

Duck_21.gif
Duck_22.gif

Duck_23.gif
Duck_24.gif

Referees: Greg Kimmerly (18), Marc Joannette (25)
Linesmen: Darren Gibbs (66), Lonnie Cameron (74)
Click here for the NHL.com preview

[FIELDSET="Artwork"]
Artwork By FlashyG
[/FIELDSET][/CENTER]

Last edited:

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
The Wings lines might be wrong, at least based on practice today Brunner was on the 3rd line with Nyquist and Andersson while Cleary was on the top line with Z and Flip.

I left them how I hope they'll be, until I see it confirmed tomorrow.

The Ducks lines are likely all wrong possibly down to the starting goalie. I asked a couple people on the Ducks board but I haven't heard back from them, and the sites I normally use all have different combos for them.

I'm sure all will be forgiven should the Wings find a way to win this game. We need the points a lot more than they do.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
The Wings lines might be wrong, at least based on practice today Brunner was on the 3rd line with Nyquist and Andersson while Cleary was on the top line with Z and Flip.

The Ducks lines are likely all wrong possibly down to the starting goalie. I asked a couple people on the Ducks board but I haven't heard back from them, and the sites I normally use all have different combos for them.

I'm sure all will be forgiven should the Wings find a way to win this game. We need the points a lot more than they do.
Ducks are on fire. All signs point to a loss so I think 3-1 wings. Cleary empty netter

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

zzz

Liked Miller better up there. He generated more chances in his 20 minutes with the top line than Cleary did his whole stint with Datsyuk.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
The Ducks are a hard team to beat, but we have to try.
Any update on Helm?

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The Ducks are a hard team to bit, but we have to try.
Any update on Helm?

Center Darren Helm didn't even accompany the team on this four-game trip, which starts with a pair of games against the Anaheim Ducks Friday (10 p.m., Fox Sports Detroit) and Sunday (5 p.m., FSD).

Helm (back) had a setback while skating on Monday. It doesn't appear he'll be back anytime soon.

“We thought he would be back against Minny (Wednesday). Obviously, things haven't gone good,'' coach Mike Babcock said

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_darren_helm_not_on_t.html

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Nice GDT Flashy (yet again)! Always look forward to seeing what you come up with :laugh:

Sorry I didn't help you out for the tables, I saw your PM, but completely forgot to reply when I got home from work.

No Smith and Lashoff on same pairing pls.

I honestly don't get the Smith-Lashoff pairing. It worked in GR, but Lashoff is getting burned at this level. Stick him on the third pairing with White

Kronwall - Ericsson
Kindl - Smith
Lashoff - White

Even better, I'd rotate Huskins in for Lashoff who was fine whenever he got a chance.

I'd also like to shake things up with the forward lines (yeah, more likely hell will freeze over, but hear me out):

Filppula - Datsyuk - Brunner
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen
Abdelkader - Andersson - Cleary
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Our depth absolutely sucks, but we need to go all in on the top 6. Babcock might want Nyquist to learn the hard way by grinding in the bottom 6, but I think he'll play well with his countrymen and strive.

Brunner shoots at everything. He gets the puck, he's looking to hit the net. Imagine someone like Datsyuk who could find him anywhere on the ice and Filppula in the supporting role?

You manage with what you have and I think this Abdelkader/Cleary in the top 6 experiment is useless now that we have some bodies back.

This'll be a tough game against Anaheim. They have scoring depth, some good D and a solid goaltending tandem. The Wings have usually played well (not always gotten the results) against good teams, so hopefully that continues.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Flashy, holy balls, you're like the Datsyuk of game day threads. I usually scroll past GDT posts so damn fast because it's just a bunch of stats, but I find myself combing your images for the layers of jokes you've hidden for the attentive viewer.

As for the game, the Ducks are gobbling up points like Pacman so if the Wings can scrape out a win here they'll certainly help gain a little swagger again after that unfortunate Minnesota game.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

Who cares, this GDT if effin BRILLIANT!:handclap:

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
I hope for a win but I simply don't see it. Not pulling a Mindfly here but I don't think they are good enough to beat Anaheim this year.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Anaheim
Anaheim
Phoenix
San Jose

Wow. I would be surprised if we got 5 points out of this swing.

I hope Dr. Realgood fixes the lines.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Where did you get that picture of Miller from the future? Lemme see that camera...

Some of those beards fit waaaay too well; Miller, Kronwall, Smith, Cleary, and White, in no particular order. Howard looks like Hasek for some reason with his beard, even though Hasek never had one... maybe it's the different lower-face shape with the beard.

I also like the off-season pic of Bertuzzi (I'm assuming that's him) in the header graphic. Epic beards are epic.

:clap:

That's fantastic.

Last edited:

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Anaheim
Anaheim
Phoenix
San Jose

Wow. I would be surprised if we got 5 points out of this swing.

I would say this next week determines if we make playoffs or not and then we come back to play Chicago. If we get 6 points from the next 5 games I think we will be okay.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I would say this next week determines if we make playoffs or not and then we come back to play Chicago. If we get 6 points from the next 5 games I think we will be okay.

I originally thought that too, but there's a stretch in mid April that looks even more crucial.

St. Louis
San Jose
@ Chicago
@ Nashville
@ Calgary
@ Vancouver

That... is a doozy.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Amazing work as usual, Flashy. :yo:

That line should be interesting, is this Babcock's attempt to run 3 scoring lines?

Aug 6, 2012
Nyquist - Andersson - Brunner would be an awesome third line, too bad it would result in having Cleary and Abby in the top six. But having Gus and the Nose against bottom-pairing defenseman and checking lines would be a big advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->