Pre-Game Talk: Game 31 - Bruins @ Leafs - ON A SUNDAY?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericFan2*

Thornton gone, Marchand gone = dull game.

Bernier with the start, hopefully. Squeeze out a point and i'll be satisfied.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Yep, tomorrow is going to be crazy. I don't think we have much of a shot unless our bottom 2 pairing on the D side have their best games of the season and Bernier puts on a clinic.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I think the last time we played Boston was 2nd night of a back to back as well.

Big game

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Boston pulled a W tonight but they are banged up and exhausted, just like us. This should be interesting for sure.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Not often that the Leafs play at home on back to back nights.

thumbs-aloft.gif

lol

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
okay - on to the new GDT will be up tomorrow morning.. just trying to think what to do!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
OK guys, Boston is a good team but they are not filled with Gods from Mount Olympus. They can be had. Leafs can very easily grab at least one point. I think this stuff about "we'll need a miracle to grab a point" or "this game will get ugly" is just nonsense.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Reimer will probably get the start if RC wants to see him suffer and JB flourish. It's gonna be a baaad game by the looks of it and I'm hoping Pittsburgh has really tired them out.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
OK guys, Boston is a good team but they are not filled with Gods from Mount Olympus. They can be had. Leafs can very easily grab at least one point. I think this stuff about "we'll need a miracle to grab a point" or "this game will get ugly" is just nonsense.
Yeah, they aren't untouchable...if this team was playing well. Pretty sure despite how badly the last playoffs ended that every single Leaf fan knows the Bruins can lose games.

The problem is outside the top line the team isn't playing well. Still sitting on leads in the worst of ways, undisciplined, and outside of tonight a questionable PK.

We struggled with the Bruins for the past several years for good reasons. They are a good team and we weren't playing well. Both seem to be lining up once again for this game. We can win it, but expecting a loss isn't insane.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Right back at it tomorrow. Oh boy, tomorrow may not be pretty.

Bernier probably gets the start.

First Sunday game since November 2011.

First Sunday home game since December 2010.

Blasphemy, blasphemy I say!

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Great time to get the Bruins. I'm sure they are going to be pretty tired answering questions about tonights game. Probably no Eriksson, Thorton or Marchand. Hopefully they are emotionally drained tomorrow.

Edit: Looks like Marchand is ok I guess.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
If there was a game the D needed to be strong in their own zone, tomorrow is that game!

The Bruins are incredibly strong cycling (even their 4th line) and creating chances.

D can't try to be fancy, just get the puck, chip it out.
Bruins clog up the neutral zone like no other team I've seen.

Leafs speed/transition game will be the key!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad