GDT: Game 30: Red Wings at philly 7:00 pm et 12/16/23 (ESPN+, BSD+)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
If Seider isn't playing hurt, I would like one of our reporters to ask why he plays so little. Other teams playing their 1st year pro 23-30 a night, but we have to baby our 3rd year pro.
Honestly wouldn’t shock me if there was some attempt to keep the contract lower. I’m sure they would play him more if they were forced to, but I don’t think they are.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Nashville has the most hits and Carolina has the fewest. Sure does show...
Which team was in the Cup finals the most recent?

Vegas didn't win the Cup by being soft in the playoffs. Carolina isn't getting far and neither will the Wings even if we make it to the playoffs. 10 ply team. Copp hasn't even thrown a check in 9 games. I don't think I've had 9 games in a row without throwing a check..... in beer league where it's not legal, lol. And I'm smaller than Copp, but I'm not 10 ply.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I totally forgot there was a game last night.

After reading the GDT, it sounds like most of the team forgot as well.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Terrible losses last two games. 1 goal in two games.

Against teams we needed wins against...

If a slide starts to begin, you can directly point back to this loss and the loss with the Hurricanes as to what went wrong and we let slide through the fingers.

Reactions: TheMule93

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
I remember the other night when Trevor Thompson (or maybe Emily Kaplan, idfk) asked Fester about this team winning 1-0 or 2-1 games, and he said something along the lines of "we're working on that". Hope he's not trying to sacrifice our high octane offense to try to grind out wins, Blash/Babs style.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I mean honestly it was about the worst sequence that could have happened last night. Every team won that Wings were treading water with, even the teams with games in hand are trending towards a higher point total than Red Wings over a full season won. Within an 82-game season, it was one of those major setbacks.

It's not sirens yet, Larkins coming back but if they lose the next few and really drop out. Full blown fire-alarms. Especially with the coach, if they fall out. Lalonde has a good roster. Other good coaches available. Defensive pairing at times, PP goals against, Sweeden trip and goalie usage with 3 on the roster can all be creditably criticized, imo.

Last edited:

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I'd agree with the Ducks game being a must win. The standings are so close with so many teams that yeah a loss is a setback. Another week of this we can be where Buffalo is easily.

Ducks, Jets and then Philly and Devils back to back.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Playoff teams can steal points even when key players are injured. This team hasn’t done that. They need everyone healthy to make the playoffs. Not good at overcoming adversity.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Watched the game again...the team defense structure and personnel is awful..

From missed assignments, weak play and poor decision making its atrocious starting from the #1 dman to the #7..

That may ruffle feathers here but it's true.. SY and lalonde deserve some criticism along with Seider through Petry...

If its not addressed soon another bottom 10 finish is certain

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Throughout all this dialogue we have got to remember that we’re without our best player

This team is incredibly different with Larkin on the ice. Still that’s no excuses for the decision making by management (specifically the defense)

We need you back Captain

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Throughout all this dialogue we have got to remember that we’re without our best player

This team is incredibly different with Larkin on the ice. Still that’s no excuses for the decision making by management (specifically the defense)

We need you back Captain
It's one thing to try and fail. It's another to just play meek hockey and be scared of the puck and get beat. Larkin being out doesn't mean everyone gets to be stupid. We can play smart and assertive hockey without him.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

We need you back Captain

How does no Larkin cause the defensive structure and decision making to breakdown so readily?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad