GDT: Game 30 - New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils - 7pm EST - MSG,NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Honestly, one of my earliest memories as a child, driving down to New Jersey with the fam, for probably my first time. And as soon as we crossed into Jersey, I said "What's that smell?" Pops replied: "New Jersey."
There used to be a few sophomoric obscene jokes in the Truly Tastless Joke series of books that were around during the 80s that involved punchlines revolving around the stench of New Jersey. I cannot post them here however. I'm already in trouble for being rude to Vid.

• Haha
Reactions: Rongomania

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So f***ing lame.

I'm blacked out from both the NYR & the Bruins. Lucky me, I get all the Devils & Islander games...except when they play the Bruins & NYR, yet I don't live in either of those States.

What's the point of the NHLN? It's like when a DJ puts on a loop over a holiday weekend on a local radio station. lol.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
As a kid, we habitually crossed the Holland into Jersey and hit Route 22 for Caldor, Pergament and Rickel and P.C. Richard that looks like a ship (and other stores that I'm forgetting) to take advantage of the lower sales tax.
Before they opened on Long Island, TOPS Electronics was worth the trip over the GW Bridge. I still have my Aiwa Mini System with 5 CD changer that I bought there in 1992.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Is there a reason why Blais/Gauthier get this super long leash for being terrible? Blais hasnt done anything this entire season and Gauthier has cooled off.
E7AbNrkUYAkdyop.jpg:large

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Last few weeks have been pretty trash for games. I am moving to a new apartment this coming weekend that comes with standard TV which will finally solve my TNT issue, but NHLN really is shitty for taking random extra games off the table.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It wasn't Christmas until Grandma handed me a big gift bag full of Caldor specials

That's awesome. I couldn't care about the home improvement stores my dad hit up. I looked forward to going to Caldor and K-Mart for the toys, specifically Matchbox cars.

Before they opened on Long Island, TOPS Electronics was worth the trip over the GW Bridge. I still have my Aiwa Mini System with 5 CD changer that I bought there in 1992.

I remember TOPS. I remember their ads in the paper. We didn't go over the GW Bridge all that much so never went into one iirc, but the electronics store wars back then were lit. TOPS was fighting with The Wiz, which was fighting Crazy Eddie, which was fighting back The Wiz, plus PC Richard and Brick Church. I went to Wiz so much, for the walkmans and the mini systems and the cassettes and cassette singles. And then those CD music listening stations, where you were able to preview the CD before you bought! This was before HMV, Virgin, Sam Goody and Suncoast, plus Best Buy and Circuit City, moved in. But my absolute favorite time was going to Park Row and hitting J&R Music World and all its self-contained shops.

You need to pop in Snap! "The Power" into your Aiwa mini system and jam out.

& @will1066

Caldor, mostly would get dragged along with my Aunt and Mom who would buy tons of useless shit. Hempstead turnpike, Levittown LI. Ironically, down the street from a Pergament.

Ha. Caldor and Pergament were like the anchors for 1 out of every 3 strip malls back then.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Once again the tonight's game is not on espn+. WTF.😭
Cord cutters. Tsk tsk.

You kids…

Is there a reason why Blais/Gauthier get this super long leash for being terrible? Blais hasnt done anything this entire season and Gauthier has cooled off.
Gallant said yesterday he’s “happy with their work” and “we know what we’re getting” with them.

And then he’ll give them 6 minutes tops again tonite. Blais will never score a goal as a NYR.

Reactions: Atax

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
At the risk of dating myself, there used to be a newspaper comic strip called Hagar the Horrible. Tonight we start drawing a new one that I'm hoping to call Vanacek the Vanquished. LGR!

Reactions: jacko23

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Such a big game. Coming off 3 in the row.

The Devils have a strong team and they are well balanced. In the last matchup Hughes was all over the place. He had 8 shots on goal.

Sharongovich had 2 goals in the last game. He's playing on the Devs 4th line tonight. Wood is up on the 3rd line.

For the Rangers i think they should almost utilize Trochek and Kreider in a defensive shutdown type of a role but what line do they try to matchup with? Hischier line or he Hughes line?

Big test for the kids up top with Zibanejad again. Hope they get off to a good start.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Deleted member 23124

play physical against them.hit them hard,hit them often.Make them think twice about dancing around in our zone like the Harlem Globetrotters
And who is supposed to do all this hard hitting?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kravtsov not playing is becoming a problem.

There's no reason for him not to be in over Vesey or Blais.

Laffy Zibs Kakko
Panarin Chytil Goodrow
Kreider Trocheck Kravtsov
Vesey/Blais Brodz Gauthier.

It's not rocket science but Gallant doesn't trust Kravtsov to play defense on that line. Has nothing to do because of terrible defensive play... He worries more about 'defense/matchups' than actually scoring goals and/or developing prospects.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Kravtsov not playing is becoming a problem.

There's no reason for him not to be in over Vesey or Blais.

Laffy Zibs Kakko
Panarin Chytil Goodrow
Kreider Trocheck Kravtsov
Vesey/Blais Brodz Gauthier.

It's not rocket science but Gallant doesn't trust Kravtsov to play defense on that line. Has nothing to do because of terrible defensive play... He worries more about 'defense/matchups' than actually scoring goals and/or developing prospects.
Yea there is absolutely zero development plan for this kid. What happens next? He gets a random game after sitting 2 weeks? And then he's out of the lineup again? We talk a lot about the team "ruining" Laffy & Kakko, but no, THIS is how you actually ruin a kid. He'll never build up the confidence at this level and I am sure it is very mentally taxing at this point.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Yea there is absolutely zero development plan for this kid. What happens next? He gets a random game after sitting 2 weeks? And then he's out of the lineup again? We talk a lot about the team "ruining" Laffy & Kakko, but no, THIS is how you actually ruin a kid. He'll never build up the confidence at this level and I am sure it is very mentally taxing at this point.
He hasn't played much hockey for 2 years now. what can go wrong?

Reactions: Boris Zubov

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
He hasn't played much hockey for 2 years now. what can go wrong?
I can only think of 2 explanations

1) This whole thing is one big ego trip for Drury, bringing him back & dicking him around to de-rail Kravs career as revenge for not going to Hartford
2) Drury is all in on the EJ memes and thinks the regular season is beneath Kravtsov so he's saving him for the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad