GDT: Game 30 - New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils - 7pm EST - MSG,NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Kovalchuk PPG from the point, Stevens headhunting hit on Mika, Elias hat-trick, Brodeur shutout and other anarchronisms incoming.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I know that the most famous Devil names are Stevens, Brodeur, Elias, Gionta, etc, but for some reason, no name is more "NJD" to me than Ponikarovksy, followed closely by Chorkse
Poni Poni, they used to chant

I know that the most famous Devil names are Stevens, Brodeur, Elias, Gionta, etc, but for some reason, no name is more "NJD" to me than Ponikarovksy, followed closely by Chorkse

The most NJD for me was Terreri. And definitely Elias. And Daneyko, which is synonymous with the Devils.

Reactions: leetch99 and DialUp

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
A Ranger fan is walking along the Hudson River and he sees a Jersey fan on the opposite side, so the Ranger fan shouts over and says “ Hey, how do I get on the other side of the River” to which the Jersey fan responds “ You’re already on the other side of the River”.

The other side of the river.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
A Ranger fan is walking along the Hudson River and he sees a Jersey fan on the opposite side, so the Ranger fan shouts over and says “ Hey, how do I get on the other side of the River” to which the Jersey fan responds “ You’re already on the other side of the River”.

The other side of the river.

Honestly, one of my earliest memories as a child, driving down to New Jersey with the fam, for probably my first time. And as soon as we crossed into Jersey, I said "What's that smell?" Pops replied: "New Jersey."

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Lou had a really weird trade habit. He brough such strange guys in. Poni was great and he was a big impact in that 2012 playoff run... but there were other years he brought in guys like Dave Steckel or Steve Sullivan like they were going to bring a cup.

mti79

May 11, 2007
I really wish they'd stop putting so many NYR games on NHL Network. I'm out of market, and YoutubeTV doesn't have NHL Network. ESPN+ doesn't carry NHL Network games either, so I'm SOL.
I'm in market but don't have MSG because they fought with my cable company so they black it out on the NHL Network for me.

Lou had a really weird trade habit. He brough such strange guys in. Poni was great and he was a big impact in that 2012 playoff run... but there were other years he brought in guys like Dave Steckel or Steve Sullivan like they were going to bring a cup.
Reminds me of the year I was living in Buffalo and the Sabres traded for Bob Corkum.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Is there a reason why Blais/Gauthier get this super long leash for being terrible? Blais hasnt done anything this entire season and Gauthier has cooled off.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, one of my earliest memories as a child, driving down to New Jersey with the fam, for probably my first time. And as soon as we crossed into Jersey, I said "What's that smell?" Pops replied: "New Jersey."

As a kid, we habitually crossed the Holland into Jersey and hit Route 22 for Caldor, Pergament and Rickel and P.C. Richard that looks like a ship (and other stores that I'm forgetting) to take advantage of the lower sales tax.

• Haha
Reactions: Rongomania

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
As a kid, we habitually crossed the Holland into Jersey and hit Route 22 for Caldor, Pergament and Rickel and P.C. Richard that looks like a ship (and other stores that I'm forgetting) to take advantage of the lower sales tax.
And gas was like 30% cheaper in Jersey back then too so fill up the tank too! Now the cost of the Hudson Crossing alone makes this a worthless endeavor.

Wowww Pergament, blast from the past. My dad refused to do Home Depot or Lowes, said Pergament was the best prices because they had no one to help you in the store just how we liked it, and they didn't blow money on fancy tv ads (how'd that work out for them?)

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
And gas was like 30% cheaper in Jersey back then too so fill up the tank too! Now the cost of the Hudson Crossing alone makes this a worthless endeavor.

Wowww Pergament, blast from the past. My dad refused to do Home Depot or Lowes, said Pergament was the best prices because they had no one to help you in the store just how we liked it, and they didn't blow money on fancy tv ads (how'd that work out for them?)
I remember the other store now... Channel. My dad loved hitting the home improvement trifecta of Rickel, Pergament and Channel on Rte 22.

This was before Newport Mall opened.

Reactions: JRinNYC and romba

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Once again the tonight's game is not on espn+. WTF.😭
So f***ing lame.

It's really ridiculous, insane the amount of NYR blacked out games
I'm blacked out from both the NYR & the Bruins. Lucky me, I get all the Devils & Islander games...except when they play the Bruins & NYR, yet I don't live in either of those States.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad