GDT: Game 30: Jets (14-13-2) @ BLACKHAWKS (15-10-4) 12/11/15 7:30 pm CT (TSN3,CSN-CH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricRealm

Oct 22, 2013
Is time or does rundblat make our pp better. Last few games we have converted with him out there. He makes the simple plays, moves the puck. Anyway I must be ill to think that

My guess is its a combination of TT, Panerin, and Anisimov. Shaking things up with new blood.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Yay winning. Only listened. Rundblad looked good against one of the biggest teams in hockey? Wow.

I feel like Winnipeg is the team Bobby would build.

It's amazing what getting to play game after game after game without interruption can do for a guy.

It's also amazing what not playing with Michael Rozsival can do for a guy. Any guy.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Hellebuyck was the second best player on the ice tonight, speaking as an impartial hockey fan. Crawford was excellent.

Crawford will never be the most athletic goalie in the league but I am so proud at the level he has raised his game to through the years. He is so much better side-to-side, with rebound control and playing the puck.

He truly is an elite NHL goalie though he will never get his fair due because he doesn't do it with the flair the media demands.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yay winning. Only listened. Rundblad looked good against one of the biggest teams in hockey? Wow.

I feel like Winnipeg is the team Bobby would build.

Rundblad nearly gave Jets a goal

His pass to Thorburn in front of Crawford was hideous

If Rozy made such a pass there would be no claims of him having good game

It's amazing what getting to play game after game after game without interruption can do for a guy.

It's also amazing what not playing with Michael Rozsival can do for a guy. Any guy.

Rozy has been fine this year in role asked of him ,, He isn't the reason David Rundblad has been nothing but a bust in NHL

The sooner we get rid of Stan's mistake the better organization will be

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You can tell that one team played last night and one didn't

Yep. It was a solid team effort and a nice win but the Jets didn't really show up. I'd like to think that Hawks made them look bad, but ****, even Bladder looked fine.

Hawks are on a mini homestand. Time to build some momentum with a string of wins. Last night was a good start.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Yeah runbad had that pizza in slot. Other than that I go with solid. Strangely he was physically engaging.

Better schedule coming v some not great teams. Could have a big streak going before sj/dal before Christmas break. Those will be 2 dandy games

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Rozy has been fine this year in role asked of him ,, He isn't the reason David Rundblad has been nothing but a bust in NHL

Both 5 and 32 seem to play their worst when paired together. It's weird, probably psychological that Rozi's game was okay until Bladder re-entered the line-up. He became a train wreck overnight.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I missed the game :( , had to work, love the results though, how did the Hawks look overall?

Was able to catch a few minutes here and there of the 1st on WGN, John & Troy said Toews changed the tape on his stick to black, well guess it worked :sarcasm:

Saw the replay of Kane's goal on NHL tonight, sweet pass from TT and an awesome shot by 88!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Both 5 and 32 seem to play their worst when paired together. It's weird, probably psychological that Rozi's game was okay until Bladder re-entered the line-up. He became a train wreck overnight.

Maybe it is a trust thing. While 5 did have a turnover he was solid and honestly he helps our pp. Either he or Rosi needs to play but not both. I was impressed that he was physically engaged in the game (he stepped up on Buff).

I did like these pairs.

2-57
4-7
6-5

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I missed the game :( , had to work, love the results though, how did the Hawks look overall?

Was able to catch a few minutes here and there of the 1st on WGN, John & Troy said Toews changed the tape on his stick to black, well guess it worked :sarcasm:

Saw the replay of Kane's goal on NHL tonight, sweet pass from TT and an awesome shot by 88!

Hawks were really good at blocking shots last night.
Otherwise they got the outcome they SHOULD have gotten.
The Jets looked awful.

But I'll take it. Better than giving up a game the Jets had no business winning.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Maybe it is a trust thing. While 5 did have a turnover he was solid and honestly he helps our pp. Either he or Rosi needs to play but not both. I was impressed that he was physically engaged in the game (he stepped up on Buff).

I did like these pairs.

2-57
4-7
6-5

Yeah, other than that nasty turn over, I would say I liked his game last night.
Turn over is easy to brush off because it didn't end up in the back of the net.

Our elite D have been guilty of the same thing (coughSEABROOKcough)
So, I look past it when it stays out of the net. Now, if it happened more than once in the game, that would have been a problem

But, man, I would rather have him QB the PP instead of Duncs, dare I say

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I did like these pairs.

2-57
4-7
6-5

Solid is overstating it but yes he had a pretty good game by his low standards. On the PP he keeps it simple which is effective. However as I said before, Rundblad has had games like this before, then quickly relapses to his old self next outing when the intensity is turned up. Perhaps the fact that Hawks get last change is a factor, perhaps the ops having a poor outing is a factor as well. I'd still prefer Rozy until Bladder can put a few good outings together in succession.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Sorry, everybody except BWC seems to think Rundblad had a solid game.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...we must credit our team for bringing their work boots for a change and give effort and want for almost the entire game rather than the usual just 1 or may sometimes 2 good effort periods...and for another change all 4 lines showed up and worked hard almost the whole game...The only 2 bad shifts came by 1 line...yep...line #1 ...on 2 consecutive shifts near the end of the third period when WPG made a push...these were before they pulled their goalie for the extra attacker with just a few minutes remaining..But apart from that bit of return to slackness,line #1 had a very strong game of compete ...it certainly was a change for Toews who came down off his mountain and finally seemed interested in actually working for his paycheck...rewarded with a goal ...but it was a greasey goal off a rebound at the crease...we will gladly take it of course but still he had to work so hard this game and all he gets is one goal? AND still not getting many good shots off and beating goalies with those...But at least his work ethic showed up for a change even of the talent portion is still MIA. I mean for $10.5 million we will hardly get excited by 1 goal and just 1 point from him...but beggars cannot be choosers.

Hossa
..again working hard...again gain another break-away chance...again gain gain a Fail to finis...So still hard to get excited for line #1.

But TT made another impact on the PP with a great assist and he fired shots when he had the chance ..so his play is encouraging. .Also thought Rundblad looks good qb'iing our PP on.left point.
.so that is another encouraging development...but our team had to work so hard just to get 2 goals when other teams are now scoring in bunches (like Edmonton now and this without McDavid!)...we have such a hard time scoring goals that when we do it is a surprise...and we have come to expect that a "star" is now earned for just 1 measly goal on a game...and that none of our players is capable of a really big multi-goals and multi-point night..That even Kane 's streak is mainly 1 goal or 1 assist an out for the night rather than a Dallas or Edmonton ton special of 5 point nights or multi-goals nights from a player

But the win does show we can win close low scoring games if CC is on his game and if our team works hard for 60 minutes.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sorry, everybody except BWC seems to think Rundblad had a solid game.

As I said, not quite solid, just better. If that dumb, dumb, dumb turnover in such a tight game resulted in a Jets goal, folks might be singing a much different tune today. A few good looks on the PP for him was fine, but it doesn't erase Bladder's soft play and too many gaffes on defense. Let's not pretend that he is suddenly a legit NHL dman.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hossa
..again working hard...again gain another break-away chance...again gain gain a Fail to finis...So still hard to get excited for line #1.

It needs to be said that Hossa has consistently been one of the better Blackhawks this season. He doesn't get the credit around here that he deserves.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Look I hate runbad too but let's pretend he wasn't solid in 14 minutes with a turnover. If he could do that all the time he would be a 5 in this league. He doesn't I know, but I think Stan sees this in him. It doesn't come out all the time, hardly ever, but he can play. I like the ice time he can get on the pp, helps the other guys.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Rundblad helps our PP..you mean the PP that was one of the best while he was sitting in the press box? I don't think he improves it, it was already a good PP before he got on it.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yep. It was a solid team effort and a nice win but the Jets didn't really show up. I'd like to think that Hawks made them look bad, but ****, even Bladder looked fine.

Hawks are on a mini homestand. Time to build some momentum with a string of wins. Last night was a good start.

weren't both teams on a back to back? WPG vs Lumbus and us vs Nash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad