GDT: Game 3: Stars @ Flames 8:30 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Your telling me that Tkachuck never said anything to the trainers or anyone on the bench that he got speared in the groin? You don't think the players were talking to each other about why Mathew wasn't on the bench.

I understand that players don't want to do anything to hurt their team in the playoffs, but they still need to stand up for themselves. It's not like Benn, Perry or even Dallas have a clean reputation.

Also it was a face-off...both Refs should be watching the face off, one of them had to have seen something. I mean Vegas got screwed last year because a guy fell to the ice, hit his head and they called a 5 min major...for nothing.

I understand that it wasn't a viscous attack and that Benn probably didn't mean to do it, but as a player you have to be responsible for your own stick.

I mean, sure Tkachuk probably said something. but it’s hard for a player to react emotionally and after the fact if they had no idea what happened. I didn’t expect someone to go out and “get even” with Benn.

Also wouldn’t Vegas getting screwed just prove the opposite of what you’re trying to prove. If “both refs are watching the faceoff” and of they “had to have seen something” wouldn’t they have gotten that call right? The Benn spear is hard to see from both players and refs because it’s subtle, and that motion really happens on most faceoffs when wingers are boxing eachother out. I don’t even think it was remotely intentional.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Gio seriously looks like he belongs on our 3rd pairing. Need more from him to have a chance.

Reactions: Boomstick

thescorpion

Aug 2, 2020
Mom's basement
I didn't think anything in the world could be as bad as how the Flames lost game 2 except yesterday I missed a penalty shot in ball hockey and my team lost the championship. It felt like I got a Jamie Benn stick in the balls. Even my mom making me a hot cocoa didn't soothe me. Here's hoping the Flames win tonight. If they don't, I'll be inconsolable.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I mean, sure Tkachuk probably said something. but it’s hard for a player to react emotionally and after the fact if they had no idea what happened. I didn’t expect someone to go out and “get even” with Benn.

Also wouldn’t Vegas getting screwed just prove the opposite of what you’re trying to prove. If “both refs are watching the faceoff” and of they “had to have seen something” wouldn’t they have gotten that call right? The Benn spear is hard to see from both players and refs because it’s subtle, and that motion really happens on most faceoffs when wingers are boxing eachother out. I don’t even think it was remotely intentional.

The point in bringing up Vegas is that the refs called the penalty on the outcome and not on the play. They could have done the same here, but they didn't. Either way I would have liked to see Lucic rough Benn up a little. Maybe we will see it tonight.

Reactions: Tofveve

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We've got the matchups tonight so really you have to ride the Bennett and Backlund lines hard and do your best to shelter Gaudreau and Monahan because they'll never be split up

Reactions: Boomstick

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
We've got the matchups tonight so really you have to ride the Bennett and Backlund lines hard and do your best to shelter Gaudreau and Monahan because they'll never be split up
If I were Ward I would put Johnny on the fourth line and tell him until he sees some fire in his game he is staying there.

Janko- Monahan- Lindolm
Johnny - Ryan - Rieder

With Janko on the top line you have some size for forechecking, cycling and a player that plays well defensively. Best case scenario you get some chemistry and get a few goals. With Johnny on the fourth line you hope he gets a little mad and finds a match-up that he can exploit with his skills.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Isn't that a sad sad statement of truth. <sigh>

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Nothing wrong and nothing needs to be fixed with regards to the Flames 2nd and 3rd lines. So that leaves the first line. I guess I guess that means Monahan plays LW, Lindholm as Center, and Quine on the RW.

I was actually thinking

Lucic - Bennett - Dube
Monahan - Backlund - Mangiapane
Gaudreau - Lindholm - Quine
Jankowski - Ryan - Rieder

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's amazing how many times you guys think we should just run the lines through the rock tumbler.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I feel that the solution is simple.
3 things to do.

Protect the puck.
Limit the turnovers.
Stay out of the penalty box.

That's it. My 3 keys to success.
Dallas is a relentless checking team, and they create turnovers, they hem us in our own zone. We can't have that. Last night I saw Brodie and Giordano backing up into our zone passing it back and forth until they were stuck behind our net and then the turnovers happened.
And you know what, why don't we have that aggressive forechecking too.
Just play Flames hockey and we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad