GDT: Game 3: Stars @ Flames 8:30 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Well that sucked to watch, but idk I’ve become less emotional as idk... didn’t wanna scream after that 5th Dallas goal; I should probably get my head checked lmao.

Also, I gotta keep my streak alive people. Seriously, that’s why I didn’t make the game 2 gdt (jk I was busy lol).

Please flames, just win the f***ing game. Get out of the first round for once please and I’ll luv u guys forever.

I’ll post lineups tomorrow. Gfg!!

Projected lines (as of now, subject to change)

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk (game time decision)-Backlund-Mangiapane
Lucic-Bennett-Dube
Jankowski/Rinaldo (also game time decision)-Ryan-Reider

Starting goalie not announced as of now.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Will probably see a better effort. I don't see it going Colorado esque, as even in game 1 Vs Colorado we were getting man handled. I can see Gio having a decent game, but the first line just can't battle through this type of adversity.

Reactions: Tofveve

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm going to miss games 3 and 4.

I very much hope that the next game I watch isn't with our backs against the proverbial wall.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
That certainly was a piss poor attempt at playimg hockey last night.
Lots of fingers to be pointed but how did Gio manage to go from Norris stud to old & slow in one year?
Johnny's never going to score another 5v5 goal in his life is he? He's basically become useless out there if he's not playing PP minutes. Someone needs to teach him how to forecheck.
Did Ryan play last night? Hard to tell. He's certainly making the decision to re-sign him easier.
Janko's playing himself out of the lineup. Time to give Czarnik a chance.

Sure hope we see a better effort today and some of the passengers either demoted or removed from the lineup.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
If Tkachuk is playing:

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Monahan-Backlund-Mangiapane
Lucic-Bennett-Dube
Jankowski-Ryan-Rieder

If Tkachuk is out:

Gaudreau-Bennett-Lindholm
Lucic-Ryan-Dube
Quine-Jankowski-Rieder

I think we're gonna see BSD today, Talbs let in 2 softies over the first 2 games, it's a B2B and we play again Sunday at 12 pm MT so I think we'll see a goalie change.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
If Tkachuk is playing:

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Lucic-Bennett-Dube
Jankowski-Ryan-Rieder

If Tkachuk is out:

Gaudreau-Bennett-Lindholm
Lucic-Ryan-Dube
Quine-Jankowski-Rieder

I think we're gonna see BSD today, Talbs let in 2 softies over the first 2 games, it's a B2B and we play again Sunday at 12 pm MT so I think we'll see a goalie change.

I'm not sure why would split up the Bennett line at this point when they're creating so much. Feels like they're doing so well cause they compliment each other well. Gaudreau is literally a passenger at this point and makes it a 5 v 4.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I would honestly keep Bennett far, far away from Gaudreau and Monahan.

Mangiapane-Bennett-Dube
Monahan-Backlund-Lindholm
Lucic-Ryan-Gaudreau
Junk 4th line

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Posted in the Armchair thread, but all the cool kids are doing it here:

If Tkachuk is hurt, might be a good excuse to shuffle things.

Gaudreau-Bennett-Dube
Lucic-Monahan-Mangi
Ryan-Backlund-Lindholm

Don't run a 4th line lol

Bennett and Dube can get Gaudreau some room and Dube's shot I think is something Gaudreau can work with, with Bennett mucking in front of the net.

Lucic can crash and bang along the boards and Mangi can feed Monahan

Backlund line should be good two way and offensively too.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Please don't insert Rinaldo into this lineup.. He's utterly useless.

Quine or Czarnik are easy choices.

Mangiapane - Monahan - Lindholm
Gaudreau - Bennett - Dube
Lucic - Backlund - Ryan
Jankowski - Quine - Reider

RSPens

May 25, 2015
So Benn is just gonna get away scot free with a spear to Tkachucks groin?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Lucic - Backlund - Ryan

I was thinking about it last night, if Janko wasn't good on the PK, I'd be tempted to run a Reider-Quine-Czarnik 4th line. Maybe enough speed to surprise occassionally.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
good to have secondary help but it's useless when your secondary is your primary.

Johnny is proving he cant hack playoffs hockey... Monahan has already proved he is secondary not top line material

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I also wasn't pleased with the fact that no Flame even considered defending Tkachuck. Benn should have been knocked out for the spear.
I mean, it was a pretty subtle thing...hard to pick up on that from the bench. It’s not like it’s a blindside hit that very obviously needs addressed

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Talbot needs to be stronger if he’s starting again. I know there was some defensive lapses and bad penalties, but you can’t have pucks go through your body, those are momentum killers.

They also need Gio to at the very least play like a top pairing Dman, him and Brodie were both pretty garbage last night.

Johnny needs to do... something? Anything 5v5? Please?

Anyways, just f***ing win, playoff Bennett and Looch be praised, drag us out of this!

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I mean, it was a pretty subtle thing...hard to pick up on that from the bench. It’s not like it’s a blindside hit that very obviously needs addressed

Your telling me that Tkachuck never said anything to the trainers or anyone on the bench that he got speared in the groin? You don't think the players were talking to each other about why Mathew wasn't on the bench.

I understand that players don't want to do anything to hurt their team in the playoffs, but they still need to stand up for themselves. It's not like Benn, Perry or even Dallas have a clean reputation.

Also it was a face-off...both Refs should be watching the face off, one of them had to have seen something. I mean Vegas got screwed last year because a guy fell to the ice, hit his head and they called a 5 min major...for nothing.

I understand that it wasn't a viscous attack and that Benn probably didn't mean to do it, but as a player you have to be responsible for your own stick.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

Lucic - Backlund - Ryan

He left the bubble.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm all for any proposed lineup that doesn't have Gaudreau playing on the 1st line.
I say move Monahan over to Johnny's spot on the line, Lindholm goes in at center, and put Dube on the RW. Move Ryan to RW on the Lucic-Bennett line. Hopefully that will kickstart Ryan's play.

Monahan-Lindholm-Dube
Gaudreau-Backlund-Mangiapane
Lucic-Bennett-Ryan
Reider-Quine-Czarnik

Too bad Pelletier isn't on the playoff roster. I'd love to see him play.. even if it was on the 4th line.

EDIT: I just saw that Czarnik has left the team. Oh well... Czarnik out and Janko back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->