GDT: Game 3 Sabres @ CBJ (10/7) (7:00 PM)

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Well you cant win all 82. Columbus was hungry, I hate that team but they have always gave us trouble. Getting a point out of this game was a massive win since we shouldnt have got one at all.

I look forward to seeing how this team responds to a fast and skillful Montreal team on Wednesday.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I honestly don't hate that actual play by Jack, he just executed poorly.

When he is on, he he could break that check and have clean separation before the blue line. Instead he got his lunch money stolen.

Good game. Really happy with Johansson and Olofsson. Real happy.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Jesus Christ the takes in here are horrendous. It’s game 3!

No its year 5 of the same "I'm the best player on the ice" stuff. Jack's a great player, when he wants to play. Hes had time to grow out of it and looked better last year. Kruger needs to address it right now.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
That's the cute play that needs to be drilled out of his head. You arent in college, these are NHL players, stop trying to dummy them. Tries to clown Jones and gets sat down, then skates himself into a corner thinking hes slick enough to beat man to man coverage and they make him look stupid.

If Kruger wants to bring culture to the locker room he needs to address it. Eichel needs to play on the second line, and if he keeps doing it put him in the press box. Captain or not, you havent won s***, play like your job depends on it every shift, stop trying to do stuff that works on your summer pick up games. Damn it, it's so frustrating.

What the f*** is happening right now?

The guy finally develops a full game and now people are mad that he made an OVERTIME 3v3 mistake or 2?

Reactions: sabremike

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I said that to myself when he was a rookie. He seems to have both too little respect for his opponents and too much respect for his opponents at the same time. Doesn't take prime shots when he could or doesn't blow by guys when he could but will then hold on to a puck in a situation like that when he's exhausted and flat footed.
He gets lazy. Always has had a lazy streak. Whether he is tired or not it's not really a good excuse. Even his elite talent can't make up for that all the time

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Dahlin? He was far and away the Sabres best players tonight. One of the very few bright spots IMO.
Dahlin is our best player. My hot take for the night is if we are building around 1 player it would be him over anyone else on the roster. Absolute stud and only getting better. Love his humble demeanor.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Idk why Eichel was even back on the ice. He was just out there and obviously gassed. He shouldn’t have been double shifted in OT. Coaching mistake. Lessons learned, it’s early in the season.

Reactions: schpaff

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
What the **** is happening right now?

The guy finally develops a full game and now people are mad that he made an OVERTIME 3v3 mistake or 2?

It wasnt a lone mistake, he kept doing the lazy Jack thing from year 1 all night. Maybe he was winded, fine, regardless it needs to be drilled into his head at this point. It's a new regime and we all wanted accountability, calling him out as accountable is a start.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Dahlin is our best player. My hot take for the night is if we are building around 1 player it would be him over anyone else on the roster. Absolute stud and only getting better. Love his humble demeanor.
I can't argue. He's about as talented as they come. I'm not surprised that he's starting to look like our most dominant player.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
It wasnt a lone mistake, he kept doing the lazy Jack thing from year 1 all night. Maybe he was winded, fine, regardless it needs to be drilled into his head at this point. It's a new regime and we all wanted accountability, calling him out as accountable is a start.

Well your standards are way too high then

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Eichel with a huge mistake. Way too casual and careless. I think he kind of screwed Johansson or whoever it was that passed/chipped that puck to Eichel. I think he was expecting Eichel to chip it back to him along the boards when he saw foligno collapse in on Eichel. But Eichel tried to keep it and by the time he lost it, there was a CBJ who creeped down and was standing uncovered. He needs to learn to use his teammates more at times, and stop being so careless with the puck at other times. And those god awful lazy passes + trying to stick handle through 4 players needs to stop too. He’s been in the league long enough to have learned better.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not the best game but a lot to learn and grow from. Great to battle back and get a point on the road.

Definitely. It'll be interesting to see what lessons they take out of this. It's both good to get a point and also potentially good to have them schooled in possession and some breakdowns to iron those out.

I'll take them making it a game over them folding up and going away, even with the mistakes. It's a growth opportunity now.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Overall not s great game. I am proud of how they answered back in the 2nd and then in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd. The old Sabres would’ve been hanging their heads. In the old days that game could have really gotten out of hand with how hungry and determined the CBJ were.

Hopefully it’s a teaching moment for Krueger. I’m sure it will be.

Overall I’m still feeling good about this team. We stole a point tonight when we had no business doing so. Good teams find ways to get points on off nights.

Definitely anxious to see how they answer back next game. I expect a rebound performance.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
At least Dahlin got another point to push for youngest Norris winner ever.

Learned Ullmark is a better goalie than people give him credit for.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Went back to see Eichel's ice time

Once they started the final push to get a goal at 5 mins to go, eichel played 4:45 of the final 7 (including overtime)

Reactions: DapperCam

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Overall not s great game. I am proud of how they answered back in the 2nd and then in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd. The old Sabres would’ve been hanging their heads. In the old days that game could have really gotten out of hand with how hungry and determined the CBJ were.

Hopefully it’s a teaching moment for Krueger. I’m sure it will be.

Overall I’m still feeling good about this team. We stole a point tonight when we had no business doing so. Good teams find ways to get points on off nights.

Definitely anxious to see how they answer back next game. I expect a rebound performance.

I agree the team is different but the Sabres last year came back from numerous deficits

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Eichel was dead after the long shift to start the OT, cant blame him too much for the mistake, he really shouldnt have been on the ice

Reactions: schpaff

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Jack and the coach probably realize they goofed up, but let's be sure they don't learn from it before we jump them too hard.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Went back to see Eichel's ice time

Once they started the final push to get a goal at 5 mins to go, eichel played 4:45 of the final 7 (including overtime)

It was too many minutes. Hard to pin it all on Eichel. He had no legs left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad