GDT: Game 3 Sabres @ CBJ (10/7) (7:00 PM)

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
It was too many minutes. Hard to pin it all on Eichel. He had no legs left.

I've been trying to figure what they could have done in OT for that 3rd shift

They had went

Eichel Sam
Johansson Skinner

Do they put a cold Mitts back out there? Forgo the faceoff and go some combo of Olofsson/Sheary/Vesey

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I've been trying to figure what they could have done in OT for that 3rd shift

They had went

Eichel Sam
Johansson Skinner

Do they put a cold Mitts back out there? Forgo the faceoff and go some combo of Olofsson/Sheary/Vesey

Yeah. I'm having a REAL tough time figuring out what to do on that 3rd OT shift, unless you break up Jack and Sam and do something like:

Eichel-Olofsson
Reinhart-Skinner
MoJo-whoever didn't suck

The way things went tonight? As bad as it sounds, I might have tried Girgensons/Larsson.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Yeah. I'm having a REAL tough time figuring out what to do on that 3rd OT shift, unless you break up Jack and Sam and do something like:

Eichel-Olofsson
Reinhart-Skinner
MoJo-whoever didn't suck

The way things went tonight? As bad as it sounds, I might have tried Girgensons/Larsson.
Right now "whoever doesn't suck" is Vlad's job. Mitts, Vesey, Sheary, Jeffrey Giraffe all fit the bill better in that role. Putting Vlad in 2nd line role put him in wayyy over his head. This game, especially late shifts, showed it.

Reactions: Tatanka

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Am traveling for work, but was in WNY. Only caught the 3rd and OT. Nice of BUF to come back with 2 in the 2nd to tie it, and not give up another goal. Thought CBJ were demonstrably physical on the puck, and their 2 forward forecheck gave BUF fits in the 3rd. Not exonerating Eichel, but I don't know what the other Sabres forward was doing at the half-wall in the OT when Eichel lost the puck in the corner. He (Johansson?) was frozen there for a couple seconds while Foligno got the puck to T. for the game winner.

Nice job to tie it late on the PP, but from what little I saw, I can't say that BUF deserved to win this game.

3 games down, ~95 points to go.

Abraham de Lacy

Watched the condensed game this morning. Severely outplayed it seems, yet still managed to extend it into OT.

That Skinner goal was hilarious. Best goal this season so far !! :silly: (<-- do I get a point for finding this smiley?)

As a side note: I was in a frontal collision with another cyclist about two hours ago and flew over the handlebar into her helmet (I don't wear silly things like that) and only ended up with a bruise on my face, sore neck and shoulders and a hit on my left knee. She was fine.

That is nothing compared to hockey. My left knee feels a bit rickety though.

Cheers!

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Watched the condensed game this morning. Severely outplayed it seems, yet still managed to extend it into OT.

That Skinner goal was hilarious. Best goal this season so far !! :silly: (<-- do I get a point for finding this smiley?)

As a side note: I was in a frontal collision with another cyclist about two hours ago and flew over the handlebar into her helmet (I don't wear silly things like that) and only ended up with a bruise on my face, sore neck and shoulders and a hit on my left knee. She was fine.

Cheers!
Glad you're ok! And yeah it was not a very good game. Columbus was desperate and we just couldn't match it. Very interested to see how they respond.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Eichel-Olofsson
Reinhart-Skinner
MoJo-whoever didn't suck

Honestly, Larry-Sheary was who I think I would've snuck on for a shift. Larry can win the draw, Sheary has some OT prowess. Maybe put Miller out as the D-man as the shooter option and try to gain possession immediately...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Cheers!

Eeek! Keep a journal of anything out of the ordinary - if you notice something, write it down and then re-reference it. As a concussion sufferer, sometimes thinking one is okay but not being okay is a matter of noting the weirdness after the fact.

Abraham de Lacy

Eeek! Keep a journal of anything out of the ordinary - if you notice something, write it down and then re-reference it. As a concussion sufferer, sometimes thinking one is okay but not being okay is a matter of noting the weirdness after the fact.

Thanks for the concern, it is good advice. But I hope I am unbreakable .. :)

Hockey players have encounters like this every other game. I gives me perspective .. and that is why I mentioned it.

Cheers !

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
The 6 forwards I would like to see in OT are Eichel, Skinner, Reinhart, Mitts, Mojo, Olofsson

If I was doing combos I would start Eichel-Olofsson-Dahlin, then go with Skinner-Reinhart-Joker, followed by Mojo-Mitts-Risto

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015

This is kind of how I expected Krueger to handle last night and why I said that I was glad they were facing some adversity. Otherwise you can’t change the problems that only pop up in adverse times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->