GDT: Game 3 Sabres @ CBJ (10/7) (7:00 PM)

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
You could see it on Jack's face before the faceoff he was still breathing a bit heavy, needed one more shift I think.

Went 1:09 for the first shift sat for 29 seconds and right back out

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Poor game. Stole a point. Figure it out for Wednesday.

This team is permanently dangerous with Olofsson on the ice, though.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Eichel hasn't been great to start the year...we need more from him at even strength. He can't go two out of three games without points, I'm sorry.

Before the OT I thought he had been mostly pretty good in the D zone and neutral zone but just not enough offensively outside the PP. 0 points at ES in 3 games reflects that.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Please don’t tell me it was Jack with the around the glass **** again?
No, he has a sequence where he owned the puck 20 feet in front of their net. Later on in double shift he thought he was invincible, tried it again and got clowned

Reactions: Ralonzo

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
That's pretty embarrassing. Hope he learns from that
I said that to myself when he was a rookie. He seems to have both too little respect for his opponents and too much respect for his opponents at the same time. Doesn't take prime shots when he could or doesn't blow by guys when he could but will then hold on to a puck in a situation like that when he's exhausted and flat footed.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Stole a point. Came back down 2. Columbus played desperate and were on their best. And their best is not better then ours. I am actually pleased with the result. Totally outplayed and yet still got a point on the road against a desperate winless team.

Dahlin 5 points in 3 games. Rough game overall from him.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
That's the cute play that needs to be drilled out of his head. You arent in college, these are NHL players, stop trying to dummy them. Tries to clown Jones and gets sat down, then skates himself into a corner thinking hes slick enough to beat man to man coverage and they make him look stupid.

If Kruger wants to bring culture to the locker room he needs to address it. Eichel needs to play on the second line, and if he keeps doing it put him in the press box. Captain or not, you havent won s***, play like your job depends on it every shift, stop trying to do stuff that works on your summer pick up games. Damn it, it's so frustrating.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Eichel looked gassed, should not have been double shifted for 8 minutes especially when he looked like dog shit for most of those minutes. Still a terrible decision, but the better team won.

Reactions: schpaff

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
That's the cute play that needs to be drilled out of his head. You arent in college, these are NHL players, stop trying to dummy them. Tries to clown Jones and gets sat down, then skates himself into a corner thinking hes slick enough to beat man to man coverage and they make him look stupid.

If Kruger wants to bring culture to the locker room he needs to address it. Eichel needs to play on the second line, and if he keeps doing it put him in the press box. Captain or not, you havent won s***, play like your job depends on it every shift, stop trying to do stuff that works on your summer pick up games. Damn it, it's so frustrating.

Ummm, I'm pissed at Jack right now but there's a lot of horrible takes in this post.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Stole a point. Came back down 2. Columbus played desperate and were on their best. And their best is not better then ours. I am actually pleased with the result. Totally outplayed and yet still got a point on the road against a desperate winless team.

Dahlin 5 points in 3 games. Rough game overall from him.
Dahlin? He was far and away the Sabres best players tonight. One of the very few bright spots IMO.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad