Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 of the Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens series

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Gets us back on schedule to play on Saturday if needed. There b2b last playoffs as well.
And assist with catching the North up with the other divisions.

Should the Leafs make the 3rd round, you can expect the posts to point out that it is unfair that their opponent got extra rest.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Andersen will play one of them. I can't understand why the NHL scheduled back to back games, this is unfair to both Montreal and Toronto because both teams can't have their best roster and best effort.
Covid nonsense. The North teams are so far behind the rest of the league that they're trying to catch up. I agree it's ridiculous, but that'd be the reason why. Oilers and Jets play again today

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Never mind the B2B lets just hope the Refs have their money on us again to night , Montreal penalty 2 minutes for blinking lol nice to see the other team get hosed for a change eh !

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
Kinda irritated me that the Habs were saying the reason why they lost was because of all the penalties the ref's called. Not because the Leafs played a great game of pressuring the puck, not because they were out skilled / out played but because the refs. It was not the Habs who committed the PIMs it was the refs who called the game that were at fault for the loss.

I’m baffled too! Normally when something happens in a game, if it makes the difference, maybe you can complain about it.

BUT the Habs and Leafs played equal amount of ES time and the Leafs won 2-1.

So what more penalties? You think you’re going to score 3? Their fan base already acknowledges they can’t score as much as the Leafs.

I just don’t get it.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
It's a holiday Monday. Different circumstances. Golf tee time at noon, Leafs game tonight. It's a good day my friend
Apparently in Sweden, they dont care that much about Queen Victoria's birthday. So work as usuall here :(. Happy Victoria Day! or how you say over there :DD.

Reactions: Gallagbi

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I’m baffled too! Normally when something happens in a game, if it makes the difference, maybe you can complain about it.

BUT the Habs and Leafs played equal amount of ES time and the Leafs won 2-1.

So what more penalties? You think you’re going to score 3? Their fan base already acknowledges they can’t score as much as the Leafs.

I just don’t get it.

Oh let's not act all high and mighty. If the same calls went the other way, there would be more than a few here jumping up and down about the refs.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
If we are splitting the back to back which game do you put Andersen in for? I’d say tonight because worst case scenario would be losing tonight with Campbell then having to put Andersen into a must win game down 2-1

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
Oh let's not act all high and mighty. If the same calls went the other way, there would be more than a few here jumping up and down about the refs.

Cool man, when that happens I’d greatly appreciate you passing this logic down onto them.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If we are splitting the back to back which game do you put Andersen in for? I’d say tonight because worst case scenario would be losing tonight with Campbell then having to put Andersen into a must win game down 2-1
Tonight. If you're down you go back to Campbell, that determines if you split or not.

I'm interested to see what the Habs do though. Price is their guy, but Allen's played a lot this year and was brought in to basically be a 1B

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I'm not a big Andersen fan and I want him to start.

Campbell's never carried a high workload, already looked a little shaken up in Game 1 and was given the next day off for maintenance.

If we're up 2-1, roll the dice with Fred. He's got a lot to play for and is capable of playing at this level.

I definitely want someone besides Campbell tomorrow night. Don't forget at the end of this, if the Leafs are lucky enough to come out of this series on top, the schedule isn't going to get any easier. They need to compress the North playoffs as much as possible to catch up to the other divisions. There's almost no possibility where this doesn't end up with the winner of the North emerging after a grueling schedule to face a team that had a much easier time of it. Wearing out our starting goalie early on isn't a great idea...is it?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Cool man, when that happens I’d greatly appreciate you passing this logic down onto them.

sure thing......
28372228.jpg

Reactions: FelixPotvin29

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Campbell should start both games. I want no part of Andersen in the playoffs. That guy chokes at every opportunity. I'd rather have a tired Campbell over Andersen.

The shitty goals against Washington in a very winnable series to the chokes against Boston in winnable games where we dominated on ES only for him to give up a squeaker to no name players to the Foudy goal against Columbus last year. He sucks.

Reactions: Auston 316

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Lets put the pedal to the medal and do to Montreal, what Colorado and Boston did to recent Cup winners STL and WAS, and what Winnipeg is doing to Edmonton.

Take full control of this best of 5 series in these next 2 games and then finish them off thereafter.

If you want to be considered Cup contenders then its important you demonstrate and earn that reputation.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
why are we talking about splitting games in a B2B. You ride Campbell plain and simple.

I would bet that Jack gets both. Fred looked brutal in Ottawa last time. If we're up 2-1, do you want to give MTL a better chance to tie the series? If we're down 2-1, do you want to give MTL a better chance to be up 3-1? With Freddy they have a better chance to beat us. The games are far too important to gamble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad