Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 of the Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens series

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If the Leafs want to win game 3 they'll win game 3

Montreal isn't really a factor here. The team is not on the same level as the Leafs.

Price is still a factor. He can still steal games, which is a pain but should hardly be enough for them to win more than a game or two.

He is the main difference between Montreal and a team like St. Louis, who had absolutely no business being in the playoffs this year. Calgary was probably more deserving than them, never mind the Rangers and Stars. Even MTL likely beats them in a series without too much of a sweat. The fact they were a bubble team in the West says enough.

STL had injuries all year so they have the benefit of the doubt, but their window is likely coming to a close.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I hate Mondays so please play solid, find chemestry and win. Thank you...

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Hey don't be rude

Honestly if you had to pick one person to actually ignore why him? I can get his posts are hard to read but it’s not like he’s flooding threads. There are plenty of posters who flood threads with asterisks capslock and awful takes after any kind of Leafs loss that require ignoring to get through a season.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
1 am games are not best case for me... At least I can watch the 3rd, i.e. getting up at 3 am. :)

GO LEAFS GO!

I lived in the UK for a few years and can feel your pain. I went to the Maple Leaf bar in London to catch the afternoon Leafs game whenever we had one. Good times.

But thought you’d be used to the 1am games by now :laugh:

Appreciate your passion!

Reactions: SwissLeaf

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Habs have no business being in the playoffs, talentless and dirty. Any other year they likely finish out of the playoffs

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Leafs could play Toskala and still win
You got this sire :clap: In fact, toskabov would even lift our spirits even more. Now that tavares insident united us for real and for life, campbell will only get us better and stronger. Toskabov did that too. These are some special goalies. Glad we got jack now. But yeah you are right sire, we are going to score-a-lot records tonight sire. Again, and again. With our GREAT SPIRIT FOR JOHNNY AND UNITED GROUP OF HUMANS.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Honestly if you had to pick one person to actually ignore why him? I can get his posts are hard to read but it’s not like he’s flooding threads. There are plenty of posters who flood threads with asterisks capslock and awful takes after any kind of Leafs loss that require ignoring to get through a season.

It's like reading a different language that you kind of understand but don't. I'm with the other poster, it's irritating to read someone butcher the Queen's language like that.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Kinda irritated me that the Habs were saying the reason why they lost was because of all the penalties the ref's called. Not because the Leafs played a great game of pressuring the puck, not because they were out skilled / out played but because the refs. It was not the Habs who committed the PIMs it was the refs who called the game that were at fault for the loss.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
I lived in the UK for a few years and can feel your pain. I went to the Maple Leaf bar in London to catch the afternoon Leafs game whenever we had one. Good times.

But thought you’d be used to the 1am games by now :laugh:

Appreciate your passion!

There is a Maple Leafs bar in London? :)

I definitely prefer early games.... Or late games are also great as I get up at 5/5:30 anyway. However, I rather have 1 am games than no games at all... Aaand SCF games start at 8 pm, which is 2 am, i.e. I'll watch as from the start of the 2nd period.

Play/Win for JT!

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
No way in heck I'm starting Campbell in game 4. We need that man for another 3 rounds of playoffs yet and his leg already isn't at 100%.

I'd consider Rittich over Andersen though.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I’ll return the favour. There will be more playoffs after game 4. Jack Campbell has proven to have serious durability problems. I’m not sure it’s smart to risk losing him for a long period of time by playing in back to back games.
Andersen will play one of them. I can't understand why the NHL scheduled back to back games, this is unfair to both Montreal and Toronto because both teams can't have their best roster and best effort.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Andersen will play one of them. I can't understand why the NHL scheduled back to back games, this is unfair to both Montreal and Toronto because both teams can't have their best roster and best effort.
Gets us back on schedule to play on Saturday if needed. There b2b last playoffs as well.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
marner needs to be better

You can usually tell how Marner is going to play after his first few shifts. If he is buzzing there is a three point night coming. If he isn’t too noticeable he normally struggles throughout. Let’s hope he is buzzing early.

Reactions: Atomos2

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
He's got a point, though. I have way more confidence in Campbell on the second half of a back-to-back than I do a rested Freddy. Hell, I'd take Rittich or Hutch over Andersen at this point.

Okay, but the point has been beaten to death.

Threads devoted to the topic, pretty much every GDT as soon as he surrenders a goal, it's played.

I doubt you you could find more than a couple of people that want Andersen to start, but if for some reason he does, we should all be hoping he succeeds.

IMO there are far too many posters that want him to fail so they can smugly post their "I was right" pettiness.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

NHL is a joke.

they were waiting for nucks /flames to finish their season as if those games had playoff implications

f*** the NHL

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Kinda irritated me that the Habs were saying the reason why they lost was because of all the penalties the ref's called. Not because the Leafs played a great game of pressuring the puck, not because they were out skilled / out played but because the refs. It was not the Habs who committed the PIMs it was the refs who called the game that were at fault for the loss.
I'm fine with them chasing the boogeyman instead of focusing on why they were dominated and forced into penalty trouble. The more in denial they are, the better our chances.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Okay, but the point has been beaten to death.

Threads devoted to the topic, pretty much every GDT as soon as he surrenders a goal, it's played.

I doubt you you could find more than a couple of people that want Andersen to start, but if for some reason he does, we should all be hoping he succeeds.

IMO there are far too many posters that want him to fail so they can smugly post their "I was right" pettiness.
I'm not a big Andersen fan and I want him to start.

Campbell's never carried a high workload, already looked a little shaken up in Game 1 and was given the next day off for maintenance.

If we're up 2-1, roll the dice with Fred. He's got a lot to play for and is capable of playing at this level.

Reactions: egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad