GDT: Game #3 King @ Flam 7pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
I guess technically you can't challenge high sticking on any random play, when he hit it into the net with the second shot it wasn't a high stick

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah, I'll take the point. Horrible first half of the game, and frustrating penalty by Sam... Great games for the most part by Ras, Kylington, Mangiapane, and Tkachuk.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Whatever...

Bennett... yeah, I really think he’s shown he doesn’t deserve that top 6 spot after all.

Reactions: DFF

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Didn't end up affecting things much, but game management strikes again. Dozens of penalties ignored down the stretch because of the penalty disparity, and they invent one call and give another on the Flames to try to even things up instead of allowing penalties called to match infractions committed.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well probably didn't deserve much more than a point after no showing for half the game.

Tkachuk was great and shows that we do have potential outside of the top line but we need guys to play with him. Bennett wasn't great but is still the best of some bad options.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Didn't end up affecting things much, but game management strikes again. Dozens of penalties ignored down the stretch because of the penalty disparity, and they invent one call and give another on the Flames to try to even things up instead of allowing penalties called to match infractions committed.

That Bennett call was clearly a penalty

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I guess technically you can't challenge high sticking on any random play, when he hit it into the net with the second shot it wasn't a high stick
You can now, they changed it this summer. Apparently the Kings weren't willing to risk a penalty if they were wrong

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I will say the flames coming back to take a point was beyond miraculous after that first period. Flames need to wake the f*** up. Those last two periods are flames hockey, not whatever the f*** happened in the first.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Take the point and run. It is clear as a hot summer day, that this needs a top 6 forward(preferably a center.)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I love me some Sam Bennett, but I do think it’s time to see what else is out there. Two dumb penalties, hasn’t been able to stick. Can’t have a guy around just for the preseason and postseason. If so, you have to commit to him just being a bottom 6 energy guy.

Matty is f***ing impressive. It sucks Bennett didn’t pan out, because this team would be absurd had he.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Same as the Rantanen goal. High stick (over the cross-bar) putting the puck into the net is reviewable. High stick (over the shoulder) outside of that situation is not.
The Avs one was not reviewable because it was in the neutral zone. This one was but the Kings would have been risking a GA and a SH situation if they were wrong

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That Bennett call was clearly a penalty
Indeed, as were the blatant trips committed on Flames behind their own net, in the neutral zone and in the offensive zone. But at the time, the Flames had had 3 PPs to one the other way.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Well probably didn't deserve much more than a point after no showing for half the game.

Tkachuk was great and shows that we do have potential outside of the top line but we need guys to play with him. Bennett wasn't great but is still the best of some bad options.

No keep Bennett away from Tkachuk

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Avs one was not reviewable because it was in the neutral zone. This one was but the Kings would have been risking a GA and a SH situation if they were wrong
Well, actually yes I remembered that correction. However, given this was in the last minute, it would have been reviewed by Toronto automatically. Coaches can't challenge in the last minute or OT.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well, actually yes I remembered that correction. However, given this was in the last minute, it would have been reviewed by Toronto automatically. Coaches can't challenge in the last minute or OT.
There was 1:04 left at the time of the goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad