GDT: Game #3 King @ Flam 7pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Really impressed by Tkachuk of course, but Rasmus was in the centre of absolutely everything good this game, starting back in the second period. What a guy.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Didn't see the first 4 goals in this game so can't really comment on that but Kylington-Andersson looked great tonight. Tkachuk and Mangiapane did too.

Giordano, Gaudreau, Bennett, and Lindholm not so much. Monahan was strong on the puck though.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Bennett busting and the trade down to pick frickin Jankowski really screwed this franchise

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No keep Bennett away from Tkachuk

Well Tkachuk can't play on a line by himself and there aren't any better options to play him with unless we are taking Gaudreau off the top line and hoping he can carry a line all on his own.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well Tkachuk can't play on a line by himself and there aren't any better options to play him with unless we are taking Gaudreau off the top line and hoping he can carry a line all on his own.
Mangiapane was fantastic on that line tonight. Happy to give him that role for a while and see what happens.

Reactions: LDN

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Really impressed by Tkachuk of course, but Rasmus was in the centre of absolutely everything good this game, starting back in the second period. What a guy.

I thought Hanifin and Kylington had better games than Ras too (if they were 9/10 he was 8/10), the three of them are all so good. The future is bright on the back end.

Hamonic has been pretty terrible these three games.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Mangiapane was fantastic on that line tonight. Happy to give him that role for a while and see what happens.

I am not a fan of his and didn't think he was that great tonight. I guess we can try him but I don't see anything in his game to want him in a top 6 role or anywhere near Tkachuk.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

absolute STUD.
His confidence is something else too.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Classic game! Tkachuck with his type of game. That was just like it was meant to be lol of course Doughty scored the GWG.....They need to play more of this style for sure

Reactions: super6646

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Who could have we picked, of we did not trade down in the Jankowski draft?

Girgensons
Ceci
Hertl
Tom Wilson
Teravainen
Vasilevsky
Scott Laughton

All better players than Jankowski. Although Gigensons is probably equal with neither guy really being who you want with your first round pick.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I thought Hanifin and Kylington had better games than Ras too (if they were 9/10 he was 8/10), the three of them are all so good. The future is bright on the back end.

Hamonic has been pretty terrible these three games.

Oliver had a couple bad giveaways, again, he’s a frustrating player. Super poised, offensively talented, speed to burn... but just can’t figure out how to safely do things in his own end.

So far he’s been solid for Calgary though. Much better than Andy Mac would have been.:laugh:

Reactions: Steven

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I know @Lunatik and I have agreed on less than nothing over the past couple years, but it’s pretty clear Bennett just isn’t a consistent top 6 player at this point. Idk if it was the playoffs or something that made people here forget, but Bennett was all but stapled to that 2nd line for a good 20 games last year and just didn’t have the production. This year shows it again with the one man show he tries to pull off, and the dumb penalties he takes at the most inopportune times. He has his place on the third line, but I think mangiapane (and dube at some point) should be getting the reps at this point.

Anyway, flames should take that point and f***ing run. Not impressed whatsoever with that first period, and the third period magic only works so many times.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Girgensons
Ceci
Hertl
Tom Wilson
Teravainen
Vasilevsky
Scott Laughton

All better players than Jankowski. Although Gigensons is probably equal with neither guy really being who you want with your first round pick.

f***, Vasilevsky or Hertl would have been nice. f*** you Feaster.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I know @Lunatik and I have agreed on less than nothing over the past couple years, but it’s pretty clear Bennett just isn’t a consistent top 6 player at this point. Idk if it was the playoffs or something that made people here forget, but Bennett was all but stapled to that 2nd line for a good 20 games last year and just didn’t have the production. This year shows it again with the one man show he tries to pull off, and the dumb penalties he takes at the most inopportune times. He has his place on the third line, but I think mangiapane (and dube at some point) should be getting the reps at this point.

Anyway, flames should take that point and ****ing run. Not impressed whatsoever with that first period, and the third period magic only works so many times.

Every time I think about the highest pick in Flames history I cry. We are not the Oilers where we can waste high picks like spending loonies in a strip club.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Also one last point: GET JANKOWSKI TF OUT OF THE PK. I’ll admit I’m not the best x’s and o’s guy, but I know for certain you shouldn’t be allowing cross crease and high danger passes like hey wire through you. He had one use last year and he’s been terrible at it so far. If the flames are in the hunt, I’m using him as tradebait at the deadline with a pick.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Girgensons
Ceci
Hertl
Tom Wilson
Teravainen
Vasilevsky
Scott Laughton

At the time of the draft, Girgensons, Matta and Teravainen. Obviously Taravainen would have been great...Matta wouldnt be bad

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Also one last point: GET JANKOWSKI TF OUT OF THE PK. I’ll admit I’m not the best x’s and o’s guy, but I know for certain you shouldn’t be allowing cross crease and high danger passes like hey wire through you. He had one use last year and he’s been terrible at it so far. If the flames are in the hunt, I’m using him as tradebait at the deadline with a pick.

Get Jankowski out of the lineup ...period.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I’d honestly consider Gawdin or whoever in Stockton over him at this point.

Yeah for a bottom line guy, he brings no energy.

Time for him to sit and think, They need more hungry players. That first period was pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->