GDT: Game #3| Jan. 22, 2013|Flyers at Devils |7:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbr2

Lockout Beard
Mar 12, 2008
NJ
I think Lavy is trying for some of that Age related black magic we saw out of Dallas and Anahiem this weekend....

Don't think we'll see it.

I'm open to getting the offense going though, whatever it takes.

Starting 0-3 is in a shortened season putting themselves behind an 8-ball early. Wont be the end of the world as I suspect this board will react if that happens.

Except all 3 of those older players have been goal scorers their entire career. Rusty not so much. He's been an energy guy for various teams.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Fedotenko in the top nine? Ewww.

We win due to the dancing large fellow from our home games (iirc his name is Shawn) sabotaging Brodeurs pads.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I fedetenko is in the top 2 lines, I will rage so hard.

If he is in the top line, I will jump ship to Toughfighter83's views on laviolette

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
Would love to see some fights tonight. The elder Schenn beating up Kovy would be nice so Devils fans can stop bragging about the fight against Brayden.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Putting Fed anywhere but the 3rd is dumb.

In the long run I mean. I understand the demotion doghouse game.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Would love to see some fights tonight. The elder Schenn beating up Kovy would be nice so Devils fans can stop bragging about the fight against Brayden.

Kovalchuk would probably light Luke up just as he did Brayden. Luke is not a very polished fighter and Kovalchuk is definitely no slouche.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
That second line is just brutal. I like the 3rd a lot better and the 4th line will probably be just as good.

I understand that we want to run 4 lines, but it's not like Fedetenko has done anything to earn a two line jump.

It's all experimentation at this point, but I just don't like the drastic wholesale changes. Other than Hartnell and Giroux, how many of those players have played together in the past?

CootaRoo

Oct 18, 2012
I like Talbot dropping to the 4th line as a motivational demotion (the guy has been playing bad, [and most importantly] stupid hockey the first 2 games so far - how many turnovers at the opposition blueline on the PK does he have now?), but Laughton and Simmonds should be getting rewarded for strong play, yet instead find themselves 'demoted' for Fed (who has been playing okay for his role, but not great) and McGinn (in his NHL debut).

I would've liked (based on merit from the first 2 games) to see something like:
Hart-Roo-Sim (promotion for Simmonds)
Schenn-Laughton-Voracek (promotion for Laughton)
Read-Cooter-Wellwood (demotion for Read/Cooter [who have been invisible] and promotion for Wellwood [who at least skates hard])
Fed-Talbot-Rinaldo (major demotion for Talbot - wake up man, we need ya!)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Really hoping when Briere comes back feds and talbot are on the 4th line

Me too, a 4th line with those two is ideal. I don't like them in the top 9, even though talbot put up great numbers last yr and fed has in the past relatively speaking of course, I think they're better suited for the 4th line. I do think Laughton is underrated offensively so i'm ok with having him up on the 3rd line

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Other than the first one, the lines look weird and I find it hard to picture them being offensive threats. I guess we'll see how that goes, though.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
The logic of having Feds on the 2nd line and Simmonds on the 3rd is simply to equilibrate these two lines imo. They are like "the two middle lines", not the 2nd and the 3rd.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Hopefully there is some chemistry with the line shake ups, would be nice to give Bryz some support tonight

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Devils will be playing their same style as last years playoffs. This will give our defense even more fits and if we can't deal with it this will be a 5-1 loss.
If we can adjust tonight and put some pressure on ourselves, we win 4-2 with a pair from Giroux, and Simmer and Mesz adding the other 2.

DevilChuk*

I'll be at this one 12 rows off the ice in the corner behind Brodeur. Would love to spoil their banner celebration ceremony. LET'S GO FLYERS!!! :handclap: :yo:

Dropped in to wish you guys good luck tonight.

We won't be celebrating any banner btw, we only celebrate SC wins. Banner is already hung up and uncovered. At best, you'll probably just see some highlight reel of last year's run and a quick spotlight on the banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad