GDT: Game 3: Islanders VS Team needing to flip the switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks it’s incredibly stupid to put pinho in a game like this? Reirden can mix it up and do a lot better than that. Pinho??!!?! If you’re going to throw a random with zero experience playing for caps - put cmm in at least.

Trotz has to be laughing his ass off seeing this team he’s against now...
While I agree it would normally be stupid, Boyd has been absolutely atrocious and I think Pinho will actually bring more to the team even if he’s not as skilled.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Fehervary is the one I'm most interested in, I'm not totally on the Sprong train. I think the one thiing this team is missing is young fire, none of our veterans look like they have that desire for the grind right now.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Fehervary is the one I'm most interested in, I'm not totally on the Sprong train. I think the one thiing this team is missing is young fire, none of our veterans look like they have that desire for the grind right now.

I think Sprong has always started very well for new teams. Hopefully continues...

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Yanno, everyone's lamenting the "fall of Kempny" and how he was never the same after the injury. Isn't there just as much a chance that he just went on a heater at the right time?

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Man, Kovalchuk should have been sat down and Panik bumped up for at least a game. Get a spark plug on the 4th line, change it up.

That 3rd pair is spooky. Imagine if we still had Djoos. :(

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Man, Kovalchuk should have been sat down and Panik bumped up for at least a game. Get a spark plug on the 4th line, change it up.

That 3rd pair is spooky. Imagine if we still had Djoos. :(
I would assume the forward group is on a short leash. Could see a lot of rearranging mid game.

Also, Fehrevary and Gudas had very good advanced stats together this year. Gudas was also his most common partner, so it gives him some familiarity.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I feel like we need more speed and not more size. So what do we do...insert Pinho and not CMM. Obviously we do not see the kids practicing...maybe CMM really is not ready?

Jarias2311

Feb 2, 2020
What’s a quick scouting report on Pinho? Don’t follow Hershey like that besides the young guns.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
giphy.gif

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
What’s a quick scouting report on Pinho? Don’t follow Hershey like that besides the young guns.
Good size and puck possession...slow but not worse than Oshie...OK shot and pretty good vision. I think his ceiling is really good 4th liner like Beagle.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I feel like we need more speed and not more size. So what do we do...insert Pinho and not CMM. Obviously we do not see the kids practicing...maybe CMM really is not ready?
Pinho is tenacious on the puck and smart defensively. Good skater as well although likely not as fast as CMM. The tenacity and smarts are probably just as needed as the speed right now.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I like inserting Fehervary and removing Kempny but I don't understand Gudas for Siegenthaler. I'm sure it's because of GRIT but that is a really stupid reason to put him in the lineup.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I like inserting Fehervary and removing Kempny but I don't understand Gudas for Siegenthaler. I'm sure it's because of GRIT but that is a really stupid reason to put him in the lineup.
Is there a reason AA isn't in the lineup over both of them? Is it another ELC thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad