Pre-Game Talk: Game 3: Help us Obi Price, you are all we got

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
DD out? Galchenyuk at centre? Eller as #1 centre with Patches?

So many questions. How will the team respond - this could be a defining game for not only the series but the entire team's vibe heading into next season.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Price will probably come out and win game 3 almost on his own. Then, who knows what happens in game 4 since the team will have to win that one, and not just one player.

Defend The Price

Mar 2, 2015
Montreal
I don't how Price can steal us a game. If no one scores and we don't take advantage of our powerplay, then we will lose at some point. Taking stupid penalties don't help either.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Let the miracle begin :sarcasm:

No honestly they're done. Tampa is just that damn good.

Go habs Go anyway! You never know.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Well it sure looks like it's the world against us.

Big obstacle to overcome but surely possible. Let's just get the next win and go from there.

Jesus Price will need to make miracles happen and Subban/Markov/Pacioretty/Plekanec/Galchenyuk/Eller will need to perform to their capabilities and restore the little ounce of faith that's left and that's hanging by a cliff with a scotch tape.

And Therrien will need to stop being Therrien. :D

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Our only hope is game two made Tampa overconfident, not too dissimilar to how we were against Ottawa. We absolutely cannot take stupid penalties. (Looking at you, Prust.)

Oh, AND SCORE DAMN GOALS GDI

Analyzer*

Therrien saying DD could play in Tampa - per TheScore app

wooohooooo, YES !

:sarcasm:

Apparently he isn't making the trip to Tampa.

Since Hammond stop being in goal, the habs have scored 2 goals, or less.

Way to address the needs, Bergevin.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
What bothered me the most about these first two games is that it's a repeat of 2013 where the guys weren't focused and were all over the place emotionally. They lost their composure. I thought that it was what we were going to do to THEM. I thought we were going to hit them a lot, hit them hard, bother them after whistles, that Prust would play a big role in this. But instead, they got into our heads and we lost our composure. It's disappointing.

The only good news out of all of this is that if we win the next one, then we're going to play again the next day and the bolts might still be reeling from that loss without much time to prepare. If we lose.. then we're done so ... whatever. But yeah, seeing how the guys were completely off their game after the 1-1 goal... it doesn't bode well for the rest of the playoffs. Felt like they gave up after Subban's penalty... And our weak forward group is a huge issue.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What bothered me the most about these first two games is that it's a repeat of 2013 where the guys weren't focused and were all over the place emotionally. They lost their composure. I thought that it was what we were going to do to THEM. I thought we were going to hit them a lot, hit them hard, bother them after whistles, that Prust would play a big role in this. But instead, they got into our heads and we lost our composure. It's disappointing.

The only good news out of all of this is that if we win the next one, then we're going to play again the next day and the bolts might still be reeling from that loss without much time to prepare. If we lose.. then we're done so ... whatever. But yeah, seeing how the guys were completely off their game after the 1-1 goal... it doesn't bode well for the rest of the playoffs. Felt like they gave up after Subban's penalty... And our weak forward group is a huge issue.

****** PP still doesn't bother you?
We don't need it ?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
As bad as this team has been in 4 of the last 5 games, if they win game #3 in Tampa, they're clearly not done. There is still hope!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
****** PP still doesn't bother you?
We don't need it ?

We had 3 PP last game. If we had been 100% on the PP, we would have lost the game 6-5.

PK is a much bigger issue than the PP.
Lack of 5v5 scoring is a much bigger issue than the PP.

Why are you following me around making dumb replies to my posts about stuff I have said in other threads with barely the most tenuous of link ? It's obnoxious.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We had 3 PP last game. If we had been 100% on the PP, we would have lost the game 6-5.

PK is a much bigger issue than the PP.
Lack of 5v5 scoring is a much bigger issue than the PP.

Why are you following me around making dumb replies to my posts about stuff I have said in other threads with barely the most tenuous of link ? It's obnoxious.

I'm not following you around don't flatter yourself. ;)
The PP is a direct indicator of how well a team executes basics.
The coach who you continually defend is responsible.
Why do we have an NHL team who can't execute odd man situations.
Not only powerplays but all odd man situations.

Scoring on the PP would have had us up 2-0 and maybe a different outcome.
The team folded like a wet tent in a wind storm The very second their PP scored.
So i can't credit anything you say after your DUMB take on the powerplay. :p:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
They are only down two games boys and girls.

The fickleness on here is insane. They go up 3-0 on the Sens and everybody is happy with the brooms out (myself included) they lose two and it blows up.

The atmosphere was shaky going into this series, but c'mon, as fans can we not support them until the dying minute?

It isn't over until the fat lady sings GO HABS GO

HabsDieHard*

Habs also had 2 early 2nd period power plays they could have taken the lead off of.

Instead they managed no offensvie pressure of any kind, and were on their heels all period long.

The interesting thing is how the people who defend Therrien so quickly use his tactic of placing the blame on anyone else for any shortcomings.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
all we need to do is scrape out one win and we're back in. We could've lost 11-0 last game and it only counts for one L.

Yeah, and fortunately all those PP goals we allowed aren't counted on the players +/-. We can still brag about being a good defensive team. We can't score though but don't say it too loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad