Pre-Game Talk: Game #3 (finally!) - Canucks @ Oilers - Friday October 17th 630pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
:nucks @ :edmonton

Where: Rexall Arena, Edmonton AB
When: The Eve of Friday, the 17th day of the 10th month
Time: Half past 6 chimes in the evening hour (pacific daylight savings time)

Lineups (unconfirmed)

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Radim Vrbata
Chris Higgins - Nick Bonino - Alex Burrows
Brad Richardson - Linden Vey - Zack Kassian
Derek Dorsett - Shawn Matthias - Jannik Hansen

Alex Edler - Chris Tanev
Dan Hamhuis - Luca Sbisa
Ryan Stanton - Kevin Bieksa

Eddie Lack
Ryan Miller

----------

Edmonton Oilers

Taylor Hall-Marc Arcobello-Teddy Purcell
Benoit Pouliot-Leon Draisaitl-Nail Yakupov
David Perron-Bogdan Yakimov-Jesse Joensuu
Matt Hendricks-Boyd Gordon-Will Acton

Nikita Nikitin-Mark Fayne
Brad Hunt-Justin Schultz
Andrew Ference-Darnell Nurse

Ben Scrivens
???

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Looks like Yakimov has been sent back down and we'll be playing our good ole buddy Pinizzotto.

With the way the Oilers are playing right now a loss would be kind of embarrassing for the Canucks, I hope the boys show up for this one.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
@CamTucker_Metro 9 mins
#Canucks Bo Horvat: "I was getting a little stressed out being off the ice for so long after a good preseason..."

@benkuzma 5 mins
Desjardins: "Bo (Horvat) looked good, but it (practice) is not the same intensity as a game. It's a step in the right direction.

@benkuzma 5 mins
Desjardins: "I like Bo at centre and we have a lot of centres. It's a challenge. Somebody will have to go to the wing."

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
I really hope he gets a chance to play against Edmonton Friday. It would be the best way to ease him into the lineup against a tired and weak team.

He won't have played a game in 2 weeks now so I don't know if I would want to throw him in against TB to start.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The Oilers are a complete mess. This is another one the Canucks should win. The Canucks have been very lucky to start with such a weak schedule...could be a confidence builder, or it could be fools gold. Either way, I'm hoping Friday's game is just as entertaining as Saturdays supposedly was (missed it as I was at the Lions game).

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
This season is going to be a tough one, lots of tough competition in the West. Clearly stating the obvious here, but can't be relinquishing points against the Oilers who seem to be still sorting things out.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
The Oilers are a complete mess. This is another one the Canucks should win. The Canucks have been very lucky to start with such a weak schedule...could be a confidence builder, or it could be fools gold. Either way, I'm hoping Friday's game is just as entertaining as Saturdays supposedly was (missed it as I was at the Lions game).

I think it is a well the schedule, in fact I say it must be good. No one on the team will be fooled by meeting weak teams at the very start of the season. It is just a good progression, a continuation of the pre-season this.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Lack's first game most likely?

Bet he gets a SO.

Don't see any reason at all this would be Lack's start.

The fact that our schedule is this sparse to begin with...is exactly why we'll probably need Lack to step up bigtime later in the year when our schedule will compensate for this early lull, with a murderer's row of compact games vs tough teams.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'd take Hansen out and run a 4th line of Dorset - Horvat - Kassian with Matthias up to the 3rd line. ZK needs the kick in the pants and Matthias needs to show that he can skate harder than he has been. If it doesn't work you can juggle from there.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If Horvat is ready to go...i swap him in to that 4th line between Matthias and Dorsett, let Hansen sit for a game and remember that he's got players breathing down his neck for minutes and game time. Just like the ol' days when he finally started to "get it" with that Honey Badger attitude.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Don't see any reason at all this would be Lack's start.

The fact that our schedule is this sparse to begin with...is exactly why we'll probably need Lack to step up bigtime later in the year when our schedule will compensate for this early lull, with a murderer's row of compact games vs tough teams.

WD said Miller won't be playing any back to backs and I highly doubt they play Lack over Miller against Tampa. Miller's played against them many more times.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Hey guys... I'm wondering if anyone else caught this last game...

The Sedins get caught on the ice for icing... they go back and someone other than Henrik goes in to initially take the draw.... Henrik then grabs the guy takes his place with a sheepish smile on his face as the linesman quickly scolds him for delaying the puck drop... puck is dropped, play continues...

To me it exemplified exactly why they changed the icing faceoff rule...

I think the guy going in to take the draw was about to do the reflexive delay/get waived out/buy a few seconds/let Henrik come in and take the draw...
Henrik looked like he remembered the rule change last second there and got himself in there to take the draw....

Anyone else remember seeing this?
Am i such a geek that I'm alone on this really cracking me up?

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Hey guys... I'm wondering if anyone else caught this last game...

The Sedins get caught on the ice for icing... they go back and someone other than Henrik goes in to initially take the draw.... Henrik then grabs the guy takes his place with a sheepish smile on his face as the linesman quickly scolds him for delaying the puck drop... puck is dropped, play continues...

To me it exemplified exactly why they changed the icing faceoff rule...

I think the guy going in to take the draw was about to do the reflexive delay/get waived out/buy a few seconds/let Henrik come in and take the draw...
Henrik looked like he remembered the rule change last second there and got himself in there to take the draw....

Anyone else remember seeing this?
Am i such a geek that I'm alone on this really cracking me up?

I missed this .... what was the rule change?

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I missed this .... what was the rule change?

A team can only use one guy to take the faceoff after an icing call against them. If he makes 2 infractions then it's a delay of game penalty.

This was in response to the winger slotting in to the faceoff and getting waved out on purpose trying to buy time for the line to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad