Pre-Game Talk: Game #3 (finally!) - Canucks @ Oilers - Friday October 17th 630pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
With Horvat

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Higgins - Bonino - Burrows
Richardson - Vey - Kassian
Matthias - Horvat - Dorsett

Without Horvat

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Higgins - Bonino - Burrows
Richardson - Vey - Kassian
Dorsett - Matthias - Hansen

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Where do you guys get possession stats? Need to see Hansen and Matthias' numbers for some kind of piece of mind.

edit: then I suddenly realize they've probably played every EV shift together...

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
How many points will the Sedins and Vrbata put up? It's going to loo like a scrimmage against a beer league team when they are on the ice

Jun 15, 2014
Absolutely agree. For some reason the new cool thing to do in Canuck land is to **** on Jannik Hansen while there is literally no good reason for doing so.

This.

Everyone's gotta relax, lets not forget the Hansen we know and love.

Matthias has been meh, but I don't dislike the guy, I would just rather take him out over Hansen for Horvat.

C'mon, we all love Hansen when he gets on a roll. :nod:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
There's just way too many reasons why we should win this

So the Oilers are gonna light us up

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Hansen started showing energy at the end of the last game but either him or Matthais can come out of the lineup as a reminder that they need ti give their all each and every shift, they not top sixers so in their time they need to give it.

:: latent Benoit Pouliot offensive zone penalty at crucial point in game ::

Sounds about right

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
113636-I-have-a-very-bad-feeling-abou-iRfb.gif

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Let's hope Eakins keeps Yakupov's ice time below 10 minutes

He's looking pretty dangerous this season

That's assuming Eakins is still around by then.

What is the quickest a coach has been canned into a season? I think there was a really quick one just a couple of years back.

Anyways, imo, it's a matter of when and not if this season for Eakins.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
That's assuming Eakins is still around by then.

What is the quickest a coach has been canned into a season? I think there was a really quick one just a couple of years back.

Anyways, imo, it's a matter of when and not if this season for Eakins.

After a 0-3 start of the 2013-2014 season by the Philadelphia Flyers, Laviolette was fired October 7, 2013. He was replaced by assistant coach, Craig Berube

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
I'd much rather bench hansen than Matthias.

Agreed, Honeybadger has had a few gaffs early in the season..

On the first Calgary goal, Hansen was covering at the left point.

Unfortunately, the Dane decided to fall down while the Flames broke down the ice and scored.

On the next one Hansen was on the right boards in his own zone when Edler sent the puck around to him in hopes he could get it out of the zone. Instead Hansen was in total panic mode, given his hands and the fact he was being pressured by the Flames defender, so he launched the puck back to a stunned Edler. It went off the defender’s stick directly in front of the net and promptly behind Ryan Miller.

While Matthias has been playing with much more confidence especially with forechecking and on the PK.

Up to willie though, even with Janniks 'errors' he only benched Hansen for one shift and the put back out there to redeem himself, be interesting to see what coach willie does when Horvat is ready to play.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Hansen started showing energy at the end of the last game but either him or Matthais can come out of the lineup as a reminder that they need ti give their all each and every shift, they not top sixers so in their time they need to give it.

Sounds about right

Better keep Hansen in for this game. If there is any game where he should get a second chance to get into the game it is against the Oilers (Lightning and Stars coming up).

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
What kind of meltdown are we looking at if we were to loose this one.

To be honest I thought we would loose the last one, unlike the kings who seem hell bent on burying the oilers for daring to even play them, the canucks always seem to try to take these games off because its the oilers. Luckily they realized they were loosing after the first period and turned it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad