GDT: Game 3 | Ducks at Stars, 6:30 PDT (8:30 Central!) | Unpublished Skeletal Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Ducks did not dominate at home. Other than period 1 in game 1 I never had the feeling the Ducks controlled the game. Not the physical aspect nor the tempo. We edged out victories at home and in a very inconvincing matter.

When the Ducks were not protecting the lead, they were all over them. Outside of the first 10 minutes of game 2, the Ducks dominated them until the third. In the first game, they were all over the Stars, hence the 4-0 lead. They took the foot off pedal and almost let Dallas come back.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Expected that after games 1 and 2. Ducks were not good in them either, just really lucky. Now Dallas is just pushing them around and the Ducks are unable to respond physically. We'd need a Pronger/Stevens kind of player now to really cause some havoc.

This will get ugly now.

By your logic, Dallas was really lucky tonight. Ducks carried the play in the first two, just couldn't get one by Lehtonen. Third was a bit of a struggle, but the chances were still there.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
This reminds me way too much of the loss of Lydman last season. Hope they can rally and learn from last years mistakes.
It has shades of it, but I think that Lydman was having a bigger impact when he went down - not saying that Robidas hasn't been important.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
I really don't see that at all. For the most part, I thought Anaheim carried the play more than Dallas. The Stars took advantage of some mistakes, and Anaheim let Dallas draw them into silly stuff. Lehtonen also out-played Andersen tonight.

This is the right quote :laugh:

I guess saying they were all over them wasn't quite the right way to say it. Dallas capitalized on the mistakes the Ducks made and did a great job getting under the twins skin

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
When the Ducks were not protecting the lead, they were all over them. Outside of the first 10 minutes of game 2, the Ducks dominated them until the third. In the first game, they were all over the Stars, hence the 4-0 lead. They took the foot off pedal and almost let Dallas come back.

I did not see Ducks domination other than period one of game 1. Dallas looked nervous then but more than hold their own after that. IMO Ducks didn't take their foot off the pedal, they retreated the moment Dallas fought back.

By your logic, Dallas was really lucky tonight. Ducks carried the play in the first two, just couldn't get one by Lehtonen. Third was a bit of a struggle, but the chances were still there.

What? The Stars were imposing their will on the Ducks, pushing an bullying them around at will. Yeah Ducks got a lot of shots on goal but not even 1/3 of them were quality shots. Dallas wasn't lucky, they played well.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
if this isn't an ad hominem argument i don't know what is

It's just a reminder of this Vatenan insanity you and angelduck have been spreading since last year. Now you go there again. Tonight's game wasn't lost because of a lack of offense. Opportunities were there. They just didn't get converted. Nor is there any proof Sami would have provided any game winning offense anyway. And his poor D absolutely would have been exploited on the road. But according to you, any time the Ducks lose without Sami, that is the sole reason why.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
This is the right quote :laugh:

I guess saying they were all over them wasn't quite the right way to say it. Dallas capitalized on the mistakes the Ducks made and did a great job getting under the twins skin

I definitely agree with that. Dallas was opportunistic tonight(this is where other fans would accuse us of being lucky, but opportunistic is more accurate, I think), and I felt like they threw Getz a bit off his game. But, I really, really feel like Lehtonen decided the game for Dallas tonight. I just think the Ducks could have gotten past it, and they didn't.

I think DVM made a good point regarding Robidas too. An injury like that can be a distraction. I won't speculate that it was the difference, but I do think it could have contributed.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
I did not see Ducks domination other than period one of game 1. Dallas looked nervous then but more than hold their own after that. IMO Ducks didn't take their foot off the pedal, they retreated the moment Dallas fought back.

What? The Stars were imposing their will on the Ducks, pushing an bullying them around at will. Yeah Ducks got a lot of shots on goal but not even 1/3 of them were quality shots. Dallas wasn't lucky, they played well.
You don't know what you are talking about.. The Ducks tried to turtle their 4-0 lead but did it horribly. It was very obvious that the Ducks took their foot off the pedal when they had a comfortable lead. And you must not have watched the game if you don't think a lot of those shots were quality opportunities. Kari stood on his head, and it was expected since he is capable of stealing a game or two in a series.

It's hilarious you are saying how Ducks are lucky the first two games but not Dallas this game, you say it's because they played well? You sound like Corey Masisak. You bought into all that media nonsense that Ducks are lucky whenever they win but fair when they lose I see.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
I definitely agree with that. Dallas was opportunistic tonight(this is where other fans would accuse us of being lucky, but opportunistic is more accurate, I think), and I felt like they threw Getz a bit off his game. But, I really, really feel like Lehtonen decided the game for Dallas tonight. I just think the Ducks could have gotten past it, and they didn't.

I think DVM made a good point regarding Robidas too. An injury like that can be a distraction. I won't speculate that it was the difference, but I do think it could have contributed.

Yeah that would have distracted me.

When they did have Lehtonen beat, they missed the net. Missed a few open nets.

Silf needs to pot one and get his confidence back

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
It's just a reminder of this Vatenan insanity you and angelduck have been spreading since last year. Now you go there again. Tonight's game wasn't lost because of a lack of offense. Opportunities were there. They just didn't get converted. Nor is there any proof Sami would have provided any game winning offense anyway. And his poor D absolutely would have been exploited on the road. But according to you, any time the Ducks lose without Sami, that is the sole reason why.
heh, my biggest beef last post-season was hillers derpiness, vatanen was well down on the list

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

That could be said about a lot of Dallas' shots in games 1 and 2, weren't a ton of very scary ones. All in all, Dallas went all out for this one and got it done on the back of a great goaltending performance. This was hardly coming, as you are suggesting. They stepped up their effort and emotions in a must-win game, they didn't keep with their game plan from the first two games. Can they keep that going? I guess we'll see Wednesday night.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
You don't know what you are talking about.. The Ducks tried to turtle their 4-0 lead but did it horribly. It was very obvious that the Ducks took their foot off the pedal when they had a comfortable lead. And you must not have watched the game if you don't think a lot of those shots were quality opportunities. Kari stood on his head, and it was expected since he is capable of stealing a game or two in a series.

It's hilarious you are saying how Ducks are lucky the first two games but not Dallas this game, you say it's because they played well? You sound like Corey Masisak. You bought into all that media nonsense that Ducks are lucky whenever they win but fair when they lose I see.

I don't buy into any media nonsense, because I don't even get hockey media in my country. And I don't even know who Masisak is. Maybe you should take the Ducks glasses off and see the games for what they were. For three games now Dallas looked like the more dangerous team. Anaheim was lucky enough to capitalize 3 times on their jitters in period 1 of game 1. They didn't take their foot off the pedal. If you do so you are able to pick it up again anytime you want to. Ducks could not.

And FYI I did watch the game, not sure what you qualify as quality chances, but in reality there were few. Ducks made a ton of meaningless shots.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I thought the Allen - Fistric pairing looked awesome in regular season, I'd like to see those 2 paired up together next game.

That might be a bad thing against as fast as team as Dallas is. Losing Robi is huge for us, unfortunately...

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I don't buy into any media nonsense, because I don't even get hockey media in my country. And I don't even know who Masisak is. Maybe you should take the Ducks glasses off and see the games for what they were. For three games now Dallas looked like the more dangerous team. Anaheim was lucky enough to capitalize 3 times on their jitters in period 1 of game 1. They didn't take their foot off the pedal. If you do so you are able to pick it up again anytime you want to. Ducks could not.

And FYI I did watch the game, not sure what you qualify as quality chances, but in reality there were few. Ducks made a ton of meaningless shots.

If you're trying to suggest the Ducks didn't take their foot off the pedal in game 1, then wow, I really don't know what to tell you. They went into a total defensive shell after the fourth goal, and fortunately weren't burned by it. For you to say that, I would seriously question if you even watched the game, or even understand a hockey game, it's an asinine thing to say.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
If you're trying to suggest the Ducks didn't take their foot off the pedal in game 1, then wow, I really don't know what to tell you. They went into a total defensive shell after the fourth goal, and fortunately weren't burned by it. For you to say that, I would seriously question if you even watched the game, or even understand a hockey game, it's an asinine thing to say.

Want the proof. How long did Dallas go in third without a shot on goal in the first game? if that doesn't scream protect the lead then hell, I don't what know does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad