GDT: Game 3 | Ducks at Stars, 6:30 PDT (8:30 Central!) | Unpublished Skeletal Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Out shooting the other team and getting out-goalied is coaching? Multiple Ducks missed open nets. That's not coaching, it's execution.
You spent 3/4 of the game complaining about Devo on the top line. He has the say on who is out there. I'll give Lehtonen a strong first, but the team looked rough past that period. He needs to shake it up if the lines aren't working. He hesitated far too long to make those changes.

ducks4grt

Oct 27, 2009
Koivu is done. Silf is bad and Imo maroon playing poor. Bring the kids Etem, Rakell. Sbisa or Vats or may be both

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Nothing to worry about for Anaheim yet, losing Robidas sucks, but Fistric should come in and add more of an edge to our team which given how Dallas are playing, is needed.

Don't think BB was outcoached, it seemed to be working quite well considering we carried a large chunk of the play. Sometimes goaltenders just stand on their head. If Saku or Silf scored their chances early on, this game is completely different.

Still the biggest issue with Anaheim is the defensive lapses, just silly and unneeded goals to give up.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I wouldn't say BB was necessarily out coached... But his failure to have his players send a message and stick up for each other is a definitely weak ass.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I knew it wasn't going to be a sweep as much as I was hoping... Steal the next game ducks and finish it on home ice.

I feel really sad for Robidas... Intentional or not that was reckless and it infuriates me that it was that classless ****** that was the result of it.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Sick of those annoying Dallas fans. Probably not a single IQ over 50 in that crowd. Whatever, knocking that team out this series will just be that much sweeter.

Obviously DSP will not be playing the next game, he was invisible the 2 games he played. So we have the Stars players going after Getzlaf and Perry. Perry gets punched while he's on the ice. Getzlaf gets punched by Daley out of nowhere when he has an injured jaw, and then Daley takes more shots at him later. What have we done to Benn or Seguin? They are trying to punish our star players, it's time to get our hands dirty and go after theirs.

I predicted the Ducks in 5, so I guess this is the one game that the Stars win.

But hey, at least we won the corsi battle right?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You spent 3/4 of the game complaining about Devo on the top line. He has the say on who is out there. I'll give Lehtonen a strong first, but the team looked rough past that period. He needs to shake it up if the lines aren't working. He hesitated far too long to make those changes.

Yes I did, but there were more than enough golden opportunities for the team to score. They were out shooting Dallas every single period. Plenty of payers simply didn't show up.

Edit - and technically I've been unhappy with DSP on the top line all 5 periods he's been there. That wasn't the key to a win in game 2 any more than it was the defining reason they lost in game 3.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
Yes we did. But go on blaming the coach.

wasn't bb fault getz was held to 0 shots. dsp on the first line isn't working, but perry and getz don't need the 3rd guy to be effective, they just didn't get it done.

also wasn't bb fault the D let crap just lay around in the slot to be blasted in by the stars. or that they went fishing leaving guys wide open in slot all game.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That's a bummer. Anaheim let players like Roussell and Garbutt be too much of a factor.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
I wouldn't say BB was necessarily out coached... But his failure to have his players send a message and stick up for each other is a definitely weak ass.

he shouldn't have to tell them to do that.

maroon and allen went after seguin and ben...wasn't much but it was a message.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Yes I did, but there were more than enough golden opportunities for the team to score. They were out shooting Dallas every single period. Plenty of payers simply didn't show up.
Outshooting Dallas, sure, but in the same way that LA tends to out-shoot teams. Those opportunities didn't look so golden to these eyes, but maybe it's just me.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Yes we did. But go on blaming the coach.
getzlaf line was not only ineffective but taken off there game and forced into scrums with garbutt and roussell.benn and seguin get to do whatever they want with no fear. our "depth" didnt look very deep. i give dallas FULL credit as they where the better team tonight and deserved the win, but there game plan is very clear and that is to wear down and frustrate getz/perry and it showed in this game. ruff said that is what he wanted them to do and it worked and we had no answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce