GDT: Game 3 | Ducks at Stars, 6:30 PDT (8:30 Central!) | Unpublished Skeletal Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
maybe go 7 D next game.
the d has had a tough time moving the puck the last 2 games, dallas just takes away the middle and is gives up the walls. they won the vast majority of puck battles on the dump ins

fowler and lindholm are not even trying to skate with the puck
we need to vatanen to help combat this and because of how terrible fowler is on the PP right now.

we need fistric or sbisa to give us some more grit.

and i hope BB is not afraid to sit selanne or koivu they were both bad tonight

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Most of the nonsense took place when it was 2-0. To me, that isn't the time you send a message, because that game is very winnable. At the end of the game, I'm just against that nonsense, because it doesn't accomplish anything, except perhaps give future refs a reason to try to clamp down on you.

My biggest issue was Maroon getting the 10 minutes. Why is it that when they try to draw a penalty on Getz or Pears, it's okay, but when Maroon does it he gets tossed?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
maybe go 7 D next game.
the d has had a tough time moving the puck the last 2 games, dallas just takes away the middle and is gives up the walls. they won the vast majority of puck battles on the dump ins

fowler and lindholm are not even trying to skate with the puck
we need to vatanen to help combat this and because of how terrible fowler is on the PP right now.

we need fistric or sbisa to give us some more grit.

and i hope BB is not afraid to sit selanne or koivu they were both bad tonight

How many D zone face offs do you think Vatanen would see, as the visiting team in Dallas, in Game 4 of the playoffs?

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
It's also just possible that seeing your teammate's leg snapped like a twig put the team off their game just a little bit.

They never recovered after that. They still had the majority of the play, but they couldn't finish. The power play continues to suck & they let the stars get in their heads.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
I thought the Allen - Fistric pairing looked awesome in regular season, I'd like to see those 2 paired up together next game.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I'm not sure what that has to do with what I said.

That his philosophy is point the other cheek... it might be true, but what I'm saying is (Which was actually in response to someone saying BB did nothing :laugh: ) that maybe BB did tell them to protect each other on the ice.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
God I hate idiot fans!

Just got into it with a Stars fan on another forum who is trying to tell me Maroon is a no skill plug who's a dbag for getting into it with the ADK coach. Asked me what's the difference between Maroon and Garbutt.

:help:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
getzlaf line was not only ineffective but taken off there game and forced into scrums with garbutt and roussell.benn and seguin get to do whatever they want with no fear. our "depth" didnt look very deep. i give dallas FULL credit as they where the better team tonight and deserved the win, but there game plan is very clear and that is to wear down and frustrate getz/perry and it showed in this game. ruff said that is what he wanted them to do and it worked and we had no answer

It's the same team who had the best record in the west all year. The same coach who always mixes up the lines. We get beat in one game and right away it's the coaches fault? This is just classic knee jerk reaction. If Koivu scores early we could be up 3-0 and then the coach is a playoff genius. right?

dunkRSA8*

I want Etem in, but it's definitely not because I think he is gonna put up points. Maybe he will, who knows, but the reason I want him in is that he plays at a very intense level. He always hits and he skates. Like someone on an adrenaline high, all the time. He is gonna make mistakes, but I can live with that if we are at least competing.

I also want Fistric in the game as his penchant for big hits and nastiness will come in handy.

I also want DSP in the game, but I want him on the fourth line. He is only good enough right now to skate around and hit people. I noticed him do that a few times. Putting him on the top line just seems to put too much pressure on him. I think he thinks he is supposed to score then when really his only job is to make the other teams defence miserable.

I'd like Rakell in because he has that little bit of elusiveness to him. He might not bring much else yet, but maybe thats okay. That and the guy I want to exchange him for in Koivu just hasn't done anything of worth lately.

I'd like Silfverberg out because he just doesn't contribute. I'd like Palmieri out for the same reason. I literally do not notice him. I'd like Koivu out because his one job is to neutralize the other teams attacking threat. Twice he was put out at the end of a PP to stave off any momentum swings from a failed PP, and twice they scored on the next shift. Unfortunately, Robidas is out now.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
i don't know, how many times will boudreau send him out for them?

Rarely, because as soon as Boudreau sent him over the boards for a D zone face-off, guess who Ruff will send?

Sami's ability to improve the PP is one thing(and highly debatable, at this point) but with the last change going to Dallas, they would be in a great position to exploit Sami down low.

Oct 18, 2011
Rarely, because as soon as Boudreau sent him over the boards for a D zone face-off, guess who Ruff will send?

Sami's ability to improve the PP is one thing(and highly debatable, at this point) but with the last change going to Dallas, they would be in a great position to exploit Sami down low.
sami has shown he can compete with the bigger bodies, shelter with getzlaf, avoid the koivu line, pair with allen and go from there that's why i said go 7 D you can work around some of it

Remember, you're talking about a guy who would have single handedly won the Detroit series last year if only we had a coach smart enough to play him.
if this isn't an ad hominem argument i don't know what is

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
It's the same team who had the best record in the west all year. The same coach who always mixes up the lines. We get beat in one game and right away it's the coaches fault? This is just classic knee jerk reaction. If Koivu scores early we could be up 3-0 and then the coach is a playoff genius. right?
im not going there (or meaning to go there). i believe BB got out coached in this game. its no different then saying fowler had a bad night, but for some reason its taken as if i have no faith in BB. i dont like the way we answered in this game, its on the players too. IMO BB needed to make better in game adjustments and he didnt. why is that a knee jerk reaction? or anymore of a knee jerk reaction then blaming the ref's?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Every person has off nights, even the coach. Criticizing Bruce for his decisions in one game isn't an indictment of everything else. That is just a straw man.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Remember, you're talking about a guy who would have single handedly won the Detroit series last year if only we had a coach smart enough to play him.

How silly of me. :laugh:

I really wouldn't mind giving Sami a look when the Ducks are at home, but as the visiting team I would be terrified when Boudreau sends him on the ice. Whether it'd Seguin and Benn, or Garbutt's line, I think he'd be exploited. If Boudreau did play him, I expect we'd see massive minutes given to our top 4 guys, with Sami getting most of his time on the PP or outside the D zone.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Expected that after games 1 and 2. Ducks were not good in them either, just really lucky. Now Dallas is just pushing them around and the Ducks are unable to respond physically. We'd need a Pronger/Stevens kind of player now to really cause some havoc.

This will get ugly now.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I can't actually remember how Fistric and Allen played together well enough to decide if I want them together. I think the lack of foot speed would be exploited even worse than Vatanen's risk taking would be.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Expected that after games 1 and 2. Ducks were not good in them either, just really lucky. Now Dallas is just pushing them around and the Ducks are unable to respond physically. We'd need a Pronger/Stevens kind of player now to really cause some havoc.

This will get ugly now.

The Ducks proved they can dominate the Stars when they want to....at home.

Dallas was all over them tonight. Ducks seems to play better when they get outshot.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I can't actually remember how Fistric and Allen played together well enough to decide if I want them together. I think the lack of foot speed would be exploited even worse than Vatanen's risk taking would be.

That's why I would use Sbisa. Good mobility, can be physical... I just think Boudreau needs to keep him on a leash.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The Ducks proved they can dominate the Stars when they want to....at home. Dallas was all over them tonight. Ducks seems to play better when they get outshot

I really don't see that at all. For the most part, I thought Anaheim carried the play more than Dallas. The Stars took advantage of some mistakes, and Anaheim let Dallas draw them into silly stuff. Lehtonen also out-played Andersen tonight.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
The Ducks proved they can dominate the Stars when they want to....at home. Dallas was all over them tonight. Ducks seems to play better when they get outshot

Ducks did not dominate at home. Other than period 1 in game 1 I never had the feeling the Ducks controlled the game. Not the physical aspect nor the tempo. We edged out victories at home and in a very inconvincing matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad