GDT: Game #3 | Detroit Red Wings @ Boston Bruins | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetBigWangs

Dec 15, 2009
Samuelsson is better than Cleary, though. :(

As bad as the whole line has been, only Cleary has actually wiped out a goal right? Also, that particular Goalie Interference call was not even borderline. He just did a half-assed high jump over Miller.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Really looking forward to this one, should be tough catching the B's on a back to back though. I think Boston's top 6 is on par with Detroit's and they have a better bottom 6, although Tatar should help if he plays.

I'd much rather see Cleary sit out than Sammy. And our bottom 6 isn't going to out-grind the B's, so I'd much rather see Tats and Gus playing to out-skill them. Oh well. They're breaking in some young D-men so we can hope for some breakdowns in front of Rask.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
is he supposed to be anything special never read up on him before

Hes decent, he was really good in college I think he alsmost won the Hobey Baker. Could be a complimentary second line type. Its his older brother Rory Smith that you should look up on youtube if you want to be entertained.

I hope Tatar gets on that second PP tnight

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
is he supposed to be anything special never read up on him before

He played for Dallas last year IIRC, and didn't factor in any of the games between them and the Wings.

Brendan seemed to be the better of the 2.

As bad as the whole line has been, only Cleary has actually wiped out a goal right? Also, that particular Goalie Interference call was not even borderline. He just did a half-assed high jump over Miller.

I thought the call was terrible, but if it leads to Cleary being moved to the pressbox in favor of Nyquist then consider my mind changed.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I thought the call was terrible, but if it leads to Cleary being moved to the pressbox in favor of Nyquist then consider my mind changed.

I didn't like the call either, but I know I'd be less than thrilled if someone did that to Howard and the goal stood. It didn't cost us the game, so no real harm in the end.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m

Babcock at first said he'll decide on lineup changes tonight. Later said Tatar will get in. Then said again he'll decide tonight.

:help:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m

Babcock at first said he'll decide on lineup changes tonight. Later said Tatar will get in. Then said again he'll decide tonight.

:help:

I'm calling it right now.

Dats-Z-Cleary
Mule-Weiss-Z
Gator-Joker-Bert
Miller-Emmerton-Tatar

:shakehead

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive
Babcock said no changes on defense. Will make some net front changes on power play.

Sorry Mule, you've been demoted to the 2nd unit. Welcome back to the 1st PP unit Daniel.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Sorry Mule, you've been demoted to the 2nd unit. Welcome back to the 1st PP unit Daniel.

You joke, but that's actually an improvement since with Cleary off the 2nd PP they actually have some skill there now. I'd much rather have Franzen - Weiss - Bertuzzi than Cleary there. If Cleary HAS to be on the PP, let him be with Datsyuk and Z, where he can just stand in front of the net and not touch the puck. He actually does do that job reasonably well since he doesn't have to actually move much.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
You joke, but that's actually an improvement since with Cleary off the 2nd PP they actually have some skill there now. I'd much rather have Franzen - Weiss - Bertuzzi than Cleary there. If Cleary HAS to be on the PP, let him be with Datsyuk and Z, where he can just stand in front of the net and not touch the puck. He actually does do that job reasonably well since he doesn't have to actually move much.

So making the 1st unit worse is an improvement? The 1st unit is fine. It's 2 games in and they've had their chances.

If Mike wants to be smart then he'd put another puck carrier on the 2nd unit, as zone entry has been the main problem. Cleary doesn't help I that regard. A net front presence is useless when you have no possession.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
So making the 1st unit worse is an improvement? The 1st unit is fine. It's 2 games in and they've had their chances.

If Mike wants to be smart then he'd put another puck carrier on the 2nd unit, as zone entry has been the main problem. Cleary doesn't help I that regard. A net front presence is useless when you have no possession.

The 1st PP unit doesn't need Franzen to be successful, the 2nd PP unit might. I'm a Franzen supporter, but none of the best chances during the 1st 2 games had anything to do with him.

Franzen can help with possession on the 2nd unit. Ideally, you remove Bert and insert Tatar.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

The Wings roll that second unit out there pretty consistently, though. If we were willing to ride that top unit a bit harder, having it be way top heavy would be okay. If we're giving that second unit any serious time, though, they need to be better. So sacrificing from one for the betterment of the other does make some sense.

edit: or what Heaton said much more clearly.
Of course, we could just dress Tatar and plop him on the second unit instead. :naughty:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I know we can freak out but I actually read that as with Tatar in they might shift that unit a little and both Cleary and Bert might be gone. I mean the guy we see from time to time as net front guy when he is unhappy is Gator. So maybe Babcock is actually benching the vets like we all want. I know it is dangerous to hope but Cleary might actually be losing his PP time. :crossfing

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hey guys, I was wondering... should we expect Abdelkader to be playing with Zetterberg and Datsyuk a lot this year? Also what kind of pp time?

He is currently available on the waiver wire in my fantasy league and I've had my eye on him for a while. Great source of hits and if he is playing top line that seals the deal for me.

Primetimey*

Is Howard in net tonight or not since its a back to back? Just curious for my fantasy team :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad