Post-Game Talk: Game 3: Crow gets the shutout, series now 2-1, Hawks shell finally doesn't break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Blues fan here, coming in peace.

I was just wondering who will be replacing Seabrook? The first name that popped in my head was David Rundblad, but that's just because he was a Blues 1st round draft pick (and later traded for the pick that became Tarasenko).

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Blues fan here, coming in peace.

I was just wondering who will be replacing Seabrook? The first name that popped in my head was David Rundblad, but that's just because he was a Blues 1st round draft pick (and later traded for the pick that became Tarasenko).

Brookbank

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Hoping the Hawks are doing this after the game:

ihKA04.gif

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
The self-righteous martyr complex Blues fans are displaying is something to behold. Even more incredible is the lapdogs on this site eating it all up.

Since I was 7 (in '93) the Blues have been gooning it up, later on with Pronger, and now. I am getting sick of the Hawks trying to outmuscle a more physical team, just play your own game and none of this stuff happens. A dominant win tonight would be great, I can't take another OT loss... It's starting to remind me of that Yotes series a couple years ago...

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Since I was 7 (in '93) the Blues have been gooning it up, later on with Pronger, and now. I am getting sick of the Hawks trying to outmuscle a more physical team, just play your own game and none of this stuff happens. A dominant win tonight would be great, I can't take another OT loss... It's starting to remind me of that Yotes series a couple years ago...

Exactly. Just play your game, possess the puck, outskate, score goals, win the game, call it a day. Enough with this nonsense. These guys are grown men so they need to take some responsibility for themselves, but some of that falls on the coaching staff too. Call a timeout if you have to and settle the guys down and tell them to get back to doing what you do normally. Just ready to move on and get to tonight's game and on with the series.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Exactly. Just play your game, possess the puck, outskate, score goals, win the game, call it a day. Enough with this nonsense. These guys are grown men so they need to take some responsibility for themselves, but some of that falls on the coaching staff too. Call a timeout if you have to and settle the guys down and tell them to get back to doing what you do normally. Just ready to move on and get to tonight's game and on with the series.

That's exactly what the message needs to be tonight by Q. Get back to Chicago Blackhawks hockey and focus on transition hockey, puck possession, and lets pepper Miller with shots. Leave the Blues bait on the hook.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
It's hard to keep the puck with so little line chemistry. Saad/Versteeg have been playing like 3rd/4th liners. Zus is Zus the offense killer. Kane and Shaw don't scream domination on the cycle either. That's why the fourth line usually looks so good..One real center, a gritty winger, and a power goon.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Part of me thinks the Blues will spend the night chasing Toews, Kane and Keith and trying to hurt them but I also think Hitch will rein his guys in and keep em cool. If the Blues do go vigilante then I really hope the Hawks PP can come to life and make them regret it.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I actually feel like this game will get toned down as far as the nonsense and go back to just being normal playoff nonsense, if that makes any sense. Too many "sense" usages there. :laugh:

But no, I think things will be a normal, heated playoff game for this game, and I expect the officiating is probably going to at least start out really tight. I have zero doubt the league and/or officiating director had a say about what's going on in this game/series going forward.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
It is hilarious. I've had a lot of laughs from reading the playoff board this morning. The big, bad Hawks pushing around the weak, little Blues.

yeah the irony has had me rolling :laugh:

those big-bully big-meanie bwackhawks brained our poor poor saint backes and even mommy's hugs can't stop these tears

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Going to the game tonight, sitting in section 324. Hawks are undefeated in the post season with me in the building. Coincidence? Absolutely.

Anyone else going and want to meet up for a beer?

TheRustyJet

Feb 6, 2011
Illinois
Going to the game tonight, sitting in section 324. Hawks are undefeated in the post season with me in the building. Coincidence? Absolutely.

Anyone else going and want to meet up for a beer?

I wish I was going tonight. Then again, every time I'm at the UC they end up losing.

I may have been responsible for us having to back into the playoffs at the end of the 2010-11 season.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Who is the wrestler in Hawks stuff?

Stopped watching wrestling at close of 90's

Also could have gone the Rockers path with Seabrook/Keith

Keith = Michaels
Seabrook = Jannetty

The-Rockers-Shawn-Michaels-and-Marty-Jannetty.jpg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
What should we expect? Well probably...AS USUAL, CC lets one in early..in first shot or first 5 shots...first ten at the very latest...whatever..we will be behind..Again! Lament of most of 2014..

Also do not expect much from our 2 glamour boys...so if we are gonna won,it will have to be sharp and Hossa erupting with starry games...but still I fear the Country Club infection ran too deep into this team and so they really want to get to the golf course rather than do another run grind..

But the bright side of going out in 4 straight..which h will happen if they still cannot flip the switch tonight(next game will be a formality) ...is that our splendid marketing dept. Will be selling Ackhawks Crotch-Grabbers personally autographed by Q and his inept lolliggagers ...and YOU can have them for the amazing price of ONLY $199.99 in order to fund Rockwell's pain of ONLY porting $10.4 million from ONLY 2 home games( $8 million a game less 35% cut to the NHL)...he could have pocketed so much more diner..if only his vaunted team had found and flipped that lousy switch.. but they lost it at the end of December and have just not been the REAL Blackhawks since.. Pity poor Rocky..he will just have to make due with a paltry $10 million + when the REAL Blackhhawks might have provide him with 8-10 times that..yep..ya just might need to drown his sorrows by grabbing those official Blackhhawks Crotch-Grabbers when inevitably they will hit the market after our golfersss bow out..probably sooner than later given that our go to stars just ain't producing..

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
What should we expect? Well probably...AS USUAL, CC lets one in early..in first shot or first 5 shots...first ten at the very latest...whatever..we will be behind..Again! Lament of most of 2014..

Also do not expect much from our 2 glamour boys...so if we are gonna won,it will have to be sharp and Hossa erupting with starry games...but still I fear the Country Club infection ran too deep into this team and so they really want to get to the golf course rather than do another run grind..

But the bright side of going out in 4 straight..which h will happen if they still cannot flip the switch tonight(next game will be a formality) ...is that our splendid marketing dept. Will be selling Ackhawks Crotch-Grabbers personally autographed by Q and his inept lolliggagers ...and YOU can have them for the amazing price of ONLY $199.99 in order to fund Rockwell's pain of ONLY porting $10.4 million from ONLY 2 home games( $8 million a game less 35% cut to the NHL)...he could have pocketed so much more diner..if only his vaunted team had found and flipped that lousy switch.. but they lost it at the end of December and have just not been the REAL Blackhawks since.. Pity poor Rocky..he will just have to make due with a paltry $10 million + when the REAL Blackhhawks might have provide him with 8-10 times that..yep..ya just might need to drown his sorrows by grabbing those official Blackhhawks Crotch-Grabbers when inevitably they will hit the market after our golfersss bow out..probably sooner than later given that our go to stars just ain't producing..

maybe rocky can cut you in for half a percent to get you some sort of transcription service

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It's hard to keep the puck with so little line chemistry. Saad/Versteeg have been playing like 3rd/4th liners. Zus is Zus the offense killer. Kane and Shaw don't scream domination on the cycle either. That's why the fourth line usually looks so good..One real center, a gritty winger, and a power goon.

I agree. I'd like to see the lines change a bit. First, I'd go with lines below. If that didn't spark the offense then I'd swap Bickell with Saad and Hossa with Kane.

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Handzus-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Versteeg
Bollig-Kruger-Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad