Post-Game Talk: Game 3: Crow gets the shutout, series now 2-1, Hawks shell finally doesn't break

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
No Rock in the GDT?

It doesn't matter what your name is!
Layeth the smack down on your candy ass
Shut your hole and know your roll.
Shine it up real nice....put some lube on it...turn that sum ***** sideways and shove it up your candy ass!

I mean....come on!!!!!!

:laugh:

Well the lineup is tentative.

backesoff

Mar 14, 2014
I always enjoy looking at the opposition GDT. Well done. Gonna be another barnburner. It is about time the Blues/Hawks rivalry gets amped up.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville

Like to see Toews, Bickell, Kane or Toews, Hossa, Sharp at some point. Really like to see Morin in the line up, I mean this is the season right here Joel. Another first round exit after a Cup win is unacceptable, don't care what the circumstances or who were playing.

Blues fans are talking about getting the brooms out over there, that **** is not happening. The Hawks have gift wrapped the first two games but Christmas is over and now it's time to take control of the series. Whatcha gonna do when "Hawkmania" runs wild over you!!!

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
*edited Blues lineup for morning skate

Berglund is in for Roy. Backes is out but in Chicago.

Backes better only be here to show his support. He either has a concussion and needs to take a few games off, or he's perfectly fine and deserves an Oscar.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I'm guessing he's there to give the win one for the gipper speech. But if they even flew in with his brains scrambled that seems risky.

Also despite all the Blues fans moaning about Toews being a monster and claiming he had to be restrained by a trainer to stop his vicious cruel taunting of unconscious St. Backes, it turns out that Toews only came toward Backes in the post-hit scrum because right after Backes took that lunge at Keith, Backes then challenged Toews to a fight and started jawing at him.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I'm guessing he's there to give the win one for the gipper speech. But if they even flew in with his brains scrambled that seems risky.

Also despite all the Blues fans moaning about Toews being a monster and claiming he had to be restrained by a trainer to stop his vicious cruel taunting of unconscious St. Backes, it turns out that Toews only came toward Backes in the post-hit scrum because right after Backes took that lunge at Keith, Backes then challenged Toews to a fight and started jawing at him.

Who really knows what happens. From what I've read, Toews remembers what Backes says but has no recollection of what he or Keith might have said, which seems a little convenient.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
IIRC, Q showed the same lines in the morning skate before game 4 or 5 against DET last year and then switched them up at the start of the game. Not saying that he will today, but I don't think the morning skate lines are 100% set in stone.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Huh? Backes is a lot better than Berglund.

Would be disappointed if the Hawks don't kill the Blues in faceoffs with Backes out.

Backes was the only Blues player winning them consistently and Berglund is a career sub-.500 faceoff guy.

Also apparently Morrow is replacing Backes on their power play.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
The self-righteous martyr complex Blues fans are displaying is something to behold. Even more incredible is the lapdogs on this site eating it all up.

It is hilarious. I've had a lot of laughs from reading the playoff board this morning. The big, bad Hawks pushing around the weak, little Blues.

neodydan

Jul 4, 2011
Wonder in NBC will even air the anthem? WTF, that is a big thing for us, and I thought a big thing in playoff hockey, too.

Are they gonna cowtow to the few that *****. Hope JR blasts them if they don't air it. If we gotta listen to ****ing Don Cherry's opinion of Keith and Seabrook, then let us have our tradition too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad