Post-Game Talk: Game 3: Crow gets the shutout, series now 2-1, Hawks shell finally doesn't break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
We played like garbage..CC did not crack tonight and bailed out his no show team...We got nothing in the tank..nothing..why are we so tired and slow..no spark..no speed..cannot clear puck..just chasing.g it around..ice tilted to our zone...garbage..garage. ..garbage..our forwards just STINK...Hawks had no emotion..no spark..played like tired old.men..get Morn and Regin in..Need a shooter..need shots on Miller..need speed and fresh legs...do not know what is up with Saw..no urgency. .no spark..Country Club infection got them playing slower and slower...or fire our conditioning coach because we have WILTED. ..not.playing our style..SKATING way too SLOW..that is the problem..we just look awful...hanging by a thread..CC will not get another shut-out..our VAUNTED forwards need to show up with a lot better than this garbage..

Preach on brother.

The Frenchman

Apr 10, 2011
here's a picture of corey crawford tonight

Bly4cglCcAALpGV.jpg

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Was a good game, Crawford stole the game. I thought the Blues had their chances. Blues took some bad penalties, but didn't go out of their way to retaliate for the last game. Miller gave up a weak goal, but Blues had their chances to tie or win the game. Kudos to the Hawks, I really thought we might get another late goal to force overtime. Crawford won this game for Chicago, you should celebrate your win. Expecting another barnburner for the next game.

InTOEWSweTrust

Free Morin
May 7, 2011
Was a good game, Crawford stole the game. I thought the Blues had their chances. Blues took some bad penalties, but didn't go out of their way to retaliate for the last game. Miller gave up a weak goal, but Blues had their chances to tie or win the game. Kudos to the Hawks, I really thought we might get another late goal to force overtime. Crawford won this game for Chicago, you should celebrate your win. Expecting another barnburner for the next game.

I'm glad we have your blessing

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
It's been a weird series with respect to Chicago playing so poorly, yet they could have won all 3 games.

Tonight, there were fewer turnovers, but everything else (outside of the outcome) was the same: Chicago is getting hammered by St Louis' forecheck, the Blues absolutely own the boards, and everything from Chicago is pretty much one and done in the offensive zone.

St Louis has really played the 'Hawks exactly the way you need to; dump and chase and force the 'hawks to do the same. Unless Chicago starts moving their legs more and changes up their breakouts, they can't win this series. They look slow and it seems every board battle is 2 vs 1 against the 'hawk player.

I'm really surprised Morin didn't dress tonight and if he didn't dress tonight, I don't see why they'd change things up for game 4.

One last point: Kane looks awful. Re-watch the last minute and he's just floating. I don't know what you can do about him. He's also been a turnover machine.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I dont care how "good" or "solid" Handzeus has been, he is still killing the offense, 4th line was great today, we need Morin in there so they can actually be a threat as Kruger and Smith cant do it all by themselves with a pylon moving around with them. We need speed and energy and that can be brought with Regin and Morin, or at the least Morin, Q for ****'s sake put the kid in. Smith-Kruger-Morin line could be lethal even if it manages to get one goal in. Props to Fiddy for that rant, seems like he doesnt need spell check when he is angry and fired up.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Handzus has been very good on the PK. He's not getting scratched.

InTOEWSweTrust

Free Morin
May 7, 2011
Hey, I like good hockey. I can appreciate a good performance by a hockey player when I see it regardless of my fan status for a certain team. Crawford played an outstanding game. I don't troll opposing teams sites, I just wanted to say that I thought Crawford was the difference tonight.

Ok I'll play nice, that was probably the best game the blues played and I can agree 100% that Crawford was the difference, even though in my heart of hearts I don't like Crawford.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I dont care how "good" or "solid" Handzeus has been, he is still killing the offense, 4th line was great today, we need Morin in there so they can actually be a threat as Kruger and Smith cant do it all by themselves with a pylon moving around with them. We need speed and energy and that can be brought with Regin and Morin, or at the least Morin, Q for ****'s sake put the kid in. Smith-Kruger-Morin line could be lethal even if it manages to get one goal in. Props to Fiddy for that rant, seems like he doesnt need spell check when he is angry and fired up.

Well it was a positive sign that Q was using Smith as a center between Hossa and Sharp sometimes in the 3rd. Got Smith more ice time and kept Zus fresh for the PK.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Ok I'll play nice, that was probably the best game the blues played and I can agree 100% that Crawford was the difference, even though in my heart of hearts I don't like Crawford.

Thank you. I don't start internet feuds because that is like banging your head against a wall, you never win, lol. Just stopped by to say what I saw in this game. Long time Blues fan, but don't have any hatred towards any team, OK maybe Detroit even though they are no longer in our conference. Thanks for not making it personal. Out here.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
Zus can be in the lineup for PK as long as he sees EXTREMELY limited 5-on-5 minutes and we have Smith centering the 2nd line and Morin replacing Bollig.

This team looked like trash tonight and should consider themselves very lucky that they aren't all but out of the playoffs.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
So.. what does everyone thinks happens if Keith stays down after the hit by Ott? Cane you say.. 5 minute major? Can you say.. suspension?

But look, Keith didn't stay down and as far as we can see, isn't hurt. No penalty, no suspension.

NHL logic. Where "recklessness" is only punished when they manage to hurt their opponent.

What are you even talking about Hockey "Sensible?" That was a clean shoulder to shoulder hit end of story. Please, just stop.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Well it was a positive sign that Q was using Smith as a center between Hossa and Sharp sometimes in the 3rd. Got Smith more ice time and kept Zus fresh for the PK.

Yup that was def a good sign, I can live with Morin in place of Bollig, its not like Bollig is playing anyway with 5 mins of ice time. But if it was up to me I would throw in Morin, Regin, and Nordstrom in there in place of Zeus, Bollig and shaw(yes just for one game for him) just to send a message to the whole team. I guarantee these guys will be hungry and will come out flying, they cant really do much worse than the three guys that I mentioned...

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
Don't know if this team can survive another 2 games with both big/slow Rozi and big/slow Brookbank in the lineup and coughing the puck up again and again.

Poor Duncan Keith for having to play with Brookbank. Just awful.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
What are you even talking about Hockey "Sensible?" That was a clean shoulder to shoulder hit end of story. Please, just stop.

Stop what? He's totally correct. If he stays down and fakes it, they probably get a major out of it. That's how ****ed up this league is these days.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Based on how important he's been for the PK, I don't see how anyone can want Handzus scratched at this point. I'm all for moving him to the fourth line, or continuing to sometimes play Smith with Sharp/Hossa to limit his minutes.

If anyone does get scratched for Morin, it should be Bollig based on how little he's played. But I'm not expecting a different lineup for Wednesday.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Don't know if this team can survive another 2 games with both big/slow Rozi and big/slow Brookbank in the lineup and coughing the puck up again and again.

Poor Duncan Keith for having to play with Brookbank. Just awful.

I thought Brookbank played pretty well tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad