Post-Game Talk: Game 3: Crow gets the shutout, series now 2-1, Hawks shell finally doesn't break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Glad the Blackhawks won, but they played horribly. Worst game of the series so far.

Crawford was brilliant.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Winning ugly is still winning, and this is a process. The passing was not sharp, and there were far too many in-zone turnovers and lack of offensive possession time. However, they got the job done, and we have a shot at evening this thing up. Can't say enough good things about number 50 in the blue paint.

tomcho

Apr 27, 2010
Chicago
Bollig has now played 8:38mins out of the last 125:50. He doesn't play ST and Q obviously doesn't trust him with minutes. My kingdom to anyone who can tell me why he's dressing over Morin.

#freemorin

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I felt the Hawks needed to upgrade the #4 spot (Oduya) at the deadline. They didn't do it, and it might cost 'em in the future.

Overall, solid game from what I saw. Keep this going, Hawks!

P.S. The 2nd/3rd period Hossa in Game #2 was amazing. Hawks need more of that every game.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Interesting post-game comments from Zus.

Apparently his teammates were ribbing him when the crowd started chanting his name and he sounds like he was not any more satisfied with his play than his harshest critics, despite getting a star and the team giving him the belt.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2698...s-blocks-blues-from-victory.html#.U1YEIvldUYN

“I don’t think I had a very good game,†Handzus said. “I blocked a couple of shots and that’s about it. You want to help as much as you can with anything that you can. Obviously today it was me blocking shots. But I feel I can play way better than I played tonight.â€

Though it was a valiant effort, Handzus was just hanging on with the rest of his teammates in a shaky third period against the Blues. He seemed to know that after the Hawks lost one-goal leads in the third period in Games 1 and 2, they got away with one this time.

“I thought it was maybe our worst third period in [the series],†Handzus said. “We were really passive and we didn’t skate as much. We didn’t play with the puck. We didn’t sustain presure on them in their zone.

“They were coming at us with really high speed. They had the chances. We were kind of on our heels. But Crow [goaltender Corey Crawford] played great and stepped up big time. I think we know we need to play a little bit better than we did [Monday night]. But we won it and that’s all that matters. Now we’ve got t focus on Game 4.â€

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Let us not kid ourselves..our forwards have been pathetic this series.. We cannot expect mire wins with such passive lethargic no posession type play...where did our vaunted skating speed disappear to? Awful garbage..both our forwards and our cocking staff to blame for this no show "attack"...PP sucks....but I can live with that if our PK continues to shine..BUT there is no excuse...none for our pathetic ES play..too many MIA's...no cohesion..no WANT to attack..how can our coaches stand for such garbage from a supposedly talented but motivated team...when both the talent and motivation disappear into surrender hanging on by a thread passive hockey..well..we do not deserve to win this series.. Garbage...they ought to be embarrassed..where is the pride? Where is the Team? Where is the desire? Where is the talent? CC cannot on his own win us a series. Our forwards must show up and play our game not surrender to STL style will and tilting of the ice to play mostly in our end..We are playing like garbage..The fans should be booting our guys for such a pathetic display.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I was told, on this very forum, that the PP woes had been cured. never saw it, though the PP unit did get hot for a while.

I was also told, on this very forum, that in the playoffs the PP is not very important.

Anyone wish to reconsider?

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
So, now we have a win.

We still have a coaching staff that doesn't ice the best lineup possible, has horrendous PP scheme and thinks a 20 minute prevent defense will hold a one goal lead.

Happy for the win, still not optimistic.

BigClemMacdonald

Dec 11, 2011
So, now we have a win.

We still have a coaching staff that doesn't ice the best lineup possible, has horrendous PP scheme and thinks a 20 minute prevent defense will hold a one goal lead.

Me either.

It was nice to see them not blow a lead though, even though in this game they definitely could/should have. Can't expect Crawford to play like that every game lol.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
So, now we have a win.

Agree 100% with this. Just a brutal game to watch. How many real scoring chances did the Hawks create? Love the win, but actually feeling less confident than before last night's game.

What happened to the Hawks team that dominated the last two regular seasons Blues games? Because the Hawks were out competed in pretty much every aspect of the game last night. Hawks can't count on the Blues continuing to shank rebounds wide and choke on odd man chances.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I have to agree with the previous posters about confidence in this team.

I'm hoping all they needed was to see a mark in the win column and that they'll come out flying tomorrow night. The hockey (for lack of a better term) they played last night isn't going to cut it moving forward.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Better we should wrap it up and go going than watch more of this crap from our once vaunted team...To understand what it is to compete to attack with urgency and to give 110% to TRY to score on an opposing team...you should have seen Minnesota constantly bombard and take it to the net against the Avs last night..Must have had 15-20 grade A scoring chances..but Varlamov was a wall by himself..finally in OT he cracked and gave up the only goal in the game..but Granlund had to make a spectacular superb effort and got a highlight reel goal for his super determination and WANT in attacking the net after not quitting to keep puck possession and come off the wall to the net despite ferocious checking trying to prevent him from doing that..but he stuck with his WANT. .our Blackhhawks have to be ashamed of their lack of want to impose an attack with relentless desire on STL...instead our guys are going half-speed as if something is gonna happen by someone else on the team..but not from themselves..No spark..no team compete..no individual compete to impose any kind of attack..it is pathetic watching this submission to STL..

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Let's mosey on back to the series topic, shall we? I'll go ahead and move a few of the most recent posts there, too, for the sake of conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad