May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
The only possible explanation for us winning:

LU0LfcZ.png

Clearly, Dylan Strome is an alien.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Perlini just looks like he's completely forgotten how to play hockey. If we weren't down Dvo and Chucky, I'd absolutely sit him for a couple.

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I always thought that Perlini had great hockey player written all over him, up to his neck. Is he stupid? He looks so lost out there. It's not like Rocket Tocchet has such a sophisticated system.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Also I know the Chucky at center thing is gonna happen, but the thought of him on Strome’s wing as the trigger guy makes me drool

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'd pinpoint Strome, Cousins, Grabner, Richardson, and Raanta as all having really good games. I'd pinpoint Goligoski and Demers as not having good games. Everyone else played at a level which is basically "acceptable" and they did nothing noteworthy, which is a good thing if you're a defensive-minded player, and a bad thing if you're an offensive-minded player.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Sweet, sweet, sweet victory!!

So glad the Yotes got this win... Stops it from getting in their heads and allows them to play their game without even more pressure.

Great game by Strome Imo. Perlini had a rough one... But the Yotes got it done!

Bring it hard next game and get back to even.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Perlini appears to be forcing things a little or hasn't found the right players to line up with to put him to better use. I don't recall he and Strome being on the same line much, but that may also be a pair to try.

No one looks like they are forcing things and we haven't really shown urgency, but we also haven't reached an extreme of requiring urgency either in this short three game span.

I don't want to get too far ahead, but it's coming together. We may be a dangerous team this year from what I have seen early. Only issue for us is our really bad mistakes wind up in our net.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Nice first win against an undefeated team.

About Strome - I'm no longer worried about him in his own end. He was positionally strong and made some very solid defensive plays. Yea he scored, but look how well he passed and defended. I want to see him with Keller or Groinchenyek on a regular basis.
I still like the idea of pairing Strome with Dvorak. Dvo is so good all 200 feet of the ice AND is smart / under rated in the O zone.

And while we still have too many 4th line guys in the lineup they are certainly playing Tocchets system well.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
The fact Nick Cousins trolled both Gibson and at least half of HFYotes is cause to celebrate.

:partytime::partytime::partytime:

With five goals on 14 attempts, I think his statistics was before this, there was no reason to be unhappy with him getting a try. It's a perfectly good statistics. And even better now, of course.

Reactions: kbay

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Perlini just looks like he's completely forgotten how to play hockey. If we weren't down Dvo and Chucky, I'd absolutely sit him for a couple.

Yeah, I don't get it. He has so much skill, but he looks like crap out there offensively and defensively. He looked fantastic in preseason. On the other hand, Crouse looks great.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Yeah, I don't get it. He has so much skill, but he looks like crap out there offensively and defensively. He looked fantastic in preseason. On the other hand, Crouse looks great.

He's floating offensively. Not getting into areas where he can actually be useful. My biggest concern is that he's totally gone to sleep defensively, he's missed basically all of his defensive assignments so far. He's puck watching waaaaay too much. I'm sure he'll turn it around at some point, but he's a massive liability right now.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Dylan Strome is our best center at this point in time. Strong on the faceoffs. He has played well defensively. Someone criticized his defense. He may not be perfect defensively but I think he has played well defensively... better than others. Wow he can pass the puck. Almost every shift his line was effective.

Crouse looks good. I like Hinistroza. Lots of hustle. His goals will come. I can't wait until we get Gally and Dvo back. Kempe is all speed/forecheck and not much else. Grabner looks really good. Enjoying the PK guys pressure the damn puck and not sitting back. Been impressed by Bushkin, strong on the puck and looks solid defensively. Enjoying watching us carrying the play and outshooting the other teams. The sticky line was good. Pearls needs to find some confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad