GDT: Game 3: Coyotes @ Ducks ~ 10/14/15 19:30 PDT ~ FSA

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
For a moment in the third, you could hear a "Let's go Coyotes" chant.

In 17 years as a fan, I don't think I have ever heard that chant in an opposing team's stadium. Not only did they have enough Coyotes fans in attendance, but they also dominated so completely that the home crowd had no will to answer.

Impressive.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona

I heard that too.

In 17 years as a fan, I don't think I have ever heard that chant in an opposing team's stadium. Not only did they have enough Coyotes fans in attendance, but they also dominated so completely that the home crowd had no will to answer.

Impressive.

Amazing when you think about it.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Congrats on the win!

Any word on your lines for tonight's game?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Impressive.
No ****ing way?! I watched the game but I didn't notice it, I would love it if someone could provide a clip of it!!

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I noticed that Smith gets a shutout and doesn't get to be 1 of the 3 "stars" for the game.
3-0 so far, good start of the season, can't let up yet, unfortunately the Falcons are starting off slow. I don't see any Falcons worthy of a call up yet.
It's good to see more optimistic posts unlike just a week ago...
&
DOMI 4 the Calder...
Hanzal 4 the Bill Masterton...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not terribly concerned about how we play if we lose, b/c even in losses, I don't think we will look that outclassed. I mean, things could turn ugly - but the reason why I liked the 2009-10 team so much was b/c every time I watched a game, I never thought that we "lost" a game, even when we did wind up on the losing end. We continuously competed very hard, and I rarely felt like we got our guts punched in. Getting the same vibe from this team early on. We may lose a game or have a stretch of losses, but not b/c we outright played poorly for x number of games in a row.

Yeah, most are all giddy now, but wait till we hit a losing streak. Like you, I see effort and try in this team, and that is all I can ask for in a rebuilding year.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Yeah, most are all giddy now, but wait till we hit a losing streak. Like you, I see effort and try in this team, and that is all I can ask for in a rebuilding year.

Well, we had a great start in 09-10, and then went sub-.500 in month of November. We are bound to hit a losing streak at some point in the season. Just doubting that it carries so far over that we literally play ourselves out of contention in a 5-20 game cycle. I will even go so far to say that the longest losing streak (without points attained) we have this season is 3 games, tops. Possibly 4 with a SOL thrown in there...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Speed and youth will do that. I don't buy tonight's team as representative. The Pens, Kings, and Ducks are all playing like ass, and not just against the Coyotes. Let's see them face some adversity before we claim things have truly changed.

If anyone said we would be 3-0 to start the year we would all take that. You can tell things have changed because our talent level is at a higher level, and that allows DT to coach differently. Having said that, when we go into a slump, DT coaching will also change. This is going to be a roller coaster year, but the way it looks a fun year to watch the Coyotes.

I said it earlier, and I'm sure most have noticed. They are playing a different system. Less dumps. More/faster puck movement. Two forwards in deep on the forecheck instead of the one we have seen in year's prior.

With more talent and speed you can do that. It all depends on the type of players you have.

Some noticeable coaching changes. Will it last? Who knows. When things get bad Tip might tighten up again. But kudos to doing something different. It is clearly far more exciting to watch.

We also probably have one of the faster lineups in the NHL.

Again, DT is coaching a little different because of the players we have.

On a sad note, Doan looks really old out there. He is noticeably behind the play now.

I noticed that also. On a positive, he is getting less ice time because we finally have players that can take some of the load off Doan. This will probably help Doan in the long run this year.

Congrats to the Duke of York Glendale! :handclap:

Good one.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Domi was world class with that back hand roof shot. We haven't had that talent level since JR. Duclair was obviously unreal/sniper. I liked Tips comments about Domi/Duclair and there all around game too. Smith was great, D was good, PK too.

Still early, but we have to enjoy this. Teams will start getting their games on track and will be better prepared with less turnovers. Also, we won't be taken lightly now. Too early to say where we land this year, but the future looks brighter now!

Yeah, we are a bit of an unknown right now, but once the teams see the video of the Coyotes they will start to play us differently.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

I see W's too! Tip was pretty happy with his D last night, thought they played well. We pretty much know what we get with OEL/Z/grossman but he was happy with Stone/Murphy/Dahlback too. Obviously Smith is lights out right now and our PK looks great too. Add in the speed/play making of Rieder/Domi/Duclair, and there two way play being solid according to Tip, and here we are. Ducks out shot us but I am pretty sure we out chanced them.

I hope I don't jinx them tonight by going to the game:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well, we had a great start in 09-10, and then went sub-.500 in month of November. We are bound to hit a losing streak at some point in the season. Just doubting that it carries so far over that we literally play ourselves out of contention in a 5-20 game cycle. I will even go so far to say that the longest losing streak (without points attained) we have this season is 3 games, tops. Possibly 4 with a SOL thrown in there...

:laugh: It's nice to hear optimism for a change. I hope you don't change your tune later in the year.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It's nice to actually watch a game and know we've got a shot. Last season turned a lot of us into needing therapy. It was that bad.

This season has started off nicely and it's great that the kids are producing early, alleviating any possibility of Tippett not giving them enough ice time to develop...this should squelch that all together.

Domi/Duclair/OEL/Rieder are worth the price of admission.

I'll completely at peace as soon as we can bench Chipsuck and put someone in that spot that can actually do something other than be a turnover machine.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Very impressive game throughout. Looking confident, Smith did not have to work too hard for this shoot out despite the number of shorts; that's pretty telling, great defensive effort.

The first 20 minutes were all skills and speed and the Ducks could not cope with it; I am not even sure the Ducks had one scoring chance. After that it felt like the last two rounds of a twelve rounds boxing match in which the result is already done and dusted.

Some of Domi's passes were incredible; their accuracy, their awareness of other players positioning and space just extraordinary. His goal was fantastic but the whole sequence was like a video game moment.

Duke's skate to stick to net motion was flawless. His third goal came during a confused sequence: He seems to be a guy that can score opportunistic goals, when things are a bit messy simply because he thinks/reacts quicker than the others. This, I like a lot, this sort of instinct will be very useful in close games or in the playoffs whenever we get to them.

I was also impressed by Rieder. Fast, strong, willing to work on the boards. Great potential. This Kessy for Rieder trade is looking rather good.

I thought Doan looked ineffective out there but then he is not young anymore and he is a bit of a diesel at starts of seasons. Boedker looked rusty which is not too surprising I guess. Vermette was invisible but I am not too bothered by it.

Murphy does not look like anything the player he was last year. He is contributing to this new team physicality in our zone and that's very welcome. Stone is constantly getting better.

OEL is just amazing. He easily could have scored a couple of goals, he makes things happen everywhere. A rare talent.

Finally I watched this game via the Ducks broadcast and the guys were blown away by the kids and the general transformation of the Coyotes from one year to the next. It was interesting to hear their objective appraisal on the team.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Saw this on Twitter last night.

@wingingitmotown: Anaheim couldn't even handle Medium Domi right now and Arizona is hitting them with Max Domi.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Saw this on Twitter last night.

@wingingitmotown: Anaheim couldn't even handle Medium Domi right now and Arizona is hitting them with Max Domi.

Spit out some coffee on that one.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Habs fan here,

Domi and Duclair are ****ing impressive.

Holy ****, Domi is fassssssssttttttttttt, Duclair can shoot the puck. They are awesome

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Very impressive game throughout. Looking confident, Smith did not have to work too hard for this shoot out despite the number of shorts; that's pretty telling, great defensive effort.

The first 20 minutes were all skills and speed and the Ducks could not cope with it; I am not even sure the Ducks had one scoring chance. After that it felt like the last two rounds of a twelve rounds boxing match in which the result is already done and dusted.

Some of Domi's passes were incredible; their accuracy, their awareness of other players positioning and space just extraordinary. His goal was fantastic but the whole sequence was like a video game moment.

Duke's skate to stick to net motion was flawless. His third goal came during a confused sequence: He seems to be a guy that can score opportunistic goals, when things are a bit messy simply because he thinks/reacts quicker than the others. This, I like a lot, this sort of instinct will be very useful in close games or in the playoffs whenever we get to them.

I was also impressed by Rieder. Fast, strong, willing to work on the boards. Great potential. This Kessy for Rieder trade is looking rather good.

I thought Doan looked ineffective out there but then he is not young anymore and he is a bit of a diesel at starts of seasons. Boedker looked rusty which is not too surprising I guess. Vermette was invisible but I am not too bothered by it.

Murphy does not look like anything the player he was last year. He is contributing to this new team physicality in our zone and that's very welcome. Stone is constantly getting better.

OEL is just amazing. He easily could have scored a couple of goals, he makes things happen everywhere. A rare talent.

Finally I watched this game via the Ducks broadcast and the guys were blown away by the kids and the general transformation of the Coyotes from one year to the next. It was interesting to hear their objective appraisal on the team.

Good post. I wonder how patient we would be with Doan or Vermette if we were 0-3?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad