GDT: Game 3: Columbus vs. Dallas | 10/14 7PM EDT

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Also think it's a little clearer that Dano and Wennberg need to head on down when Jenner and Dubi return.

damn tough crowd. Just yesterday they were seen as pillars to the team here to stay, one day later and...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Tough loss, the Jackets came close to setting a franchise record starting out with three wins.... Need to get that scoring by committee going....

hossua34

Mutt
Apr 7, 2003
Irvine, CA
well deserved ass whooping

Well deserved ass whooping? We outplayed them in most aspects of the game. Lethonen was just sharp and lucky in the third, and we didn't take advantage of our golden opportunities (like the Atkinson breakaway). We're not going to win every game, and if we're losing in regulation, I'd just as soon have it be to the Western Conference.

The overall feeling I have coming away from this game - albeit a loss - is that this is going to be a fun season.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Tough loss, the Jackets came close to setting a franchise record starting out with three wins.... Need to get that scoring by committee going....

I didn't think they would win tonight simply because all the hype I kept hearing about a franchise record 3rd win to start a season. I didn't have a good feeling. Too much hype for a meaningless stat.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I wanted Wennberg down from the start. Dano looks a bit more comfortable then Wennberg does
I disagree aside from Dano being able to draw more penalties. Wennberg looks real good.

Well deserved ass whooping? We outplayed them in most aspects of the game. Lethonen was just sharp and lucky in the third, and we didn't take advantage of our golden opportunities (like the Atkinson breakaway). We're not going to win every game, and if we're losing in regulation, I'd just as soon have it be to the Western Conference.

What game where you watching? We got blasted out of the building in the 1st, part of the 2nd, and almost all of the last 15 minutes of the third. Cam's breakaway and Wennberg's chance were the only opportunities we had in the third.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

The overall feeling I have coming away from this game - albeit a loss - is that this is going to be a fun season.

I think they outplayed us handily. The Stars had way too much room to move around. They could have won 7-2 if not for Bob. Their first line absolutely dominated our second line.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So the Stars stars had ridiculous room to maneuver out there. I think we got outmatched personnel wise, but maybe also with strategy. There's just no way that amount of space should be available.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Was pretty pumped seeing Joey even it up. But yeah, Dallas deserved that one. We couldn't hang for long stretches. Our depth is good but losing Dubi and Boone was exposed a bit tonight.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well you can't win them all. What struck me again was our lack of an offense.Not goals, an offensive system. Joey's goals were a pretty good individual move and a poor stop by Lehtonen. I think he stops it 80-90% of the time. His second was a tap in off a rebound. What I fail to see is the "system" in place to get guys open in the slot or anywhere for that matter to receive a pass for a shot. Its dump, forecheck and hope it bounces somewhere a guy can get a shot. I personally hate that system because when it doesn't work like it didn't tonight we struggle mightily.

And while not ready to write him off yet, I'd like to see Hartnell do something other than deliver a couple of hard hits per game. So far I'm in the we should have complianced Umbie and tried to sign someone with skill camp.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well deserved ass whooping? We outplayed them in most aspects of the game.

No we didn't (out-played them). We deserved an ass-whipping; but as you pointed out it wasn't one.

Now on to my take on the game...

We came out flat. The Stars weren't that good. We were fighting ourselves most of the game. Dubinsky and/or Jenner would have been a welcome addition tonight. Bob was pretty good, but not great. We came out a bit flat in the 3rd.

Really we just beat ourselves.

On to my last comment. I don't like Savard in general and didn't like him again tonight. Hell if I know what he was doing on the second goal.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The hitting and forecheck was not existent in the first period. We recovered in the 2nd, but had already spotted them two goals.

We've hit more posts in three games since Beetlejuice was here.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Just got back to from the game-

Arrived late, Dallas was already up 2-0 by the time I got in, so can't comment on the first 10 minutes of the first period. Looked bad in the first, much better in the second and pretty bad in the third. The third Dallas goal looked like a softie from where I was sitting. It seemed like half the team didn't show up, so that was dissapointing. Pretty good crowd for a Tuesday game vs Dallas.

Looking for the guys to rebound Friday against the Flames.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Just a poor game. Dallas wanted this one so much more than we did, and it sucked seeing that, especially in the first period. Bad passing, bad outlets, bad through the neutral zone, bad along the boards, bad o-zone entries, just piss poor. Really decent crowd for a Tuesday, but wouldn't be surprised to see them taper off again with efforts like this.

One thought from me: Why does Richie entrust Prout with so much TOI, to me he sticks out like a sore thumb on defense, really struggled again tonight getting pucks out of the corner and effectively up the ice. We need #27 out there as soon as possible, I think the team misses that guy more than Jenner and/or Dubi, key as they may be to success.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Guys, Its game #3. Yeah we got outplayed for periods in this game. Gotta take some positive out of it though. Johan getting on board, Bob playing well! Liked seeing Foligno step up and fight Benn. We will be fine. Back at it on Fri with a much better effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad